Top Premier footie ace is 'on cocaine'

• Thread starter Thread starter CtPauley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 16K
It's a stimulant, increases awareness and energy levels. It increases athletic performance.

All you have to do is look at what effect it had on Maradonna during latter matches when his face was contorted beyond believe, really aggressive. Lawrence Taylor in his first 2 NFL seasons took it aswell to enhance performance.

It's a stimulant, increases awareness and energy levels. It increases athletic performance.

EDIT: "Cocaine increases alertness, feelings of well-being and euphoria, energy and motor activity, feelings of competence and sexuality. Athletic performance may be enhanced in sports where sustained attention and endurance is required."

Cocaine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Inb4 he says 'O BUT WIKI ESNT A RELIABLE SAUCE!!11eleventyone!!'

But what are you saying it’s a performance enhancer compared to? A player who has eaten pasta the day before and been drinking water, been asleep after MOTD and had plenty of sleep? Or someone who’s been up all night, drinking vodka and tequila? Or someone who has been taking cocaine all night? I would say cocaine would not have the positive effect of the first example, my conclusion; it’s not a performance enhancing drug unless you compare it to alcohol!

I'm not condoning it, all I'm saying is that it wouldn't give you the performance enhancement of a player who does everything right, physically and mentally, either long or short term.

But what are you saying it’s a performance enhancer compared to? A player who has eaten pasta the day before and been drinking water, been asleep after MOTD and had plenty of sleep? Or someone who’s been up all night, drinking vodka and tequila? Or someone who has been taking cocaine all night? I would say cocaine would not have the positive effect of the first example, my conclusion; it’s not a performance enhancing drug unless you compare it to alcohol!

I'm not condoning it, all I'm saying is that it wouldn't give you the performance enhancement of a player who does everything right, physically and mentally, either long or short term.

How about option A, mixed with a gram of coke 15 mins before kick off?? I dont think they would have to be up all night snorting it off a lap dancers minge. They might of used it specifically to enhance their game?? All depends really

Anyway, I prefer old George Bests performance enhancer, but If I tried to drink like him the night before, you wouldnt see me until the day after the match.... (specially if i managed to get a Miss World back....**** football!)

Last edited:

Well obviously it does, otherwise people wouldn't use it as a performance enhancer. You wildly underestimate the power of it. Besides that, why can't an athlete who 'does everything right' AND take cocaine exist?

Well obviously it does, otherwise people wouldn't use it as a performance enhancer. You wildly underestimate the power of it. Besides that, why can't an athlete who 'does everything right' AND take cocaine exist?

Cocaine is not a drug used in small doses, it's destructive in its nature. Not as other such drugs (testosterone or nadralone) that allow people to train longer and gain an advantage from stamina to use one positive example.

With cocaine, its very nature makes it ridiculously addictive, therefore people want to keep on taking it, leading to abuse, rather than it being, performance enhancing, which is exactly my point. 1 line leads to the next and so on etc etc.

The amount of people getting benefits from continued use of this drug (and cannabis, ecstasy etc.) would be negligible. The down sides far outway any 'performance enchancing gained' either in the short or long term.

'top premier footie ace'.. really?

Give it a rest, come back when you have proof of a top international player doing it. Who cares is Steve McNoonecares is snorting blow.

Cocaine is not a drug used in small doses, it's destructive in its nature. Not as other such drugs (testosterone or nadralone) that allow people to train longer and gain an advantage from stamina to use one positive example.

With cocaine, its very nature makes it ridiculously addictive, therefore people want to keep on taking it, leading to abuse, rather than it being, performance enhancing, which is exactly my point. 1 line leads to the next and so on etc etc.

The amount of people getting benefits from continued use of this drug (and cannabis, ecstasy etc.) would be negligible. The down sides far outway any 'performance enchancing gained' either in the short or long term.

Way to only consider one way that people take it and ignore the plethora of others.

People become addicted and dependent on heroin, yet it doesn't stop it having a secondary use as a painkiller in hospitals.

Way to only consider one way that people take it and ignore the plethora of others.

People become addicted and dependent on heroin, yet it doesn't stop it having a secondary use as a painkiller in hospitals.

Ok, point taken. Regardless, I am saying there are PLENTY of other drugs/compared to not taking cocaine, that mean the benefits of cocaine are negligable. Being more alert or aware does not constitue a benefit imo, cocaine does not help footballers, of this my opinion (and thats all it is, nothing to say that either of our opinions are right) will not be changed. It's a party drug, not a performance enhancing drug.

Ok, point taken. Regardless, I am saying there are PLENTY of other drugs/compared to not taking cocaine, that mean the benefits of cocaine are negligable. Being more alert or aware does not constitue a benefit imo, cocaine does not help footballers, of this my opinion (and thats all it is, nothing to say that either of our opinions are right) will not be changed. It's a party drug, not a performance enhancing drug.

So why is it banned? I'm pretty sure that the drug testers and the people who set these rules know a **** of a lot more about this than we do.

So why is it banned? I'm pretty sure that the drug testers and the people who set these rules know a **** of a lot more about this than we do.

Because it is a 'drug', like cannabis, ecstasy, heroin etc. They have different effects and the benefits cocaine would bring to a footballer are nominal. Unlike actual performance enhancing drugs such as testosterone etc.

I would have thought the banning of cocaine has more to do with protecting the public image of football and the illegal nature of the 'drug', than the postive effects that you feel cocaine would bring to a footballer.

They can't test for one performance enhancing drug, without showing up the results of other drugs, after all, it is a drugs test after all. A drug is a drug, regardless of its effect, it's going to show up on a 'drugs' test. I am disputing the effect of cocaine being a performance enhancer.

Would of though the main reason for banning coke would've been primarily a) health of the sports person b) prevent performance enhancement via illegal means.

Would of though the main reason for banning coke would've been primarily a) health of the sports person b) prevent performance enhancement via illegal means.

Also, probably the real main reason, is that it is illegal, no?

Because it is a 'drug', like cannabis, ecstasy, heroin etc. They have different effects and the benefits cocaine would bring to a footballer are nominal. Unlike actual performance enhancing drugs such as testosterone etc.

I would have thought the banning of cocaine has more to do with protecting the public image of football and the illegal nature of the 'drug', than the postive effects that you feel cocaine would bring to a footballer.

They can't test for one performance enhancing drug, without showing up the results of other drugs, after all, it is a drugs test after all. A drug is a drug, regardless of its effect, it's going to show up on a 'drugs' test. I am disputing the effect of cocaine being a performance enhancer.

Alcohol is a drug but it isn't banned. Nicotine is a drug and it isn't banned, yet buy-over-the-counter cough medicines are, clearly if there's any enhancing chemical in your system, they'll ban it.

Cocaine makes you more alert, increasing reaction time, gives more energy and endurance, all of which give you a benefit over players who have not taken it. If that isn't performance enhancing, I don't know what is.

Would've put that, but us sensible people realise that already lol.

It's just that I don't see why they would ban it if it harmed the player, they don't seem to take any issue with them smoking, or getting ****** up every night...

If it performance enhancing, then sure, ban it, but the main reason players should be banned if found guilty of using class A drugs, or an illegal drug, is because it is illegal, and at the end of the day, they should follow the same laws as everyone else, and they are role models for kids. I wouldn't want my kid to see/hear about his favourite player doing drugs, it might give him the impression they are cool/acceptable.

But if the benefits it brings are so supposedly nominal, why would they go to such lengths to explictly ban a drug that is already illegal in the UK? Makes no sense.

It's just that I don't see why they would ban it if it harmed the player, they don't seem to take any issue with them smoking, or getting ****** up every night...

If it performance enhancing, then sure, ban it, but the main reason players should be banned if found guilty of using class A drugs, or an illegal drug, is because it is illegal, and at the end of the day, they should follow the same laws as everyone else, and they are role models for kids. I wouldn't want my kid to see/hear about his favourite player doing drugs, it might give him the impression they are cool/acceptable.

That is true about the smoking and drinking-wondered about it many a time. And I pretty much agree if any player from any club is caught taking any Class A, they should feel the force of punishment to be expected. Getting the impression that for some reason, FA punishments are not consistent, or harsh enough. Would hope the main role model being the mum or dad would be able to teach them the right thing. Not sure if a footballer should be a role model but thats a different argument I guess.

That is true about the smoking and drinking-wondered about it many a time. And I pretty much agree if any player from any club is caught taking any Class A, they should feel the force of punishment to be expected. Getting the impression that for some reason, FA punishments are not consistent, or harsh enough. Would hope the main role model being the mum or dad would be able to teach them the right thing. Not sure if a footballer should be a role model but thats a different argument I guess.

If Rooney gets banned for swearing, then Class A should be punished by death!

Scunny missed 12 tests :O. Well it was actually 3 because players get tested 4 at a time so channel 4 are kind of bigging that one up. And if you ask for a schedule a month in advance sometimes plans change and your not where you might have thought you were going to be.

BBC Sport - Football - Scunthorpe United explain drugs test abandonments This link "explains" Scunny's reasoning behind missing "12" tests.

At least we are 2nd in the country for something! XD

Back