Torres targets goal against Reds

Money dosnt guarentee success simple as that. Yer you did get one over us when you signed Cole. Its 2-2 at the moment Benayoun and Torres to Chelsea and Cole and Clarke to Pool.

erm, how do you work that one out?
Torres = £50M Benayoun = £6M?

Cole = Free Clarke = Couple of hundred thousand maybe? (and he wasn't even from Chelsea at the time)

So, actually, my logic is, you're about £50M+ down?

Yossi was a bit part player at Pool so not much was made of it. Im not saying we would be where we are im just saying money dosnt guarentee success.

Yes, because Yossi plays soooooooooooooo much for you doesn't he? He was actually quite regular for us, he just chose to earn more money on the bench at Chelsea :)

If he scores, he scores. What interests me is if he celebrates or not.

He was coming into his own in his final season with us, really underrated in my opinion. Cole was a bit part player at Chelsea, yet you and a lot of other Chelsea fans were really angry towards him, and even Steve Clarke, who is only a coach for us...

Joey Cole was an absolute legend at Chelsea, a real fans favourite as he "supported Chelsea as a boy". I would even go as far as saying he was on par with Terry and Lampard for popularity. And Steve Clarke was an absolute legend as a player and then an assistant, we were unhappy they left but have accepted it. Cole wasnt a bit part player as he was injured all last season and he came back into a side what was winning week in week out without him.

What a turnaround. CJACKO used to slag off Torres and Liverpool supporters defended him, now we have exact opposite. :p

CJACKO didn't even want him.. Seem's he was lying.

Well can we have the table we gave you with the Joe Cole deal??

He's not been injured once here...

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Yossi was a bit part player at Pool so not much was made of it. Im not saying we would be where we are im just saying money dosnt guarentee success.

No he wasn't, Yossi was our main winger. Get your facts right, son.

Joey Cole was an absolute legend at Chelsea, a real fans favourite as he "supported Chelsea as a boy". I would even go as far as saying he was on par with Terry and Lampard for popularity. And Steve Clarke was an absolute legend as a player and then an assistant, we were unhappy they left but have accepted it. Cole wasnt a bit part player as he was injured all last season and he came back into a side what was winning week in week out without him.

Benny played as much for Liverpool as Cole did for Chelsea.

erm, how do you work that one out?
Torres = £50M Benayoun = £6M?

Cole = Free Clarke = Couple of hundred thousand maybe? (and he wasn't even from Chelsea at the time)

So, actually, my logic is, you're about £50M+ down?

Yes, because Yossi plays soooooooooooooo much for you doesn't he? He was actually quite regular for us, he just chose to earn more money on the bench at Chelsea :)

Yossi came with an injury cheers to your lot lol. When he was fit he did play and i expect him to do so when he comes back in about a months time. i mean 2-2 in terms of assets. The money dosnt come into play as we have considirable more than you.

He wont celebrate i just know he wont. But he will still get slammed by Pool supporters whether he did or not. If it was me i would but im a **** lol. Especially after seeing them clowns burning his shirt.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

CJACKO didn't even want him.. Seem's he was lying.

i didnt like him simple as that. Also never entered my head that this would ever happen

He's not been injured once here...

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

No he wasn't, Yossi was our main winger. Get your facts right, son.

Im pretty sure Cole has been injured. Once if i remember correctly. Even still he has been poor

Benny played as much for Liverpool as Cole did for Chelsea.

Coles been at Chelsea since 2003. 2 of his goals basicly wrapped up titles for us.

i didnt like him simple as that. Also never entered my head that this would ever happen

Yet you like him now?

Coles been at Chelsea since 2003. 2 of his goals basicly wrapped up titles for us.

I meant in terms of regularity. Benny played a similar percentage of games for us to Cole for Chelsea.

Chelsea fans will not appreciate torres as much as Liverpool did. FACT.

Wow. This Torres/Carroll **** is boring already..

Yet you like him now?

I meant in terms of regularity. Benny played a similar percentage of games for us to Cole for Chelsea.
Of course hes going to like him now hes a chelsea player, Pool fans picking at nothing here.

Torres was our best striker since Fowler, who betrayed us. It's the same thing, he went from a "You'll never walk alone" on his armband to becoming the 2nd most hated man in Mersyside [Phil Neville =]). He's disrespected us and now all I want is to see some very big hits come his way on Sunday.

Yet you like him now?

I didnt like him because he played for the side i hate most and he always scored against us. Surely thats a viable reason lol. Now he plays for the team i love and touch wood will be scoring goals for us.

Cole was a bigger player for Chelsea, and the fact he supported Chelsea gave him a link with the fans.

Certainly would be interesting to see how Chelsea fans would feel if he didn't celebrate his first goal for the club that just shelled out 50 million nicker on him.

And why all the hate guys?! 24 hours ago we were as friendly as can be. Leave out the arguments lads.

Chelsea have a world class striker.
We've got rid of a moody striker and replaced him with two potentially world class strikers.

Chill lads!

I wouldnt be too bothered if he didnt celebrate as i doubt he'll even score but he said he loves pool so fair enough as long as he gives it his all im not bothered as ill celebrate for him!!

What he said ^^ keep it friendly :p

0,,10268~9383649,00.jpg

happy lad

Torres already regrets Liverpool exit.

Last night brought about the realisation that will haunt Fernando Torres for the rest of his career.

Minutes after breaking the British transfer record, he sat stonefaced in front of an in-house camera crew and expressed his delight at finally securing a move to Chelsea.

But as he talked about his switch being "destiny", the look of dread in his eyes that accompanied his monotone spiel suggested otherwise.

Somewhere amidst £50million worth of footballer sat a little boy lost from Fuenlabrada.

In that brief moment when it dawned on him that he had sold out on those core beliefs he had harboured growing up in the Madrid suburb, 'The Kid' truly lived up to his nickname.

It will live long in his memory as well as in those of the Liverpool supporters who feel betrayed by his deadline day defection to Stamford Bridge.

Torres went on record last summer, following his return from the World Cup, to dismiss fears that he was set to leave by insisting his commitment to Liverpool was no different to that on the day he arrived. Throughout the recording, his eyes beamed and so did his smile.

By comparison, his West London screen debut was morose and the attempted sideswipe at his former employers was another example of the child within trying to convince himself he had played no part in any wrongdoing.

Throughout his three-and-a-half-year stay at Liverpool, fans were hoodwinked by Torres's countless sound bites about how he was proud to play for a 'trabajador' - a humble, hard-working club in Spanish - and live in a city with an equally significant history.

But his decision to switch to a club whose general ethos is the complete opposite has shattered illusions within the fan base that he was 'one of them'. He was anything but.

It was perhaps testiment to the powers of persuasion 'Brand Torres' - the collective term used to describe the striker and his representatives Bahia Internacional in some private quarters - held over supporters to the point that every word he uttered was perceived as gospel.

In isolation, incidents such as the armband presented to him by friends, with the words 'We'll Never Walk Alone', just months before joining Liverpool appeared an innocent coincidence.

But the relentless PR offensive undertaken by Torres and Bahia has alerted Kopites to his possible motives and view this and other instances in an understandably cynical light.

Had he quit Anfield in the summer, when fears of administration loomed large under George Gillett and Tom Hicks' reign, his move would have been understood.

Engineering a move at the beginning of the transfer window as Roy Hodgson's short-lived tenure as manager was drawing to a close, too, would have been met with disappointment but also a begrudging acceptance given Liverpool's fortunes this season.

But to leave a club under the management of Kenny Dalglish, who has united all factions, and owners who are already backing up their pledge to make Liverpool great again with actions, speaks more about a player who had mentally checked out a very long time ago.

Like Michael Owen before him, Torres left Liverpool in a bid to collect silverware, but Steven Gerrard, who himself twice turned down Chelsea, put it best when he said that lifting trophies with the club meant "a lot more than winning seven or eight trophies somewhere else."

Owen's lasting legacy was tarnished by his actions and Torres has followed his predecessor in the Anfield front line down this particularly murky path. Liverpool had the last laugh and if recent history is a trustworthy benchmark, they will do so again.

Both had the potential to become eternal legends at Anfield but instead chose to pursue the gravy train in the hope of a quick fix. Owen found out this to his cost and in time Torres will too. The little boy from Fuenlabrada trapped within already knows this.

Please note: This is a comment piece and the opinions expressed in this item are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the stance or opinions of the management and owners of Click Liverpool.

--------------

fascinated me, and it's something i thought last night after seeing the interview. link

can i just says, this is just mine, and the reporters opinions. so don't flame me :)

0,,10268~9383649,00.jpg

happy lad

Torres already regrets Liverpool exit.

Last night brought about the realisation that will haunt Fernando Torres for the rest of his career.

Minutes after breaking the British transfer record, he sat stonefaced in front of an in-house camera crew and expressed his delight at finally securing a move to Chelsea.

But as he talked about his switch being "destiny", the look of dread in his eyes that accompanied his monotone spiel suggested otherwise.

Somewhere amidst £50million worth of footballer sat a little boy lost from Fuenlabrada.

In that brief moment when it dawned on him that he had sold out on those core beliefs he had harboured growing up in the Madrid suburb, 'The Kid' truly lived up to his nickname.

It will live long in his memory as well as in those of the Liverpool supporters who feel betrayed by his deadline day defection to Stamford Bridge.

Torres went on record last summer, following his return from the World Cup, to dismiss fears that he was set to leave by insisting his commitment to Liverpool was no different to that on the day he arrived. Throughout the recording, his eyes beamed and so did his smile.

By comparison, his West London screen debut was morose and the attempted sideswipe at his former employers was another example of the child within trying to convince himself he had played no part in any wrongdoing.

Throughout his three-and-a-half-year stay at Liverpool, fans were hoodwinked by Torres's countless sound bites about how he was proud to play for a 'trabajador' - a humble, hard-working club in Spanish - and live in a city with an equally significant history.

But his decision to switch to a club whose general ethos is the complete opposite has shattered illusions within the fan base that he was 'one of them'. He was anything but.

It was perhaps testiment to the powers of persuasion 'Brand Torres' - the collective term used to describe the striker and his representatives Bahia Internacional in some private quarters - held over supporters to the point that every word he uttered was perceived as gospel.

In isolation, incidents such as the armband presented to him by friends, with the words 'We'll Never Walk Alone', just months before joining Liverpool appeared an innocent coincidence.

But the relentless PR offensive undertaken by Torres and Bahia has alerted Kopites to his possible motives and view this and other instances in an understandably cynical light.

Had he quit Anfield in the summer, when fears of administration loomed large under George Gillett and Tom Hicks' reign, his move would have been understood.

Engineering a move at the beginning of the transfer window as Roy Hodgson's short-lived tenure as manager was drawing to a close, too, would have been met with disappointment but also a begrudging acceptance given Liverpool's fortunes this season.

But to leave a club under the management of Kenny Dalglish, who has united all factions, and owners who are already backing up their pledge to make Liverpool great again with actions, speaks more about a player who had mentally checked out a very long time ago.

Like Michael Owen before him, Torres left Liverpool in a bid to collect silverware, but Steven Gerrard, who himself twice turned down Chelsea, put it best when he said that lifting trophies with the club meant "a lot more than winning seven or eight trophies somewhere else."

Owen's lasting legacy was tarnished by his actions and Torres has followed his predecessor in the Anfield front line down this particularly murky path. Liverpool had the last laugh and if recent history is a trustworthy benchmark, they will do so again.

Both had the potential to become eternal legends at Anfield but instead chose to pursue the gravy train in the hope of a quick fix. Owen found out this to his cost and in time Torres will too. The little boy from Fuenlabrada trapped within already knows this.

Please note: This is a comment piece and the opinions expressed in this item are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the stance or opinions of the management and owners of Click Liverpool.

--------------

fascinated me, and it's something i thought last night after seeing the interview. link

can i just says, this is just mine, and the reporters opinions. so don't flame me :)

Yer he looks like he has regretted it massivly ay!!!

Not bitter, just angry at how he has treated us.

I hope Carroll scores,and then points to his name and number on the back of shirt right infront of Fernando's face.

i will love carroll if he does that !

Carroll will just need the service....and am sure he will do just fine

hope Carragher will give Torres a good lesson haha !!

I cant wait for sunday now !!!!