Torres to make debut against Reds

pretty sure torres will score against chelsea, in fact im betting on him to score :p

Well, That makes no Sense, Considering Gerrard said NO....

And Terry wanted to leave you guys, Does that mean he cant talk about loyalty..?

lol I never mentioned Terry was loyal mate

btw Gerrard said NO agreed but he said he had come very close to saying YES and that was at a time when Liverpool were flying high not like they are right now so theoratically he would have said YES if the club was in the current state at the time

I know I am rambling but i get pretty angry when these Liverpool fans dont respect Torres and his decision to leave despite all he has done for them

Eh, Dont call me a liverpool Fan, I want it to happen to Weaken Chelsea... Pretty simple.
Hence why I said Liverpool fans Scott, I know your just a title hungry **** ;)

Sorry.

Absolutely munch him then.
Lul. Either way I find it pretty pathetic. The small minority who burned his shirt aswell, so sad.

lol I never mentioned Terry was loyal mate

btw Gerrard said NO agreed but he said he had come very close to saying YES and that was at a time when Liverpool were flying high not like they are right now so theoratically he would have said YES if the club was in the current state at the time

I know I am rambling but i get pretty angry when these Liverpool fans dont respect Torres and his decision to leave despite all he has done for them

What all Liverpool did for Torres, Took him from Spain and made him World class( How hard that was to say, your never know) They made torres. Torres didnt make Liverpool FC. And he has returned with one really good season for them, that is it. And when it gets hard( With things looking on the way up, NESV and stuff) He jumps ship.

What all Liverpool did for Torres, Took him from Spain and made him World class( How hard that was to say, your never know) They made torres. Torres didnt make Liverpool FC. And he has returned with one really good season for them, that is it. And when it gets hard( With things looking on the way up, NESV and stuff) He jumps ship.

yep, incredibly selfish off him but how many footballers are not selfish, small number eh

btw the fans burned his shirt, sickening sight, they call themselves the most loyal in the country and its kinda hard to see how there loyalty goes away so fast, for a player who has been such a good servant of the club, u cant burn his shirt, he showed incredible loyalty not to leave in the summer, most Pool fans forget that

yep, incredibly selfish off him but how many footballers are not selfish, small number eh

btw the fans burned his shirt, sickening sight, they call themselves the most loyal in the country and its kinda hard to see how there loyalty goes away so fast, for a player who has been such a good servant of the club, u cant burn his shirt, he showed incredible loyalty not to leave in the summer, most Pool fans forget that

England Fans burned Beckham shirts in 98... It happens, it is a knee jerk reaction that happens to the best of us, I swore and insulted Ronaldo for ages after that Wink. But i still love him and i am sure in time Liverpool fans will accept what torres did for them and learn to remember the good times. He still owed liverpool to the summer in my opinion, not like he set the world a light this year is it.

I hope Carra kicks him in row-Z, the ******* traitor-res.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Burning shirts is hardly a new thing and not representative of the whole fan base. I saw a vid of some idiot trying to burn a Carrol shirt too. It's pretty daft to do, but it happens.

For me, he could leave in the summer if I knew that he was gonna be El $ulk this whole season, he has done nothing this season to make me feel grateful he stayed in the summer.

Hoping for a Liverpool win, with Suarez and Carrol goals :)

What's a Hearts fan doing with a Chelski shirt. Not a glory-hunter surely ? Have some class - stick to your own team.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

The only problem with Stevie putting it about is that he knows not when to stop, bless 'im, & usually ends up getting a red. Carra's injured.

some people like to buy kits from other leagues. i have a bayern munich top, and used to have an ac milan one. don't get bitter just because it has your ex player in it

What Frankie said really. I don't see the harm in wearing a foreign side's shirt, I do it all the time. Does that really make me any less of a Jambo?

Hoping for a Liverpool win, with Suarez and Carrol goals :)

Suarez is lacking match fitness after his lengthy ban in Holland - could be on the bench Vs Stoke tonight. Carroll will be a definate non-starter ( thigh injury ) against Chelski.

Ye...Caroll will be injured for a few weeks. And Suarez is lacking macth fitness...question is, are you going to start with Ngog as alone striker? not good...

After all this hype with practically the whole world wanting something ironic, or interesting to happen, it will be a damp squid and Torres will be none existent :$

Huge diffrence with Terry and this is the biggest factor. Not once did he say he wanted to leave Chelsea or hand in a tranfer request.

If Gerrard want to go through EL NINO then fair enough, just aslong as he dosent mind getting caught by a late wreakless challenge by either The Bison or Obi. Or just as good get muscled off in a 50/50 by Brana and he ends up in the front row of the Chelsea fans.

Not sure if the lad will start but i want him to. If we play the same system we did yesterday then we will win with or without Nando. Buzzing for the game though its too far away lol.

After all this hype with practically the whole world wanting something ironic, or interesting to happen, it will be a damp squid and Torres will be none existent :$

Squib* (6)

Ye...Caroll will be injured for a few weeks. And Suarez is lacking macth fitness...question is, are you going to start with Ngog as alone striker? not good...

Suarez will be on bench tonight, will play a good half hour me thinks.

And it isn't like he has been training, he will start Sunday.

What Frankie said really. I don't see the harm in wearing a foreign side's shirt, I do it all the time. Does that really make me any less of a Jambo?

I wear my Cultural Leonesa shirt with pride... :)

Squib* (6)

This is what happens when your writing your lit review for your dissi and you can't leave this site alone at the same time! The words Torres and Chelsea are probably somewhere in my previous paragraph :$

Huge diffrence with Terry and this is the biggest factor. Not once did he say he wanted to leave Chelsea or hand in a tranfer request.

If Gerrard want to go through EL NINO then fair enough, just aslong as he dosent mind getting caught by a late wreakless challenge by either The Bison or Obi. Or just as good get muscled off in a 50/50 by Brana and he ends up in the front row of the Chelsea fans.

Not sure if the lad will start but i want him to. If we play the same system we did yesterday then we will win with or without Nando. Buzzing for the game though its too far away lol.

I think Gerrard will be able to handle himself in a challenge like that though, But Torres really cant. Essien bites gerrard, Gerrard bites back. Gerrard Bites Torres, The rest of the chelsea lads have to do it for him..

Fernando's agent Antonio Sanz has a Q&A session with Eurosport:

Question from Maxime: Hi Antonio. Where do you think Fernando will play at Chelsea? With Drogba still in the team, do you think Torres will have to spend time on the bench?
Antonio Sanz: Yes, although I'm not the coach. Fernando is ready to play wherever he is asked to.

Question from Aceno: When and why did Torres decide to leave Liverpool?
Antonio Sanz: The decision was made last week after Chelsea made their offer. He thought a lot about it, and decided he wanted to step up a level.

Question from AAA: People have been saying that the price for Torres was far too high. Looking at the figures paid for Spanish players like Mendieta, Jose Mari ... do you think Torres could join that group of disastrous transfers?
Antonio Sanz: We need to live more optimistically! You can't really compare different players' careers, but Jose Mari had a successful career at some big clubs. In any case, each story is different.

Question from Carlos: Did Torres want to leave as soon as Chelsea called?
Antonio Sanz: From the outset, he wasn't totally sure, no. But he analysed the situation, and put plenty of thought into it. There was plenty of deep analysis.

Question from Jordi Gascon: Did Fernando leave Liverpool for Chelsea for sporting reasons, or did he did he leave on financial grounds?
Antonio Sanz: No, it's for sporting reasons only. He's already said that it is a big step in his career.

Question from Mike: Which other clubs were interested Fernando?
Antonio Sanz: None in this window, but in the summer there were two bids from Chelsea and Manchester City. Both offers were refused by Liverpool, who were going through a difficult time.

Question from massana83: If this new contract links Fernando Torres to Chelsea until 2016, is there a possibility that Fernando will return to play for Atletico Madrid after that?
Antonio Sanz: That is not the exclusive decision of Fernando - it would also need some interest from Atletico. At this point, it's too far away.

Question from John: I am glad that Torres has gone to Chelsea. What do you think about the Liverpool fans burning their shirts of him?
Antonio Sanz: I don't like it, but I respect it. I don't think that is the best way to express your disappointment, but it's not for me to say. There are other methods of protest...

Question from Chemi: Is it true that Real Madrid tried to sign Fernando but he refused out of respect for Atletico?
Antonio Sanz: I can tell you that there were a couple of Real presidential candidates who wanted to make contact with Fernando, but he would not play for them. He has more than demonstrated his feelings for Atletico.

Question from Chicky: Does Fernando leave with some bad feelings from Liverpool?
Antonio Sanz: He leaves Liverpool very grateful - to the club, to the people of the city and to the directors. He and his family were always treated very well.

Question from Alex: Is he disappointed with the possible break-up of his relationship with Liverpool fans?
Antonio Sanz: He couldn't physically see the images because we have not seen a minute of television. He respects why the fans might be upset.

Question from Colchonero: Do you know if Atletico will receive any money from his move to Chelsea?
Antonio Sanz: No, the only teams involved in the deal are Chelsea and Liverpool.

Question from Juan Carlos: Is Torres 'the new Drogba' for Chelsea?
Antonio Sanz: I wouldn't say that. Torres is Torres, and Drogba is Drogba. Both are great strikers.

Question from Maryjoe: Is Fernando planning to explain himself to the Liverpool fans? I think the people there expect a gesture from him.
Antonio Sanz: Once we've had five minutes to analyse everything, he probably will. I'd like Fernando to explain to the fans why he left Liverpool.

Question from Maryjoe: When Fernando left Atletico, it seemed that he made the final decision after the famous match against Barca at the Calderon. Was there also a particular time that he decided to leave Liverpool?
Antonio Sanz: I think that the Calderon was the straw that broke the camel's back. He had long suspected that his time at Atletico was over. This time has been different. Anyway, Liverpool have doubled the money they spent on Fernando in 42 months.

Question from Betsy: The British press reported that Torres had felt "verbally threatened" at some points in the negotiation process. Can you explain what happened?
Antonio Sanz: Not true. What happens is that negotiations are difficult and sometimes unpleasant. There were no threats.

Question from eduardo: Did you think at any point during the negotiations that the transfer was not going to happen?
Antonio Sanz: Yes. There were critical moments, like Sunday afternoon, when I feared that it wouldn't happen.

Question from Paul: In some online forums, people put Torres's address up for Liverpool fans to go and protest at. Do you know if something happened?
Antonio Sanz: Not at Fernando's home, no. Well, we were there on Sunday night and on Monday until noon and I saw no fans.

Question from Znathan: Antonio, do you believe that El Nino can reach his full potential at Chelsea?
Antonio Sanz: Undoubtedly. He is one of the best centre-forwards in the world. Don't forget that two years ago he was voted the third best player in the world by a jury of coaches and captains, and in 2009 he was named best centre-forward by the world players' union. Only injuries have deprived us of the best Torres.

Question from jordi21: Do you think that Torres will adapt quickly at Chelsea? If not, could this be a bad signing?
Antonio Sanz: I think it was more difficult for him to adapt when he arrived in the Premier League at Liverpool, but he did.

Question from Mike: Would you like him to play against Liverpool?
Antonio Sanz: Yes, if it is deemed appropriate - Ancelotti could pick him this Sunday.

It has been a real pleasure to share a few moments with you all, and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to answer all your questions. Hopefully I can have another chat with you soon to discuss the success of Fernando.
Eurosport

Some intresting answers there and seems as if Pool fans might hear from Nando soon.