Torres was worth £70m - Benitez

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez tells the BBC a £70m deal for Fernando Torres was mooted last year.

More...

That's because last year he was good...

Worth more than Kaka. Nah, I don't think so in this form :S

i still think he is at the same level as last year,
and that hopefully he will peak at chelsea ;)

What! This is a man plagued by injury who very rarely shows glimpses of his ability.

Oh, your a Chelsea fan...

as much as i would love to argue with you,
please stay on topic (K)

Talking about Torres...

Anyway, he's never been worth £70M. Maybe a couple of seasons ago, he was worth £50M but that is a ridiculous price.

Torres is not worth 70m now... he is just barely worth the 50m Chelsea paid... (he is one of my favourite strikers, dont get me wrong)

however, he has been riddled with Injuries and poor form... still, Chelsea got a fantastic deal no matter how badly he is playing, talent never dies :)

Eagerly waiting for FFP to kick in. Bring back the old days where spending insane money was once in blue moon rather than every now and then.

On topic, no, at no point in his career he was worth 70 Million. He was worth around 40Million to 45 Million max in his debut season and he has never hit the heights again. He was unlucky with injuries though.

Three 3 years of world class performances and half a season where he is playing bad.. becasue of hodgson's style and he simply didnt want to play for LFC.. and your saying he's gone down hill..

whatever... he is easily worth 70million if chelsea can get the form back which he shown for 3 years at liverpool. they do that and 50million looks a steal

i wouldnt pay 20 for him. id feel cheated.

Three 3 years of world class performances and half a season where he is playing bad.. becasue of hodgson's style and he simply didnt want to play for LFC.. and your saying he's gone down hill..

whatever... he is easily worth 70million if chelsea can get the form back which he shown for 3 years at liverpool. they do that and 50million looks a steal

his post really breathes some life back into this issue, finally I see a Liverpool fan who is honest with Torres' ability and still respects him as a servant of the club

Well done mate :)

i wouldnt pay 20 for him. id feel cheated.

well then your the most stupid person imaginable.. all fans are the same - bad form = he's **** never gunna do it again. hhahaa make me laugh

3 years of world class performance?

First season he was. Other 2 seasons he was not. He was injured most of the time and was no where near his first season's performances.

What! This is a man plagued by injury who very rarely shows glimpses of his ability.

Oh, your a Chelsea fan...

I recall him netting around 20-30 goals in his first season and then averaging just below a goal a game the seasons after just before Hodgson took over, I am glad u think he was underperforming all that time :) and is capable of much better

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

well then your the most stupid person imaginable.. all fans are the same - bad form = he's **** never gunna do it again. hhahaa make me laugh

no everyone is after him cos he joined Chelsea, i recall at the start of the season how everyone would say that despite his bad form, torres was still one of the best strikers in the world etc. but as soon as he joined Chelsea apparently he is not good anymore, worth peanuts etc.