Wanted to thank you for your guide, really helped me formulate a plan for how to run my Spurs save! Overall a very thorough and useful guide, although I did find Adebayor to be very unhelpful more often than not, but Kweuke made up for his lack of goals. Also, Assou-Ekotto's absence for the Cup of Nations in Jan-Feb really threw a wrench in my rotations, so perhaps he is worth selling to capitalize on his value right off the bat and bringing in someone else? (Sold him for 15m, bringing in Alaba during the 2nd summer).

Again, wonderful guide and hopefully my post serves as a good bump.

Tried signing Douglas Costa to take over for Aaron Lennon, but Shaktar wouldn't accept anything less than £34 million, not the £11 million stated in the guide which was a shame, he'd be perfect in this team.

Very good guide, I kind of wanna do one with Spurs, they seem like they'd be a good team to do it with, but as an Arsenal fan i'm not sure I could bring myself to do so. :S

Do it :)

Im just gone through pre season, got swansea away first game of the season

Is anyone keeping Sigurdsson? He's actually valued at 20m + in 2016 and is averaging a decent 7.10 rating a season with a handful of goals and assists as a rotation option with Isco/Gotze and a Regen. Debating on selling him and ''cashing in'' while I can though. He's great from set pieces, has insane long shots (18), Creativity/Passing/Decisions/Composure and Balance are 17, First touch and Anticipation are 16, decent Work Rate/Strength/Natural Fitness with every other key stat @ 15/14 (Finishing, Technique, Flair, Determination).

Hmm..

WOW! Great guide pal! Was a really big help to me! Happy with all the decisions made, half way through my first season, and currently training walker to play RWB, so I can play that 451 formation, Looked a very nice formation! Was wondering if you could do a Guide for me on a team called Billericay Town in the Blue Square Bet south (where im from) its going to be tricky, but if you could do it, id be grateful! Keep up the good work mate

Amazing guide, well done mate. Encouraged me to start a Tottenham save, i'm a Newcastle fan but i've always liked the Tottenham side, and the way they play. Quite surprised with the £30m to start with! I thought it'd be closer to the £10m mark tbf. I usually do about a season and a half then get bored, i mustn't have found my true FM club yet haha! Hopefully Spurs will be it though. (Newcastle are too **** in game for me.) i can never seem to do well with them.. Nice guide though bud, best i've seen by far!

Amazing guide, well done mate. Encouraged me to start a Tottenham save, i'm a Newcastle fan but i've always liked the Tottenham side, and the way they play. Quite surprised with the £30m to start with! I thought it'd be closer to the £10m mark tbf. I usually do about a season and a half then get bored, i mustn't have found my true FM club yet haha! Hopefully Spurs will be it though. (Newcastle are too **** in game for me.) i can never seem to do well with them.. Nice guide though bud, best i've seen by far!

Newcastle are extremely overrated this year mate :) they have a lot of cash as well

Thanks for the great guide - shame I only discovered it two seasons into the game ;-)

Other great options are:
Shaqiri (~20m) for Lennon
Rodrigo (~18m) Backup for Bale / Striker
Alderweireld (~9m) and turns into a 25m defender in 2 seasons
Andre Ayew (~18m buy out clause) and is a better version of Dembele basically.
Granit Xhaka (~18m) as a backup to Sandro.

Newcastle are extremely overrated this year mate :) they have a lot of cash as well

I seem to think they're **** on it! Although some players are over rated, as you can get £5m for perch, £5m for Simpson.. £11m for Gutierrez I don't think they're worth that much at all.. In your spurs save, what exact tactics do you use? As i'm playing the first formation you suggested, but i can't seem to win. I done well pre season, but in the league, so far i've beat west ham 1-0. Got beat 3-0 by Chelsea and beat 2-1 against Newcastle. Although Bale has been injured so that could be why! And the only proper signing i have made is Hatem Ben Arfa to play instead of Aaron Lennon. Any more tips from you would be greatly appreciated mate.

I seem to think they're **** on it! Although some players are over rated, as you can get £5m for perch, £5m for Simpson.. £11m for Gutierrez I don't think they're worth that much at all.. In your spurs save, what exact tactics do you use? As i'm playing the first formation you suggested, but i can't seem to win. I done well pre season, but in the league, so far i've beat west ham 1-0. Got beat 3-0 by Chelsea and beat 2-1 against Newcastle. Although Bale has been injured so that could be why! And the only proper signing i have made is Hatem Ben Arfa to play instead of Aaron Lennon. Any more tips from you would be greatly appreciated mate.

I am still messing around with a few new ones I am working on mate :) I have had success with a 433 (3 strikers) and 3 CM's so far.. but mainly developing a 451 (DM) at the moment

I am still messing around with a few new ones I am working on mate :) I have had success with a 433 (3 strikers) and 3 CM's so far.. but mainly developing a 451 (DM) at the moment

Okay mate, i switched to a 4-4-2.. With attacking high up, wingers.. Once i changed to that i went unbeaten for about 8 games! So that's a decent formation for Spurs, only bad thing is, playing with 2 strikers when they only actually have 2 strikers at the club.. So there's no real back up. Other than youngsters!

Okay mate, i switched to a 4-4-2.. With attacking high up, wingers.. Once i changed to that i went unbeaten for about 8 games! So that's a decent formation for Spurs, only bad thing is, playing with 2 strikers when they only actually have 2 strikers at the club.. So there's no real back up. Other than youngsters!

I bought Rodrigo and Ba mate :)

303884d1359007180-tottenham-1st-season-tottenham_-transfers-history.png

What is the name of the facepack and skin you are using? Looks very nice!

Loved playing with Spurs, in my 4th season with them now. Still can't win the league though, lost the league to Man City 3 times running by 2 points or so. Managed to get Falcao for £23mill second season too.

Also recommend Santon at left back. Averaging between 7 and 7.30 a game. Not bad for £7mill. Sorry for double post.

David Santon for around 7mill, worked wonders for me since I first signing him as Benny didn't want to sign a new contract.

As a spurs fan, this team is my first pick when starting on a new FM save. Won the league in the first season with only 2 transfers and 0 sales, locked the transfer on start up, and got Wellington Nem and Andreas Conelius from FCK ind the winter transfer. well into 4 season now. and atm im secound. season 2 i came in 3 place, but got to the semifinal ind champions league. and 2 place ind season 3, and only the quaterfinals in champions league..

Little tip:

If you are using the latest LFCMarshall Update, go to staff responsibilities and change the "let teams know player is available" or somethin along those lines to 200%

Offer out Tom Huddlestone for £17m and Assou Ekotto for £14.75m.

Liverpool will offer you £17m for Huddlestone and PSG will offer £14.75m for Assou Ekotto...

Little thing i found that could be useful