I'm a Spurs fan too, and this guide is very good indeed. Even if I didn't sign any of the recommended players, all the advices helped me in my first season. I managed to win the league with +8 on City, who unfortunately defeated me in the Europa League final. I've also lost the FA cup final against United. Bad luck I guess.

Thank you mate!

I usually use Arsenal (and have a Gunners save going atm) but I am tempted to give Spurs a go. I did in 2010 and it was v/good

My Spurs save so far!

So I decided to give Spurs a go and have just finished Pre-Season (now preparing for my opening day fixture against Arsenal) so I thought I would update on my progress and players bought and sold ect.

Players In:
I have bought in a fair amount of coaches and scouts and also a lot of young players. Here are my signings so far,

Adryan £6.4m over 36 months, James Ward-Prowse £2.5m plus £4m in add ons, Luke Shaw £2.7m plus £5m in add ons, Wellington Nem £4m plus £10m over 48 months and Maximilian Meyer £2.1m.

I am still looking for a striker and have narrowed it own to Danny Welbeck who would cost £20m, Rodrigo £19m and Iago Aspas £8.75m. If I can raise the money I will take Rodrigo if not the Iago Aspas it is.

With very little to sell in the new patch I have accepted a £6m offer for Tom Huddlestone and a £2.5m bid for David Bentley. Will update more on formations ect later.

I bought Marek Hamsik,Fellaini and Leighton Baines, sold same players too... Any ideas the best formation having those players..?
Do i have to use bale for AML or it works also as a ML..? Do i ruin his career as ML ?

I've played 2 seasons with spurs and always used 4-1-2-2-1 with sandro as a anchorman.that would work well with Fellaini as ball winner and hamsik as a playmaker next to him.I have micheal Bradley as ball winner and dembele next to him.u can play bale as a winger or inside forward on both wings.I play bale,Lamela and Sterling rotating as inside forwards.

I managed to win the league in my 1st 2 seasons and the Europa 1st season plus the champs league and fa cup in the second season.

That's what i am thinking...4-1-2-2-1 Should i prefer Winger or IF for bale? The tactict Balanced Control?? You achieved so much man...i just got 4th at 1st season,got to final at euro cup and to final at fa,no trophies though.

That's what i am thinking...4-1-2-2-1 Should i prefer Winger or IF for bale? The tactict Balanced Control?? You achieved so much man...i just got 4th at 1st season,got to final at euro cup and to final at fa,no trophies though.

I've been using a 41221 or 433/451 formation with spurs with wingers not inside forwards. Its worked extremely well. Prem title, Champions league title, and FA cup all in my first season there and Bale finishing top scorer in a winger role.

View attachment 322923View attachment 322924View attachment 322925View attachment 322926View attachment 322927View attachment 322928

Last edited:
Thanks mate.I actually play Bale as a left winger but because I have Lamela as an inside forward on the right he can sometimes play on the right as an inside forward.

I play a fluid attacking formation with short passing.I'll put some pics up later when I figure out how to do it.sandro plays as my ancho man.isco plays as a advanced playmaker attack from the centre mid with either Michael Bradley or Denys Garmash next to him as a Bwm.

in tougher away maches I just change to control.just beat man u 4 nil away ;)

You kept adebayor or bought another one..? I will test your formation...i will also try Total Evolution by Pentor which is similar.

I kept adebayor and Defoe and they were played as poachers but sold adebayor is the second season.I bought leandro damaio in the second season but I got Lewandowski on a free for the 3rd and played him as a dlf and it works better.so my 3rd season strikeforce is lewandowski,Rooney and Dybala.I've just signed Rooney for 9.25 in January and just gave him a 2year deal but he's ideal as a dlf

I can land lewandowski at winter,he usually goes unhappy,around 26m...I am thinking el shaarawy for right cause i dont trust lennon, or Holby as IF. Its a pity Manu already bought Zaha.

Last edited:
Go for Lamela from Roma.I got him 1st season for 17.5 and he's been perfect for an inside forward on the right.if funds are tight Knockeart from Leicester is a decent option.I notice he bangs a lot of goals in

I want to use winger on both sides,lamela is indeed a superb player but he remains an IF..thanks for ur advices.

I actually did very good with a basic 4-4-2 setup, and only 2 major transfers over 2 seasons

yeah 4-4-2 did good for me ckl considering bales the only good winger in the game ( or young anyway) and lennnon isnt far behind

during the first season a got navas from sevilia he is a good winger

I retrained griezman and nem to play on the wings it took them so long dunno if that halted there progression