hi ..I'm newbie here

really nice guide BTW ..
I always like managing spurs in FM ..even tho I'm not spurs fan in real life :)

now I'm in january (1st season) and leading the table (no cheat ..guarantee)

I have some questions ...

- how good is sandro ... I mean, will he be able to develop much ..much better ? how about his PA, is it random ??
- I only use 1 CM and 1 DM and a sub for each ...and I want to offload Jennas ...trouble is nobody want to buy him ...so ..should I sale Palacios or O'hara ??
- should I offer new contract to Woodgate ?? ...as far as I know he's very injury prone, 2 injury prone defenders (King & Woodgate) is too much for me

here is some picts ...
my transfer history
tactic ( I use zerosea's ghost tactic ...works great for me)
league table..etc.

Last edited:
^^^ Nice work so far mate. Sell O'Hara, Palacios is better. Honestly I never check PA of players, it ruins the fun of the game. Play Sandro yes. Both he and THudd are class acts.

And yea, let Woodgate's contract expire. He is eating a lot of wage and is injury prone. So its best to let him go.

^
first of all ..sorry for my bad english

really interesting to see your way in managing spurs
your staff list is really helpful too

I agree LB is spurs only real weakness ..I put bale there and not train him as LW/AML cause modric and nicko already sitting in that position ..and I sold BAE cause in past experience he was blunder waiting to happen ..so I put bale in LB and bought jose angel for backup

I'm considering to sale Palacios cause he's playing really bad with my tactic ..dunno why ..and still cant make it work with him ...

so woodgate have to go then ...shame, he has great CB skill

thnx mate

^
first of all ..sorry for my bad english

really interesting to see your way in managing spurs
your staff list is really helpful too

I agree LB is spurs only real weakness ..I put bale there and not train him as LW/AML cause modric and nicko already sitting in that position ..and I sold BAE cause in past experience he was blunder waiting to happen ..so I put bale in LB and bought jose angel for backup

I'm considering to sale Palacios cause he's playing really bad with my tactic ..dunno why ..and still cant make it work with him ...

so woodgate have to go then ...shame, he has great CB skill

thnx mate

Its ok if you want to sell Palacios if he isn't performing for you. Never liked O'Hara but he should be ok backup

Would like to see these Guides on more teams, i.e Liverpool etc :)

Great guide mate but one question i cant find the asst manager you recommended so do you have any other recommendations?

Would like to see these Guides on more teams, i.e Liverpool etc :)
There is already a Liverpool guide, better than my Spurs one.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/eds-essential-liverpool-football-club-fm11-guide-t54608.html

Great guide mate but one question i cant find the asst manager you recommended so do you have any other recommendations?

Try Werner Kern, youth coach of Bayern Munich.
Or also have a look at Terry McDermott from Huddersfield as a cheap option :)

Fair enough, but I think Spurs have enough depth for the CB positon. And Defoe when played right is lethal so you won't even need Hulk or Suarez. Well, Spurs don't have many youth prospects though. Parrett,Kane and Caulker are the best of them
tbh, if you want to push for the tittle, I recommend getting Mexes. He becomes the third best DC in your squad, and King is injured alot, so he helps. Also, you can just sell the other DC's that you don't need.

Defoe is good. I'm a spurs fan, I go to 80% of the home games, and have played with spurs for at least 7 seasons on fmh, fm06, fm08 ect. However Defoe on fm11, is not the best striker option for spurs. Sell Pavylychenko(sp) and Keane, to raise funds, then sign Hulk or Saurez. You wont regret it.
Even on FM11, I signed Van Nisteroy. He is old, but was the best striker in my team. I got him for like 1.5m, so I didn't waste my money, and he gave my 16 goals in the season.

If you don't want to read all that, it basically says: Hulk/Saurez is better than Defoe. Mexes would be a good signing to make.

Fair enough, but I think Spurs have enough depth for the CB positon. And Defoe when played right is lethal so you won't even need Hulk or Suarez. Well, Spurs don't have many youth prospects though. Parrett,Kane and Caulker are the best of them
tbh, if you want to push for the tittle, I recommend getting Mexes. He becomes the third best DC in your squad, and King is injured alot, so he helps. Also, you can just sell the other DC's that you don't need.

Defoe is good. I'm a spurs fan, I go to 80% of the home games, and have played with spurs for at least 7 seasons on fmh, fm06, fm08 ect. However Defoe on fm11, is not the best striker option for spurs. Sell Pavylychenko(sp) and Keane, to raise funds, then sign Hulk or Saurez. You wont regret it.
Even on FM11, I signed Van Nisteroy. He is old, but was the best striker in my team. I got him for like 1.5m, so I didn't waste my money, and he gave my 16 goals in the season.

If you don't want to read all that, it basically says: Hulk/Saurez is better than Defoe. Mexes would be a good signing to make.

Good guide. Did much the same with my Tottenhamsquad. Somethings I did differently ofc. As an assistent manager I would recommend Johan Neeskens. He's out of a contract atm and has very good coaching stats. He's about as expensive as your starting *** manager ( a little bit cheaper). A problem with Tottenham can be your limited amount of coaches allowed. Had a real battle with the board about that. Still can't sign more than 1 GK-coach. Keep this in mind before firing coaches and not being able to sign new ones. Same goes for physio's. You have 9 (terrible) pyshio's, but your only allowed 2 so get this number up before you kick them all out.

The tottenhamsquad is pretty good even without signings, but a left back is a good addition. I signed Alex Sandro, a bit expensive but a great LB and even greater prospect. However don't waste Bale on DL. Getting a good DL is easier than finding a winger as good as Bale (although he's been more injured than he has played for me).
When playing with only one striker, you can sell at least one of them. I recommend Pavluchenko, since Crouch is quite unsellable and Keane, Defou and Pav are all roughly the same kind of player. Crouch has height and that can come in handy. Defou is probably your best striker, but I've played Keane and as a Advacned ST he is banging them in really well. Defou can also, with a bit of training, be used as a backup for the AMR position, if set to inside forward. After selling Pav, Kadlec is a good alternative esp since he can be used as AML aswell. Dirt cheap in my game, don't know about others.
One more thing as advice that I found very succesfull. I use Huddlestone as a deep lying playmaker defensive. He has great passing. VDV is the advance forward attacking which seems a nice partnership. Palacios/Fellani are used as ball winning midfielders support, in midfield with three players. Works like a charm, beating Chelsea (both full strenght squads) 6-1 at home in the league cup among other things.
Btw one postion that I think could use some quality is the AMR postion. Lennon isnt bringing it for me. Haven't really found a good, affordable player yet for that position, so Defou plays a lot.

Bought: Alex Sandro, Fellani, Kadlec, Rybus (Polish winger)
Sold: BAE, Kaboul (you have this CB coming in january), Krancjar (awfull player), O'hara, Hutton (having 4 simular RB's is madness), Pavluchenko
Brought in from reserves: Walker, Sandro

For me the real problem playing as Spurs is about selling player lol.Has sold Kaboul, Hutton , Jenas,Palacios,Keane,Dos Santos,Gallas,King, O'hara,Crouch,Woodgate and the most I got is only 5m from Jenas. Currently trying to offload VdV for 3m and Pav for 650k but still no offer!!!
And don't sell Defoe at all. In 3rd season he still banging goals for me :)

Why would you want to sell all of them?

Also, what do I do about Sandro's pleas for first team football, as he is a promising youth player, that I play in cups, and sometimes as a sub is the hud or palacios are injured.

Also, what do I do about Sandro's pleas for first team football, as he is a promising youth player, that I play in cups, and sometimes as a sub is the hud or palacios are injured.

Play him, Sandro is a class-act and has to be played. IMO he is better than Palacios

Play him, Sandro is a class-act and has to be played. IMO he is better than Palacios
Oh yeah, I signed a Dm, can't remember his name, and I was playing him over sandro. Palacios and Huddlestone are fighting for a place on the bench and are good to have. Sandro doesn't want to be loaned, and I want to keep him :S

Because all of them are just poor. Gallas is great at 1st season but his stats keep dropping awfully and he's eating huge wage too.

Hmmm I have problem getting the best from Hudd. Play him as DL playmaker but I got craploads of long shot from him instead of assists. Loaning him out at Man Utd at the moment and he's poor for them too. 26 match with only 1 assist lol

Because all of them are just poor. Gallas is great at 1st season but his stats keep dropping awfully and he's eating huge wage too.

Hmmm I have problem getting the best from Hudd. Play him as DL playmaker but I got craploads of long shot from him instead of assists. Loaning him out at Man Utd at the moment and he's poor for them too. 26 match with only 1 assist lol

I know THudd's long shots can be a bit of a problem. The best is to go in his PI and set long shots to rarely

Play him as a DL playmaker defensive, that way he'll won't come close enough to shoot at goal or at least this seems to work for me.

really struggling with getting goals from corners i seem to rack up around 12 a game but 9 times out of 10 it just gets cleared. Any solid tactics i could use? I have andy carroll and sold crouch if that helps in answering!