Ok thanks, it was adv. playmaker Bale and Lennon, but that doesnt work. Was wondering why they dont give a lot of crosses. lol, i think this will work great. i let u know ;)

Not really mate. Modric won't do good as CM attack, reason being his poor finishing.

You know, I never actually bother looking at his finishing....... But I play either him or VDV as AP, support so it doesn't matter much in my game. But CM attack doesnt get the best out of VDV so better not play both of them then.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Which actually leads me to the following. Tottenham, second season. I have a lot of good midfielders, but not a good idea of how to play them correctly. It's been a bit of a guess and although they have been doing good, it never hurts to learn.

I currently play my midfielders:

Huddlestone/Sissoko Deep lying playmaker, defend.
Afellay/Palacios B2B or BWM
VDV/Modric advanced playmaker attack/support

Also have Sandro (backup for Huddle/Siss) and Hazard (AML or AP)

Any suggestions to get the best of them in a 4-1-2-3 or 4-3-3 formation?

People really do love to buy and sell players don't they? Tottenham has a very nice squad to begin with, and there's def. no need to go so crazy with the back line.....they have 4 or 5 quality CBs to start. Selling those guys for below value....buying other guys that aren't for sale for above value....I don't get it.

Though I'll admit I'm dying for City to come through with this rumored $23 million for Ledley King in my game.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

VDV - AMC/support. Its what he was made to do.

U have bought good players. Eden Hazard is great right? I play a 41221 form with my spurs game.

And yeah i put Vdv as Adv. playmaker much better i think. I have Huddlestone as ballwinning Cdm, but better make him deep lying cdm yes>?

People likes to buy and sell yeah, btw Ledley King is injured a lot dammit, Kaboul hmm dont like him, Bassong is kool, Dawson is quite good and Gallas great. But bought Rami hehe 24 and a beast. Coentrao also, but not really doing well.

Sandro is gonna be a good plyer.

People really do love to buy and sell players don't they? Tottenham has a very nice squad to begin with, and there's def. no need to go so crazy with the back line.....they have 4 or 5 quality CBs to start. Selling those guys for below value....buying other guys that aren't for sale for above value....I don't get it..

Yeah I think having a good squad isn't good enough, people want to buy/sell cause it's fun. The CB's of Tot are really good esp Dawson and Bassong (made young player of the year first season). Think you could leave as it is and still win the league with ease. Few things however, King is very injury prone, so if in bad luck he will be injured for most of the season. Gallas is quite old, so you should have a young player ready for the 2nd season, but Caulker is a very promising talent from the youth ranks. Also an extra LB doesn't hurt, though BAE is quite good in my game. Finally Tottenham have to many RB's. 4 with Kaboul able to play there as well. However could resist signing Dede (Sevilla) in my second season as he is quite good and Corluka has quite poor stamina so will be at low condition at the end of nearly every match, so sold him.

@G, yeah Hazard is a wonderkid, good as AML or AMC and young so trainable. Finding the right role for Huddlestone is tricky as he is a defensive player but has great passing, putting that too use can be worth it. But the question if it is a good thing to play a DLP and a AP nobody has answered yet.

Last edited:
nice formation. i play the same. i won my first season the spurs and only spent £10 million on scott parker he is a rock in center mid.
gk gomes dl bassong (defend full back) lcb gallas/woodgate rcb king/dawson rb kaboul/walker (defend full back) rcm modric (deep lying playmaker) cm parker (box to box) lcm vdv (advanced playmaker) aml bale (winger) amr bentley (winger) stc defoe (advanced forward)

the link of the tactic doesn't work........... any help??

and i was wondering what do i play my DM (m'vila/huddlestone) and RCM and LCM??

Last edited:
Both Modric and VdV are being quite poor in my game lately, but Kranjcar is on fire as a winger.

Both Modric and VdV are being quite poor in my game lately, but Kranjcar is on fire as a winger.

Hey Ashvin, from your name I reckon your an Indian, nice me too :)

What roles are you playing VDV and Modric?

Nice guide! It was to easy managing United :p, I felt I needed some variation, and Spurs was perfect! :D

Maybe this will help too

Geezers!

So, you want to know a bit more about what to do with Tottenham? This is my history thus far:

In my 5th seasons (with Spurs)
EPL Winners x 2
League Cup x1
European Championship Runners-up x 2
FA Cup Runner-up x 1

I play the Barca tactic. First two seans I played Defoe as the lone striker. Simply put, he was awesome, scoring the most in both the EPL and Europe. But in his 3rd season he becomes inconsistent. I do not know why; maybe because I bought Andy Carroll for £7.5m? Andy Carroll is ok. Mainly, he is my back-up striker.

I play Bale as the forward attaking winger. He is very good. However, this season I got Arjen Robben on a free transfer, so Bale now plays as an attacking left back.

Other notable players are Adam Johnson from Man City. Got him for £20m and I play him as an attacking right winger. He is awesome!

Another great purchase is James Milner, another £20m purchase from Man City. He plays as my attacking CM but this season I have put him as the DM. Why?

My big two purchses this season have been Babacar (£36m) and Javier Pastore (£45m). Although, Pastore is doing ok, Babacar is not firing yet so I have relegated him to the bench and Andy Carrol starts. Thank God I have goal scoring support men!

With regards to Goalkeepers, Gomes is awesome. Dawson is very good too. And i bought Michah Richards for £25m and he plays RB.

My starting eleven are:

Gomes (GK)
Micah Richards (RB)
Dawson (RCB)
Lescott (LCB)
Leighton Baines (LB)
Milner (DM)
Pastore (RCM)
Paulo Henrique (LCM)
Adam Johnson (AMR)
Bale (AML)
Carroll (S)

Final point, every season I get about £40m in transfer money. The only way I could afford to spend £81m in one season was to buy them aand spread the transfer over 36 months. Works wonders!(H)

I'm Mauritian actually, but of Indian origin. :D

Kranjcar's still being on fire in my game. Scored twice against United to put me through to the CL final. Bale got injured for 6 months, and Kranjcar's playing most of the games. I usually rotate between Modric and VdV as advanced playmaker. When I play them both, I have Modric as deep-lying playmaker and VdV as advanced playmaker. I have started playing Modric on the wing too recently since Kranjcar was getting too tired, and he's been really effective there.

Last edited:
Bale and Modric are brilliant in 11.3, but it sucks that Walker is on loan and cannot be recalled.

If you're looking to save money, lucas digne is a good back-up for BAE and develops really well, and Server Jeparov is great cover for central midfield, he's less than £1 million. Raphael Varane is a must-buy, he becomes a good Premier Division player after just one season and develops into one of the best CB in the world...

If you're looking to save money, lucas digne is a good back-up for BAE and develops really well, and Server Jeparov is great cover for central midfield, he's less than £1 million. Raphael Varane is a must-buy, he becomes a good Premier Division player after just one season and develops into one of the best CB in the world...

Yes Digne and Varane are awesome wonderkids, don't see why one would sign Jeparov as Spurs already have a jam-packed midfield :)