Great update mate, love it good player Shawcross at Liverpool on my game now!

Yeh performing really well, :) stats really come on as well :) You got a good signing there mate he's their first choice!!

Great story mate! Shawcross is quality in my Stoke save! Top scorer in Season 2 I will follow!!

Love the story mate! You just got a new 'subscriber'(or follower if you want)!

Transfer Shockwaves Rock Tottenham Hotspur

Monday 26th July

28228.png

Tottenham Hotspur have had to prepare themselves with life without Luka Modric. The Croation who was something of a dynamic force for Spurs has handed in a transfer request after Barcelona approached Tottenham about signing the attacking midfielder. At first Jamie Redknapp scoffed at the idea of selling one of the clubs prized assest but had to make a U-turn after Modric handed in his transfer request.

Tottenham knew there was nothing they could do to keep the experienced Croation as Barcelona could offer him wages Tottenham simply couldn't. Pep Guardiola had not been subtle about the interest in the Tottenham midfielder and had spoken a few times to the Spanish press about the potential transfer.

Tottenham knowing they had been beaten by the European Champions offered Barcelona the chance to sign Modric for £20,000,000 but were quickly knocked back on the high figure. Barca though came back with an offer of around £16,000,000 which was accepted by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

LukaModricTottenhamMay2010_2457917.jpg

Modric was soon flown out to Spain where he concluded his transfer and was unveiled as Barcelona's latest marquee signing. It left Tottenham and Jamie Redknapp with a rather large hole to fill in the Spurs squad and had left many fans wondering if Tottenham could attract another player of his calibre.

Tuesday 27th July

Another Tottenham player on his way out of London was Russian striker Roman Pavlyuchenko. Although many believed him to be on his way out of Tottenham anyway, it still comes as a shock after the departure of fan favourite Luka Modric. It's believed that Tottenham had touted around Europe looking for a potential buyer for their on off Russian striker.

AC Milan answered the call offering Tottenham £8,500,000 for Pavlyuchenko. Tottenham accepted the Italian giants offer, looking to offload the striker quickly so they could concentrate on incoming transfers rather than focusing on another player leaving.

94575_news.jpg

With Roman Pavlyuchenko's exit days after Luka Modric's departure. Many fans were left wondering if Jamie Redknapp knew what he was doing. He would have to bring in some new signings and quick if he was to appease the declining faith in him from the fans.

Last edited:
Loved your Palermo story... Will definately follow.

Nice update mate keep it up!!! Fantastic

just done another update :)

Your Palermo story was great! This is a great start too man, keep it up :)

Tottenham Ready For Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup Opener

Thursday 29th July

Tottenham will walk out onto the pitch at White Hart Lane to play one of their most emotional matches ever. Over the next two days The Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup takes place, a competition created to remember the late Harry Redknapp. This idea was the brainchild of the Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy who wanted to create something spectacular to remember a spectacular man.

Tottenham face off against Dinamo Moscow in the 12.00 kickoff while Bayern Munich take on Athletic Bilbao At the 17.30 kick off. The winner of both matches will play tomorrow at 17.30, after the two who lose today play a match to determine third place.

Jamie Redknapp will hope his team have enough about them so see off Moscow today and will be watching nervously as his team play without the influential Luka Modric who recently joined Barcelona. New signing Ryan Shawcross goes straight into the team and he will at least give the fans something to talk about as they will be watching his performance closely.

Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup - Semi Final

View attachment 142827Tottenham 4 - 2 MoscowView attachment 142826
Jermain Defoe (15), Rafael Van Der Vaart (43, 58) Sebastain Bassong (69), Tomislav Dujmovic (13), Alan Chesnokov (83)

Gomes

A Hutton - W Gallas - R Shawcross - Ekotto

A Lennon - Sandro - Van Der Vaart - G Bale

P Couch - J Defoe

Rafael.jpg

Tottenham's performance was full of heart today. They ended up 1-0 down after just 13 minutes as Tomislav Dujmovic took advantage of Spurs' keeper Gomes' poor kick. It was mis-queued and fell straight to the Croation who rounded the Tottenham keeper and put the Russian side ahead. It was however a short lived lead as Jermain Defoe scored just two minutes later after some good link up play with Crouch who slid the ball into Defoes path for him to smash the ball into the Dinamo net. It was however Rafael Van Der Vaart who stole the show, he marshalled the Tottenham midfield and bullied the Mosocw defence earning himself two goals. As the Spurs fans sang songs of praise for the Dutchman it seemed all those in attendance had forgotten about Luka Modric. Ryan Shawcross played well at the back and enjoyed a good game which was more about the emotion that the actual result.

The Tottenham fans whilst ecstatic with the win over Dinamo Moscow were also treated to the second semi-final of the Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup which saw Athletic Bilbao take on Bayern Munich.

Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup - Semi Final

View attachment 142825Ath Bilbao 1 - 1 Bayern MunichView attachment 142824
Fernando Llorente (38), Arjen Robben (19)

(Athletico win 4-3 on penalties)

The second game of the day was as exciting as the first and ended in a penatly shootout which saw Athletic edge past German giants Bayern in a shock result.

The Tottenham faithful will have enjoyed the day and will be looking foward to tomorrows final against Spanish side Athletic Bilbao in the final.

images

After the game ITV presenter Adrian Chiles summed it up by stating that Harry Redknapp would have been very proud of the proceedings which had taken place at White Hart Lane today.

Last edited:
Great update mate keep it up :) going to love the Spurs Story I look forward to seeing who else you get in :)

Wow that is quite the transfer budget you are getting, selling Modric and Pav for a combined 24.5 million, and only 12 million on Shawcross up to now

Looking forward to see what other players you sign, and beat Bilbao for Harry!

Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup Final

Friday 30th July

With Tottenhams win in yesterday's game giving them the opportunity to play in the final of the very first Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup, it will give the club and the fans great pleasure to do so. With Spurs conquering and beating Dinamo Moscow comprehensively it sets up a final against Athletico Bilbao who scraped past the might of Bayern Munich on penalties in the other semi final.

The 12.00 kickoff between Bayern Munich and Dinamo Moscow was played earlier with Bayern picking off the Russians to record a 2-0 win and take third place in the competition.

Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup - Third Place Playoff
View attachment 143000D Moscow 0 - 2 Bayern MunichView attachment 142998
Arjen Robben (1), Miroslav Klose (86)

Arjen-Robben-Bayern-Munich-Champions-League-S_2444850.jpg

With 3rd place now wrapped up by the Germans it was yet to be decided who would walk away with this years trophy. Either a resilient Athletico Bilbao who stunned Bayern with their shock win or a gutsy Tottenham Hotspur who desperately want to win in honour of their late manager.

The Tottenham fans who were present to watch the 3rd place playoff were now joined by many more Spurs fans who had arrived to cheer on their beloved team. Many fans were expecting a home win and had their hopes set high for the match.

Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup - Final

View attachment 143001Tottenham 1 - 0 Athletico BilbaoView attachment 142999
Gareth Bale (55)

Gomes

A Lennon - Sandro - R Van Der vaart - G Bale

P Crouch - Defoe

gareth-bale-spurs-v-stoke-006.jpg

Gareth Bale scored the winner today to give his Tottenham side the vital victory and to win the very first Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup. Tottenham didn't have it all their own way though and a plucky Athletico Bilbao will be more than happy with their own performance. The Spanish team dominated the first 20minutes going close to scoring on two occasions, only to be denied by Tottenham shot stopper Gomes. As the game progressed Spurs became more involved and steadily took control of the game. Ten minutes after halftime the game sprung to life when Sandro won possesion just over the halfway line, he looked up and saw Bale steaming into the box, he lofted in a high through ball which Bale superbly controlled with his knee before volleying it into the Bilbao goal. It was a fine take and had the whole stadium up on it's feet. After the game Tottenham collected their trophy and celebrated with their new manager Jamie Redknapp.

Last edited:
Nice update mate, congrats on the cup win :) good old Bale!!!

A Good Day For Tottenham! A Cup Win And A New Signing Arrives

Friday 30th July

28228.png

What a day for Tottenham! Not only has the club won the first ever Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup, they have signed their second player in the transfer market too. With money available for the Spurs manager Jamie Redknapp, many fans have been awaiting the arrival of a superstar. Tottenham are perhaps being a little more grounded though as they haven't yet signed a superstar but have however potentially purchased a superstar of the future.

Jack Rodwell Leaves Everton To Sign For Spurs

The Ex Everton youngster joins Tottenham for a fee reportedly close to £14,250,000. Toffee's fans have voiced their concerns about the sale and have reacted angrily to it. They see the sale of their clubs former starlet as a bad bit of business which could have hugely detrimental effects on the rest of the squad.

90d58215-e042-4aef-ada9-1e0162a2c520.jpg

The Tottenham fans were pleased with the purchase and will welcome their second young signing into the club. Rodwell who had made his way up the Everton ranks has been the subject of much speculation over the last few seasons with the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal reportedly interested in his services. Jamie Redknapp however made his interest concrete and grabbed his man who he see's as another player capable of leading the club into the future.

With the signing of Ryan Shawcross and now Jack Rodwell it seems Jamie Redknapp is keen to keep the core of his squad English and prodominately young. It's starting to look like Daniel Levy has given his new man in charge permission to start building a new dynasty within the club.

Last edited:
Good signing mate really is!! Sure he'll fit into your squad well. Look forward to seeing what sort of formation and what not you'll be playing :)

Tottenham Look To Friendlies To Help Team Gel

Thursday 5th August 2010

Tottenham look to build on the momentum and confidence they have aquired since lifting the Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup. The team look to have embraced Jamie Redknapp and look like they are enjoying playing under him. Club captain Ledley King has been quoted in many of the papers stating that Jamie Redknapp has a similar approach to the game as his father did and that he could see many similarities between father and son.

Tottenham will play Port Vale at White Hart Lane and will be seeking another pre-season win. With the strength and overall talent held within the Tottenham ranks it could well be a whitewash today with Spurs mopping the floor with Port Vale. On the other hand though there's been bigger shocks in the world of football and no-one is saying it's impossible for a Port Vale win.

Pre-Season - Friendly
View attachment 143035Tottenham 3 - 0 Port ValeView attachment 143058
Jermain Defoe (5), Steven Pienaar (21), Aaron Lennon (71)

Gomes

A Lennon - Sandro - J Rodwell - S Pienaar

P Crouch - J Defoe

aaron_lennon_240x320.jpg

Aaron Lennon's raw pace was too much for Port Vale today who were left running around in circles trying to catch the young Englishman. Spurs quickly took the lead through Jermain Defoe who latched onto a Peter Crouch header which had been directed into his path for him to cooly slot home just after 5 minutes. Just 15 minutes later Port Vale were picking the ball out of their net again when Steven Pienaar's diving header torpedoed in to make the score 2-0. The match calmed down after that with no-one really threatening at either end. Port Vale striker Justin Richards tryed in vain to get his team in gear but it just wasn't happening for Port Vale man. Late on and not content with just creating the assist for Pienaar's goal, Aaron Lennon caught Port Vale on the break, he darted past Port Vale's gormless defender Ryan McGivern who he up-ended in the process and struck a fierce shot into the top left corner of the Port Vale goal to make it 3-0 and a good performance by Spurs.

Last edited:
Good update mate :) I like the look of that line up plenty of steel in midfield and flair going forward!

done an update myself now :)

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Signs For Spurs

Friday 6th August 2010

28228.png

Tottenham have snapped up Southampton's promising teenager Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. With more than over 7 clubs interested in signing the young starlet, Jamie Redknapp swooped earliest and was rewarded with the capture of yet another young Englishman.

Chamberlain who has really recently un-earthed himself as a talent is still very young and at only 16 years of age will need nurturing and tutoring to become one of England's finest. At Tottenham though he has a fantastic role model in Aaron Lennon who plays on the wing like Chamberlain.

Southampton had been eager to hold onto their young protegee but resigned themselves to losing him after too many top clubs made their interest in Chamberlain public knowledge. The young winger follows in the footsteps of Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale who were also products of the Southampton youth system to join Premierleague clubs and are now becoming stars. Chamberlain will link back up with Bale who is now emerging as a class Tottenham player.

Tottenham
have signed Chamberlain on a 5 year deal and paid Southampton £2,500,000 for the yougster. He will most likely feature in one off games as he looks to learn how to cope with the Premierleague standards. It is possible that Tottenham may even loan the youngster out sending him back to Southampton or possibly a Championship team.

c76ced61fe05eb977114db06fb62a2e8.jpg

Chamberlain Statement

I am sad to be leaving Southampton who gave me the opportunity into the football world and would like to thank the club and the fans for supporting me. I hope they understand my decision to leave and don't see me as abandoning them. Tottenham has always been a club that has intrigued me as I feel the way I play will suit the team and play to it's strengths. I know I may not feature alot this season and I may have to go out on loan to gain some valuable experience but I have spoken to Mr Jamie Redknapp who has assured me that I am most definately in his plans for the not so distant future.