Fluid
Control
Freedom is Disciplined
Closing down - Press more

Tottenham To Enter Unchartered Territory

Tuesday 17 August 2010

View attachment 143369

Tottenham today delve into the world of the unknown. Jamie Redknapp as a manager and Tottenham have both never participated in the Champions League. Spurs have always craved a place in the competition along with Europe's elite but have until last season missed out on the chance to qualify.

Today they play BSC Young Boys from Switzerland who they are expected to beat comfortably. Spurs have traveled to Switzerland where they will look to take advantage of the away goal rule. Jamie Redknapp has told his team not to underestimate the Swiss team and has warned them about over confidence

View attachment 143374
Tuesday 17 August 2010
Champions League - Playoff Round Leg 1
View attachment 143370Young Boys 1 - 5 TottenhamView attachment 143371
Adriano (44), Rafael Van Der Vaart (19), Jermain Defoe (27, 90+1), Gareth Bale (34), Alex Chamberlain (41)

Gomes

Y Kaboul - R Shawcross - L King - Ekotto

A Chamberlain - Sandro - R Van Der Vaart - G Bale

J Defoe - P Crouch

Jermain-Defoe-Tottenham-Hotspur-Champions-Lea_2538742.jpg

Tottenham smashed Young Boys today scoring an impressive 5 goals to make the Swiss sides job at White Hart Lane in 8 days time practically impossible. Tottenham hero Jermain Defoe scored 2 goals to cap off a spirited performance and was lauded by Jamie Redknapp as being one of England's best goal scorers. Although Defoe's performance was good Alex Chamberlain's was better. He started his first ever Tottenham game and was definately out to impress. He set up two of todays goals including one of Defoe's and another one for Gareth Bale. He also got himself on the scoresheet as he cut inside from the wing and powered in a shot from just inside the Young Boys penalty area. His performance earned him the Man Of The Match award and will have made him one of Spurs most exciting young talents at the club.

View attachment 143376
Saturday 21st August 2010
Premier League - Matchday 2
View attachment 143372Newcastle 1 - 3 TottenhamView attachment 143371
Hatem Ben Arfa (18), Ashley Young (24, 45+3, 74)

Gomes

A Hutton - R Shawcross - S Bassong - Ekotto

A Lennon - Sandro - R Van Der Vaart - G Bale

P Crouch - Ashley Young

Ashley-young_1736187c.jpg

Ashley Young: Things Couldn't Get Any Better!

Tottenham Hotspur's newest sensation Ashley Young has recently spoken to the press about his blistering start to life at Tottenham and about scoring his hattrick he scored against Newcastle at St James Park.

For me scoring is always something special whether it's one or three in a match it doesn't matter. I love to get on the scoresheet and will always endeveur to do so. Scoring that hattrick definatly put the biggest smile on my face but I'm a professional and know that the team's performance is much more important than individuals. I am lucky enough to play with a great group of lads and want to thank them for making my arrival here in London as easy as it could have been.

View attachment 143374
Wednesday 25th August 2010
Champions League - Playoff Round Leg 2
View attachment 143371Tottenham 2 (5) - (1) 0 Young BoysView attachment 143370
Peter Crouch (12), Ashley Young (57)

B Alnwick

A Hutton - R Shawcross - S Bassong - Ekotto

A Chamberlain - N Kranjcar - T Huddlestone - S Pienaar

P Crouch - A Young

_50139839_spurs_466x282ap.jpg

Tottenham have done what was expected of them and have kncoked out BSC Young Boys in the Champions League Play Off Qualification round. The London team didn't really need to step up too many gears tonight as they looked relaxed and at times too confident. Peter Crouch headed in the first on 12 minutes from another sublime Chamberlain cross'. It was Peter Crouch's first goal of the season and he looked delighted as he watched his header rustle into the Young Boys net. Ashley Young's incredible scoring record continued as he was again amongst the scorers. He latched onto Niko Kranjcar's through ball and struck it low into the left corner of the Young Boys goal.

Great update mate, love the story, and Spurs I have a soft spot for!!

p.s update on mine

Superb story although I would be even more devasted if we lost Luka in real life. Definately a follower and hope we win everything and finish above that lot down the road.

Good luck.

If u get time please have a look at my AFC Wimbledon - The Rise of the Wombles story.

Thanks

Nice mate :) Hows chamberlain doing for you ? and you getting on in league

Great so far i am following. Like the edition of the Harry Redknapp Memorial Cup

Hey Guys... Am fuming as someone has copied my idea on another forum going as far to Copy my threads... this is the original! Chamberlain is doing well at the moment. I'll do my best in getting us trophy's. Update soon.

loving this so far hopefully you can win the league for arry

Hey Guys... Am fuming as someone has copied my idea on another forum going as far to Copy my threads... this is the original! Chamberlain is doing well at the moment. I'll do my best in getting us trophy's. Update soon.

Mate i've seen practically the same on this very forum, someone practically copying my story!

Just get past it mate, you have great stories.

Tottenham Sign Yet Another English Starlet

Saturday 28th August 2010

28228.png

Jamie Redknapp has today signed yet another English talent. This time he has signed Sunderland's exciting midfielder Jordan Henderson.

Henderson who has impressed so far for Sunderland this season was the subject of much speculation with a few top flight teams suposedly interested in purchasing him. As usual though Jamie Redknapp was the first to make his interest concrete and after many lengthy discussions with Sunderland, he landed his man in a £13,000,000 deal.

Suggestions have arisen over the high transfer fee with many Tottenham fans worried about such a high amount being spend on a relatively untested player in the league. Jamie Redknapp was quick to answer the worried fans stating that Henderson has been on his radar for a while now and that his potential reminds him of what a young Steven Gerrard's was like at that age.

Sunderland-midfielder-Jor-006.jpg

Jordan Henderson
also commented on his transfer and addressed the fans issues aswell. He told journalists that although he feels a slight pressure to perform for his new club due to his sizeable transfer fee, he want's to impress the Spurs faithful and give them something to cheer about on matchdays.

The 20 year old midfielder will now have a battle on his hands to try and stake a place in the Tottenham midfield with the likes of Rafel Van Der Vaart, Jack Rodwell and Sandro already in contention for a spot.

Great update my Friend. You have a few players now that will shape the potential of the English team.

Tottenham Turn Attentions Back To The Domestic League

Sunday 29th August 2010

View attachment 143883

With Tottenham still on a high from qualifying for the Champions League Group Stages they seemed primed and ready for their match today. The whole squad looked disciplined and eager to face Birmingham in this weekends clash.

With Jamie Redknapp calling for focus from his players he will know all too much how over confidence can act like a poison within a team. The young manager will have definately experienced it in his playing career as teams he has played for have suffered from it.

Tottenham face Birmingham today where they will be hoping for yet another win from this encounter as they been selected as the favourites to claim the 3 point.

Tottenham Win In Goal Bonanza

View attachment 143887
Sunday 29th August 2010
Premier League - Matchday 3
View attachment 143882Tottenham 5 - 4 BirminghamView attachment 143881
Aaron Lennon (10), Peter Crouch (12), Ryan Shawcross (18, 37), Jermain Defoe (45+1), Shane Long (26), Nikola Zigic (65, 82), Jean Beausejour (89)

Gomes

V Corluka - R Shawcross - S Bassong - Ekotto

A Lennon - J Rodwell - J Henderson - G Bale

J Defoe - P Crouch

_42639715_defoe416.jpg

A game which showed just how important it is to defend, something niether team did well all game. With this goal bonanza becoming none other than a shooting excersise for both teams, both manager will be fuming about their teams defensive frailties. Tottenham who looked to be running away with the game at half time were 5-1 up, with goals from Lennon, Crouch, Defoe and 2 from Shawcross who played extremely well. He scored his first goal from a corner and his second goal heading in well from a deep freekick which was taken by new boy Henderson. Birmingham however came out like a different team after the interval and shocked the Spurs team by dominating possession for practically the whole second half. Nikola Zigic was prowling up front and nicked 2 goals beating Gomes with chip and then with a good rounding effort. Unluckily for the Brummies time just wasn't on their side and Tottenham escaped with the 3 points.

We Could Have Beaten Spurs!

After watching his side eclipsed out of the win today against Tottenham, Birmingham manager Alex McLeish spoke to the press. He sounded disheartned but explained that after a match of such high magnitude it had left him feeling gutted to walk away without even a point.

_44603645_mcleish512.jpg

Big Eck went on to say that his team had all the qualities to beat Spurs today but were just too attacking minded in the first half. Mcleish watched his team battle back in the second half and revealed that he spoke about pride and passion at half time suggesting to the players that they think of something to gee themselves up in the second half. What happened though is something Mcleish honestly admitted he didn't expect to see. He added that he never thought his team would bring the match back to within just a goal and that the second half performance could be something his team could be proud of.

wow, good game against the Brum

Which forums was this on mate? Seriously, some one just copied and pasted?

Champions League Draw 2010 - 2011

Monday 30th August 2010

View attachment 143954

Today is the long awaited draw of the Champions League Group Stages. The many managers of Europe's elite clubs will be keeping a firm eye on who their teams are drawn with.

The competition is the Holy Grail for every team out there as it pits the best teams in Europe against each other. Last years winners Inter Milan and favourites for this year Barcelona are two team that all the other teams will want to avoid. Real Madrid, Man Utd, and Bayern Munich are some of the other teams who usually have a good record in the competition and could cause any other team problems.

champions-league-draw-460-821580863.jpg

View attachment 143955GROUP A:
View attachment 143942Rosenborg
View attachment 143920Real Madrid
View attachment 143915Chelsea
View attachment 143943Anderlecht

A group which should see the might of Real Madrid and Chelsea go through to the next round but Anderlecht could prove a tricky team to beat but will probably end up in the Europa League spot.

View attachment 143955Group B:
View attachment 143945Spartak Moscow
View attachment 143919Barcelona
View attachment 143944 FC Salzburg
View attachment 143924Roma

Barcelona are paired with Roma who cpuld cause them problems but have been put in a group which they should easily end up top in. Spartak will most likey enter the Europa League ending up in third.
View attachment 143955Group C:
View attachment 143935Schalke
View attachment 143916Arsenal
View attachment 143946Rubin
View attachment 143947Shakhtar

Arsenal should finish off top in thsi group but will be handed tough ties against Schalke and Shakhtar who are two of Europe's most improving sides. Rubin should be dispatched off easily and will most likely find themselves botton of the pile.

View attachment 143955Group D:
View attachment 143948Sparta Prague
View attachment 143949Fenerbahce
View attachment 143925Inter Milan
View attachment 143950Lyon

Reigning champs Inter Milan will find a tricky Lyon their most challenging opponents in this game they should sweep Sparta Prague and Fenerbahce aside who will battle it out for third place.

View attachment 143955Group E:
View attachment 143953 FC Twente
View attachment 143917Man Utd
View attachment 143951Benfica
View attachment 143952Rangers

Man Utd have been given a tough group and will find the games against Benfica a big challenge. Rangers will also be a tough team to play as they fight to rech the next stages of the competition too,

View attachment 143955Group F:
View attachment 143932 CFR Cluj
View attachment 143918Tottenham
View attachment 143922Sevilla
View attachment 143927Zenit

Tottenham find themselves in a precarious position as they face daunting tasks of facing Zenit and Sevilla. All three clubs will be aiming to top the group with one claiming the third spot. Cluj most probably have no chance.

View attachment 143955Group G:
View attachment 143933Bursaspor
View attachment 143934FC Bayern
View attachment 143936OM
View attachment 143937Basel

FC Bayern have an easy group with only OM to worry about. Inexperienced basel and Bursaspor will be left fighting for third as the German and French team qualify through to the next round.

View attachment 143955Group H:
View attachment 143940AJ Auxerre
View attachment 143926A.C. Milan
View attachment 143923Valencia
View attachment 143941Panathinaikos

Milan and Valencia will be favourites to qualify but have tricky French side Auxerre to deal with. This group could be see a suprise but Milan and Valencia should sail through to the next stage.

With the Champions League group stages draw now completed it will be left to the fans and media sources to speculate about who will progress and who will be left reeling in third and fourth place.

Jamie Redknapp has conceded that Tottenham face a tough draw but hopes his side have it in them to progress to the next round. he has highlighted the trips to Sevilla and Zenit as group winning matches.

Last edited:
You should qualify from your group....Cluj might be tricky away but your only real test should be Seville...Maybe Zenit away as well....But you should qualify lol

Good updates buddy should be a easy champions league qualification there :) you'll beat zenit and sevilla easy!! :D

Transfer Deadline Day Signing

Tuesday 31st August

28228.png

Jamie Redknapp has managed to just squeeze in one more transfer before the transfer window slammed shut. Redknapp had been mulling over the potential signing of Patrick Herrmann but eventually went in with an offer for the young German.

Gladbach accepted a £5,000,000 offer before quickly getting their youngster on a plane to London. When Herrmann arrived it was late on in the evening and doubts were starting to be cast whether the deal could be done before the end of the transfer window. Luckily it was struck leaving Herrmann to perform his medical which he passed with flying colours.

439x.jpg

Herrman joins on a 4 year deal and will most likely feature on a bit part basis and be tutored by a more experienced player. Herrmann who looks to be a promising asset for the club will be hoping he can impress when given the opportunity.

He can play on the right wing or up front and has a good eye for goal. He could perhaps be a future top goalscorer for Spurs.

Redknapp has stated that he see's the youngster as one of Europe's top prospects and that he is extremely happy with all his transfers made. He now want's the club to progress on through the season and enjoy playing in the Champions League.

Last edited: