#THFC
Reaction score
Tottenham_Hotspur_logo.png
liverpool-logo.png

Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

Form
Tottenham: LDWWW
Liverpool: WWDLW

Both clubs have 3 wins, a draw and a loss from their previous 5 games, making this match perfectly poised for one club to take control of the race for 4th, and the other a chance to get straight back into it.

Tottenham are no longer a bunch of 'mugs', according to Roy Hodgson, and the Liverpool boss is well aware of the huge challenge that awaits at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

The Anfield manager has delivered a glowing assessment of Spurs ahead of the weekend, with the Reds having been replaced by their hosts as one of the Premier League's top four.

Harry Redknapp has performed an incredible job in North London to ensure that his club's success in the past 18 months has been in stark contrast to fallen giants Liverpool.

Spurs are flying high on the back of another impressive home win in the UEFA Champions League, this time against Werder Bremen to ensure a place in the competition's knockout stages, and their dramatic turnaround against Arsenal.

Confidence

Redknapp's men therefore enjoy an unusual status as favourites to defeat the 18-time top-flight champions, but Hodgson, who was appointed in the summer in a bid to restore fortunes, has hopes of following Bolton in taking advantage of Spurs' European hangover.

Liverpool are poor travellers, but their overall record currently stands at one defeat in eight matches in all competitions to mark something of a recovery and build some renewed confidence.

Jermain Defoe could return to Tottenham's starting XI after he came on during the 3-0 win over Werder Bremen, while Redknapp has said that Rafael van der Vaart has a 50-50 chance of playing after sitting out in midweek.

Michael Dawson was expected to return to training on Friday after a knee injury, but is still at least two weeks away from first-team football, while Ledley King is still recovering from his groin complaint.

Gerrard absence

But Jermaine Jenas limped off after 20 minutes during the victory over Bremen and requires a scan on his calf and Tom Huddlestone is still unavailable.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is still missing with the hamstring strain he sustained during England's friendly defeat to France.

But Lucas Leiva is available again after serving a one-match suspension for his red card in the defeat at Stoke.

Joe Cole could return for Liverpool after his hamstring injury and could face the team he almost joined in the summer and former manager at West Ham, Redknapp.

Possible starting XIs

Tottenham: Gomes, Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Palacios, Modric, Bale, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Konchesky, Maxi, Lucas, Cole, Meireles, Kuyt, Torres.

SkySports.com prediction: 1-1
SKY BET odds: Tottenham 11/10, Draw 12/5, Liverpool 12/5
One to Watch: Gareth Bale

I personally think it'll be Tottenham 2 - 1 Liverpool.

Tottenham 3-1 Liverpool.
Bale, VDV, Defoe - Torres.

I reckon Tottenham for this one, they are impressing me every time I see them

Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool

Modric, Defoe Torres

This match is going to show that who is better in the thread called Liverpool or Tottenham :D
3 - 3 Bale (2), Defoe - Torres (3)

Hopefully this will be a good game of football.

Spurs to win it 2-1.

We're firmly planted on Earth at the moment, lying in 6th.

some people are, some people are getting carried away far to much thinking your going to win the league, champions league etc,

is a hard match to call to be honest as i dont mind Spurs and i can't stand Liverpool but i can't see anything other than a draw.

I think the game against Liverpool is going to show that yet again we are inconsistent after a few good wins. I think we will lose this one.

1-2 liverpool, Spurs to show they are annoyingly inconsistent

Oh sure, incosistent... We've probably losing the last matches because of accumulated fatigue.

We're ****. 2-0 Spurs. Only hope is Merieles is played in CM, then he could very well conduct the whole game. But idiot Roy will play him RW.

I feel that this is a must win game for Spurs.

With Liverpool closing in on us and the top 4, and considering City have just slipped up at Stoke, we really need a win.

I think that we can really get at Liverpool with our wingers, as Glen Johnson is a very attacking right back and is very poor defensively, Bale could have a field day, and if/when they double up on Bale, that will only leave Lennon 1 on 1. Which ultimately will be too much for Liverpool to handle.

Going for a 2-1 Win.

(Crouch, Bale) ( Maxi)

Back