• Replies Replies 207
  • Views Views 8K
so spurs defenders probably :

Hutton--Kaboul--Bassong/Gallas--Assou Ekotto

can Torres handle them?

can Torres handle them?

If Torres is playing at his best he can take on any defensive line.

However, he's not been at his best has looked deadly in the last few games so it'll be pretty interesting to see what happens.

can Torres handle them?

Hutton Gallas Kaboul Assou Ekotto

I reckon with Torres, N'gog we can get at them. Kuyt and Maxi both track and could run all day, keeping Lennon & Bale possibly quiet.

Pretty sure we'll line up as:

Gomes
Hutton Kaboul Gallas BAE
Lennon Palacios Modric Bale
Crouch/Pavlyuchenko Defoe​

Can't call it between Crouch and Pavlyuchenko personally.

Teams;

Tottenham: Gomes, Hutton, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Palacios, Modric, Bale, Van der Vaart, Crouch.
Subs: Cudicini, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, Bassong, Kranjcar, Corluka, Sandro.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Konchesky, Kuyt, Meireles, Lucas, Maxi, Torres, Ngog.
Subs: Jones, Aurelio, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Babel, Poulsen, Shelvey

Pretty sure we'll line up as:

Gomes
Hutton Kaboul Gallas BAE
Crouch/Pavlyuchenko Defoe​

Can't call it between Crouch and Pavlyuchenko personally.

Gomes
Hutton Kaboul Gallas Ekotto
Crouch Van Der Vaart.

It is.

Interesting, so VDV passed his late fitness test.

Still, I didn't expect him to start so soon. Should be a good midfield battle today then.

Interesting, so VDV passed his late fitness test.

Still, I didn't expect him to start so soon. Should be a good midfield battle today then.

Little defense in Spurs' team really. Palacios will be the one to, I'd guess. We certainly can get at Spurs today, not the strongest defense, and no real DM's at all.

Palacios is as capable as any of adding some real bite to a midfield when he's playing well.

I'll just hope he plays like he did against Bremen, and we might be able to stifle you.

Little defense in Spurs' team really. Palacios will be the one to, I'd guess. We certainly can get at Spurs today, not the strongest defense, and no real DM's at all.

Could say the same about Liverpool really.

Lucas and Meireles are hardly defensive midfielders, and Kuyt and Maxi are both much better offensively than defensively. Fairly even in the sense of mentality in the Starting XI, it just depends on how the managers will set them out.

Spurs 6 - 0 Liverpool

Bale and VDV getting 3 goals each.

All assists by Crouch.

I think we are going to get wanked on.

Lucas is going to playyyy im so excited :D.Hopefully he wont ruined the game.

I'm sure Hodgson will park the bus ( again ) as he's totally at a loss re: a plan B when playing against any team he that regards as dangerous ( virtually every team ). As this defensive away system he uses is frankly lousy ( eg: Stoke ) & rarely keeps out the opposition, I fear the worst.

Unfortunately we will have to suffer days like this in order to see the back of good old Woy. May that day come soon.

Could say the same about Liverpool really.

Lucas and Meireles are hardly defensive midfielders, and Kuyt and Maxi are both much better offensively than defensively. Fairly even in the sense of mentality in the Starting XI, it just depends on how the managers will set them out.

Urm...ever seen Liverpool play?!

Ay ay... VDV off the field. Reckon he won't play a part in this match anymore.

Defoe coming on?

Back