Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool [16:00 - 28/11/10]

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 207
  • Views Views 8K
Spurs 1-2 Reds Bale Torres Ngog

Think Bale might meet a match here with Kuyt. Kuyt will be running at him all day, hopefully.

I feel that this is a must win game for Spurs.

With Liverpool closing in on us and the top 4, and considering City have just slipped up at Stoke, we really need a win.

I think that we can really get at Liverpool with our wingers, as Glen Johnson is a very attacking right back and is very poor defensively, Bale could have a field day, and if/when they double up on Bale, that will only leave Lennon 1 on 1. Which ultimately will be too much for Liverpool to handle.

Going for a 2-1 Win.

(Crouch, Bale) ( Maxi)
Johnson looked regenerated last weekend, and his defensive side is not as bad as people make out. My only hope is that Johnson is used as a right winger, and Kelly gets a chance at RB.
Kuyt will be tracking back at Bale, at least. He'll give him a run for his money.

Spurs 1 - 2 Liverpool
Torres, Torres, Carragher.

hate to say this but Liverpool always seem to pull great performances out of nowhere so I'd expect another tomorrow
Spurs 1 - 3 Liverpool

Carragher to score an own goal?

We're ****. 2-0 Spurs. Only hope is Merieles is played in CM, then he could very well conduct the whole game. But idiot Roy will play him RW.

Mr.Hodgson had a revelation last week which he shared with his close friends in the national dailies. I can't recall the exact quotes, but the main thrust of his comments went like this:

"Anyone for another Werther's Original? No? Ok lads, here's my latest tactical ruminations as LMA manager of the year.

I've come to the conclusion that the Portugese winger Merieles might actually be better suited to playing in the middle. Takes a tactical genius to see that in a player, but I've been watching him for over a decade now and it came to me last night whilst I was watching him play for the Portugese national team that central midfield would be ideal for him. Just a hunch. Mind you, will be a shame for him not to touch the ball for 90 minutes but if the ball does drop down in midfield for him, I reckon he can hit the corner flag with a lot more regularity than Carra. Not wanting to talk about my away record with clubs for thirty years again today sorry lads - I'm still as clueless about that as I was yesterday, last week, last month, last year and three decades ago. Might be that curse the gypsy placed upon me when I ran over her foot with my bike during the war. Never can tell. A draw away from home these days is a good result anyway - tictacs of the opposition and home field advantage. Even my close friend Lord Sir His Majesty Alex Ferguson only wins once or twice a week away from home, and I'm nowhere near as good at this management game as him so once or twice a season has to be taken in that context.

New signings in January? Well, you know I said it was Rafa Benitez' fault that we couldn't win because he signed useless players? Well that was said because I needed a scapegoat and was hoping to get a transfer budget in January. Seems like I won't get to sign more players of the calibre and skill and outstanding ability of Poulsen and Konchesky come January, so I'd like to go on record as saying that this is the best squad I've ever managed and don't need any more players. Of course, with most of the top talent in the squad now wanting out, I'll probably be asking for permission to bring in Bent. We need an English striker of quality to get onto the superb through balls being fashioned from the back. That one signing will guarantee the mid-table mediocrity I guaranteed for the club back when I came in, and you can't say fairer than that."

Tottenham v Liverpool

Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's game between Tottenham and Liverpool in the Premier League.

More...

Liverpool team's promising.
Reina
Johnson Carra Skrtel Konchesky (/facepalm)
Maxi Lucas MERIELES Kuyt
N'gog Torres.

Spurs 1 - 3 Liverpool

Bale
-----
Torres
Kuyt
N'Gog

Back