Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool [16:00 - 28/11/10]

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 207
  • Views Views 8K
i agree with the referee having an abysmal game, however i also believe tottenham were the better team regardless. Torres was barely in the game. I was impressed by merieles

Didn't exactly play badly, well played to Roy for trying to attacking football.

Ref was completely against us, wasn't even funny.

But fair play to Spurs, was a good game.

Torres was so agonizingly slow, it's painful to even watch. I guess he's either not fully recovered or this is the best he can do. Did you see the way he walked away from the Defoe penalty, almost as if to say, "I don't care anymore."?

What else can I say? Something needs to give. The logical choice would be to sack Roy before January, before he has the chance to bring in more "Poulsens" and "Koncheskys". But that wouldn't solve all our problems.

Last edited:
Imo Torres hasn't been the same since he got his haircut. Ofcourse there is fitness and confidence issues. However since he has been having his hair cut since he first arrived the goals have gone down in quantity.

We've rescued so many points from losing positions this season.

Top of the comeback table indeed.

I reckon spurs we're slightly luck to get a win. On balance it deserved a draw, but I guess it shows you have to take your chances to win

A negative about our great comeback record is the annoying fact we've not kept a clean sheet in a run of 15 Premier League games now.

That is really appauling.

even worse news, Carra is out with dislocated shoulder and Liverpool v Man Utd in FA Cup 3rd Round.

Newcastle away to Stevenage, that brings back bad memories.....

A negative about our great comeback record is the annoying fact we've not kept a clean sheet in a run of 15 Premier League games now.

That is really appauling.
Its always going to be difficult with number of injuries in your back line though, though some dodgy individual defending hasnt helped

Imo Torres hasn't been the same since he got his haircut. Ofcourse there is fitness and confidence issues. However since he has been having his hair cut since he first arrived the goals have gone down in quantity.
I think we have more pressing matters right now than Torres' hair. :P

What I want to know is, when is NESV going to finally do something about our managerial woes? They immediately sacked the first Red Sox coach after their takeover because he was hardly getting positive results. They should employ a similar tactic here. I mean, c'mon, 4 months is more than enough already. It's time to make drastic changes. Time for an overhaul before we sink to the bottom again.

didnt say but dislocated shoulder maybe 4 - 6 weeks?

And in response to all the sack Roy comments, i don't particularly care, however, i'm sure most liverpool fans were singing about being on the way back up after the chelsea result.

Its always going to be difficult with number of injuries in your back line though, though some dodgy individual defending hasnt helped

As someone said earlier in this thread, the fact we have King, Woodgate, Dawson and now Kaboul out and we're still able to field Bassong and Gallas (two senior CBs) is testament to how well endowed in that area we are.

Unfortunately though, we really are down to the bare bones of our defensive options.

To recap, our unavailable players are:

King, Woodgate, Dawson, Kaboul, Huddlestone, VDV, Jenas and Keane.

Shocking really, considering most of those are starters.

eFusion, look at adebayor as well, remember Samson ? The bibles version of the incredible hulk? Maybe Torres should be dropped to the reserves, fact is giving him a guaranteed first place when he playing so bad isn't going to get him to work harder.

I don't know why we began to sit back after the first goal, since when has a 1 goal lead been enough? Tottenham are on hot form and they did well again today, Hodgson has confirmed its a dislocated shoulder, just what we need!

As someone said earlier in this thread, the fact we have King, Woodgate, Dawson and now Kaboul out and we're still able to field Bassong and Gallas (two senior CBs) is testament to how well endowed in that area we are.

Unfortunately though, we really are down to the bare bones of our defensive options.

To recap, our unavailable players are:

King, Woodgate, Dawson, Kaboul, Huddlestone, VDV, Jenas and Keane.

Shocking really, considering most of those are starters.
shows the depth of spurs squad that you still able to get the results.

How long is kaboul out for?

Unconfirmed I believe. Haven't watched the post-match interview yet though, so not sure if he said anything about it.

I'm concerned about him, as he has been outstanding for us lately.

eFusion, look at adebayor as well, remember Samson ? The bibles version of the incredible hulk? Maybe Torres should be dropped to the reserves, fact is giving him a guaranteed first place when he playing so bad isn't going to get him to work harder.
Dropping Torres in the reserves would almost certainly confirm him leaving in January. But you know what, I'm not worried about that anymore. If he wants to leave, he can leave. No player is more important than the club. We won the Champions League in 2005 without a "Torres" on our side. Players, good or bad, come and go. But the club remains.

Dropping Torres in the reserves would almost certainly confirm him leaving in January. But you know what, I'm not worried about that anymore. If he wants to leave, he can leave. No player is more important than the club. We won the Champions League in 2005 without a "Torres" on our side. Players, good or bad, come and go. But the club remains.

Torres' heart isn't in it, hasn't been for two years now. Much rather us sell him and buy Llorente and another striker.

Torres' heart isn't in it, hasn't been for two years now. Much rather us sell him and buy Llorente and another striker.

Would Llorente come though? And how much change would you get out of the deal for Torres and Llorente, possibly five mil? I'm not seeing Llorente going for much less than 15 million, and Torres perhaps 20?

Uh-oh, you said Torres for 20 million.

Hope your clothes are flame-retardant.

Back