Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City [1:30pm - 28/08/11]

Mancini has done excellent work, but that was achieved on the base of Hughes work, something Mancini himself acknowledged when he took over. Neither Hughes or Mancini have got on with Cook

Obivously knows nothing about supporting a club properly. didn't realise that managing Blackburn makes him unkown. Jesus wept

And making them very solid team. No wonder once he left they went downhill.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Mancini has done excellent work, but that was achieved on the base of Hughes work, something Mancini himself acknowledged when he took over. Neither Hughes or Mancini have got on with Cook

This is exactly what I was saying. Hughes had to sign those players to make a step up. Once they made, Mancini was able to sign better players and the players Hughes signed were no longer useful for them as they were not good enough to push for title challenge.

Hughes also brought you Tevez, Given, players whose previous work helped put you in the position have today

And to call Hughes unknown...

All of them isn't Hughes signings. City have others who choose the players aswell. But RSC is his to blame...it's clear that he wanted his Blackburn favourite to City but that turned out to be one of the biggest wastes in the history of football.

Kompany, As Mancini said in a interview, he was interested in him when he was at Inter. Mancini would have brought him too.

Tevez. You can splash 200m and 1-2 will turn out to be value for money. Even for a bad manager.

Milner? I know he isn't exactly a Mancini buy. Same with Johnson. Mancini doesn't really buy those english players. It's Marwood. Mancini just choose them from the list of homegrown targets". To fill the homegrown quota.

Milner was good against Bolton. He can be a good player for City but there are too many top players ahead of him. He will play every 2 games. And he will be needed more when the cup competitions start. Same with those outside the starting line-up.

If I was Redknapp I'd take the money for Modric now and strengthen the squad. Get a striker for goodness sake Harry

Redknapp is getting example from Wenger.

What do we need? We've been hammered, it's a shame. I doubt Adebayor would have done something if he would have played in the match. I really can't find the reason we cannot repeat the performances we had two years ago.

Hughes had made some of our best signings, but he is a mid table manager who imo played mid table football, 4-4-2 with a target man and wingers, we didnt really have a creative midfielder like we now do with silva and nasri, he chose to play Barry and De Jong instead. Getting Mancini in has not been a mistake, he won us a trophy and he got us into the champions league and built the best side we've had since the late 60s/early 70s, in my opinion not one of mancini's signings would have joined under Hughes, possibly Milner. But in Mark's defence he made some of our best signings (Kompany, Zabaleta, De Jong, Tevez).

We played really well today and dzeko was superb, anyone who doubted him is properly eating their words. When i was over in the summer i saw a few reporters on sky sports saying he would not score many, shows how little they know about football, he could prove to be the best signing mancini has made. Spurs didnt even play that badly, they were just overwhelmed at the back by the superb attack we now have, in my opinion its one of the best attacks in the world. Kompany as usual was solid and for me is the joint best cb in the league with Nemanja Vidic. Barry is also impressing me this year and is proving to be more under rated than people think, even if he doesnt stand out hes always doing the dirty work no one else wants to do.

On the subject of Tevez i am hoping he leaves, he is too selfish for this sytem and with aguero and dzeko we seem to link up much better than we ever did with tevez. I think Aguero and Dzeko compliment each other perfectly. Nasri looked very sharp and i have to thank arsenal for giving us another beast, you are our feeder club (joke) ;) . Im still annoyed at people saying he moved for money, the commentator on the american channel (says a lot) said it and arsenal fans agree with him. We finished higher in the league last year and actually won a trophy, and imo we will finish higher this year and get further in the champions league.

Its quite funny looking at our bench and seeing how good it is, if anyone gets injured we have a class replacement for them, or if necessary we can just switch the system, like we have done since de jong has been injured, changing from 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2

Man City XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Barry, Toure, Nasri, Aguero, Silva, Dzeko.

2 very attacking line-ups but Spurs lost only once at home last season.

But it will be a draw IMO, or a narrow win for Spurs or if Mancini gets it tactically spot on, a narrow City win.

You can see Mancini is going all out....with a nothing to lose attitude.

My thoughts exactly, now look :'(

If we never got mauled by Utd i would have posted in here loling at Spurs, but i cant as were were even worse ! :(