Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City [1:30pm - 28/08/11]

City and United are the two favourites for me, both look **** hot.

Can't wait for all the hypocrites to show themself on MOTD/ESPN/Sky about Dzeko. In my opinion City will win the title and are my choice for CL. Their depth of quality is just immense, with all due respect to other challenger's of course. Savic is one of my favourites, every sub app he's looked good. Tight marker, strong challenger and a good reader of the game.

Still going for Utd to keep the title, but City to finish 2nd. Long way to go, and no doubt injuries will play their part

Unless United sign a mid I can't see them going the distance. If Anderson/Cleverley go down they would be in trouble. If United sign a central mid then race on but I'm sticking to my pre season pick Man City.

Unless United sign a mid I can't see them going the distance. If Anderson/Cleverley go down they would be in trouble. If United sign a central mid then race on but I'm sticking to my pre season pick Man City.

I fully expect the remainder of the transfer window to go mental on Utd side lol

****...Dzeko is good. Tevez, WHO?

Mancini has been slagged off so much and IMO, unfairly. He has brought in the right players. Now i see why he brought Dzeko....probably the best BIG striker in the world atm.

The "wasteland" reputation is Hughes fault. If City just had sacked him at the start...and broguht in Mancini. Ohh..just if!!!!

Mancini has been slagged off so much and IMO, unfairly. He has brought in the rioght players. Now i see why he brought Dzeko....probably the best BIG striker in the world atm.

The "wasteland" reputation is Hughes fault. If City just had sacked him at the start...and broguht in Mancini. Ohh..just if!!!!

Nope, that title belongs to Edison Cavani, but Dzeko isnt far off, espeicially if he keeps it up. The wasteland rep belongs to Cook, not Hughes. City would be in even better position without him

Mancini has been slagged off so much and IMO, unfairly. He has brought in the right players. Now i see why he brought Dzeko....probably the best BIG striker in the world atm.

Hughes is not a bad manager. He was treated like ****. simple as.

We have enough for the league, not sure we have enough for the CL

Nope, that title belongs to Edison Cavani, but Dzeko isnt far off, espeicially if he keeps it up. The wasteland rep belongs to Cook, not Hughes. City would be in even better position without him

Him for giving the huge contracts. Hughes for signing his favourite from Blackburn..******* Santa Cruz! And Bridge etc....Mancini would have NEVER brought in those.

People say: "I hate Citys attitude, buying the next shiny toy and changing striker every year" etc.....

But Mancini rightly did so. He is cleaning Hughes and Cooks mess and it's almoste complete.

Tell you what, Nasri looked hugry. He's looking like a bargain for his price. 3 assists on debut...Wow. United/Chelsea are looking for a creative mid and City have 2 in Nasri/Silva. It's genuinely scary, CFC and MUFC need a creative mid by Wednesday otherwise they'll be in trouble.

Drogba > Cavani and Dzeko. Still we have Ibra who is a big lad.

Him for giving the huge contracts. Hughes for signing his favourite from Blackburn..******* Santa Cruz! And Bridge etc....Mancini would have NEVER brought in those.

People say: "I hate Citys attitude, buying the next shiny toy and changing striker every year" etc.....

But Mancini rightly did so. He is cleaning Hughes and Cooks mess and it's almoste complete.

Hughes started the right work, building up. Remember you had money, but no pull whatsover apart from that. Cook is the one who went crazy with the Kaka talk and the signs in manchester. Hughes had his flaws, but its grossly unfair to blame him, or play down his work

Hughes is not a bad manager. He was treated like ****. simple as.

Bullshit. Cook gave the big contracts but Hughes chose the players. Who do you think came with the idea to buy Santa Cruz? Wayne Bridge etc...????

Hughes isn't a bad manager. He just isn't good enough for Citys ambition. Sacking him and replacing him with Mancini is the best decision City has made since the takeover.

Tell you what, Nasri looked hugry. He's looking like a bargain for his price. 3 assists on debut...Wow. United/Chelsea are looking for a creative mid and City have 2 in Nasri/Silva. It's genuinely scary, CFC and MUFC need a creative mid by Wednesday otherwise they'll be in trouble.
Cant speak for CFC, but we have creative wingers, and one of the most creative 10's in the world. As long as the central mids are intelligent passers (which we have a good number of) its not that much an issue. Wouldnt pass up a playmaker though

Let's not get too excited about Dzeko just yet.

Admittedly, he was good today, very good, but Berbatov scored about 7 goals in 4 games last season, did he not?

He went off the boil a bit, so I guess we'll see if the same happens this time with Edin. I admittedly believe he'll do well throughout the season, but we ought to bide our time before getting overexcited.