Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City [1:30pm - 28/08/11]

He also bought average players for a ton of money.

But the work had started after he was responsible for getting them a 6th place finish-and Cook saying (and I quote) "they were right on target for where they want to be". Cook was an ****

He also bought average players for a ton of money.

They were like Malaga, had all the money but no pull. So Hughes had to pay over the odds to get players who can make them challenge for top 4.

No way Mancini could have signed Yaya, Silva when Sheik just took over.,

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Why has Cook suddently started buying only good players right after Mancini was signed then??

Champions league and also City are genuine contenders.

& agree with hughes / **** comparison.

i mean, he couldnt bring world class players as mancini is doing now at that time, but he wastly overpayed those who he bringed in.
and yes, im all for spending. if someone remembers, chelsea did exact same thing not so long ago.

They were like Malaga, had all the money but no pull. So Hughes had to pay over the odds to get players who can make them challenge for top 4.

No way Mancini could have signed Yaya, Silva when Sheik just took over.,

You're right, he couldn't. But I could think of a lot better players than Bridge, Jo and Milner and Barry (though they have been good so far this season, I will give them that) etc for less prices

Why has Cook suddently started buying only good players right after Mancini was signed then??

You know they had little pull initally? City managers dont set the fees or wages, that is Cook's job

BBC - Phil McNulty: Hughes harshly treated by Man City

I remember this, and to me it speaks volumes about the way he was treated.

Other managers (Owen Coyle in particular) said the same thing. If City are 6th by Xmas, can we expect Mancini to get sacked? The board operate via knee jerk decisions sometimes, and its ludicrous. Too many clubs have started to do it. They want too much too fast sometimes (not just City-referring to some other clubs too), and it really boils my ****.

Last edited:
You're right, he couldn't. But I could think of a lot better players than Bridge, Jo and Milner and Barry (though they have been good so far this season, I will give them that) etc for less prices

Jo was not signed by Hughes. Bridge was not that bad when he was signed.

Milner had a very good season. Also Mancini signed him isn't it.

DIJAAAAMANTUUUU.... lol
[video=youtube;hy3lBnSQGrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy3lBnSQGrA[/video]
Tribute for Dzeko XD

Best big man in world football at this very minute is Mario Gomez, he got a hat trick this weekend as well. Dzeko is getting there, Tevez wont even get in this team at the minute. Deepest and best squad in world football in my opinion, only rivalled by Real Madrid. They are brilliant for the Premier League, without the Sheikh I doubt we would have Aguero, Silva, Dzeko, Tevez etc in the PL.

You know they had little pull initally? City managers dont set the fees or wages, that is Cook's job

Yes, but he still bought **** players. Santa Cruz would have been a bad investment with 5m and 20k/a week wages. Same with Bridge.

Mancini has MUCH more pull than Hughes aswell. He has reputation and is respected in the game and won trophies with Inter. Foreign players know him well...in britain he might be more unkown. Not anymore lol...:D

While Hughes was an unkown welsh manager. I bet someone like Aguero wouldn't have signed this season if there was Hughes in charge still.

Jo was not signed by Hughes. Bridge was not that bad when he was signed.

Milner had a very good season. Also Mancini signed him isn't it.

I stand corrected on Milner, but I could mention other names if I had to. Also, Bridge was bad. Oh, and Jo WAS signed by Hughes.

Last edited:
Yes, but he still bought **** players. Santa Cruz would have been a bad investment with 5m and 20k/a week wages. Same with Bridge.

Mancini has MUCH more pull than Hughes aswell. He has reputation and is respected in the game and won trophies with Inter. Foreign players know him well...in britain he might be more unkown. Not anymore lol...:D

While Hughes was an unkown welsh manager. I bet someone like Aguero wouldn't have signed this season if there was Hughes in charge still.

Hughes also brought you Tevez, Given, players whose previous work helped put you in the position have today

And to call Hughes unknown...

Not surprised that you know little about Hughes.

One of the best ever strikers to play for Manchester United. Played for Barca then again for ManUtd. He was class.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Hughes also brought you Tevez, Given, players whose previous work helped put you in the position have today

Milner was signed by Mancini. He signed Kompany. Nuff said.

Santa Cruz signing made sense at the time, he tore teams apart at BRFC.

I stand corrected, but I could mention other names if I had to. Also, Bridge was bad.

Yeah, but they didn't have the luxury to lure away top stars back then. Had they made top 4 under Hughes he could have signed top foreign talents. Players he signed were key for City to make the step up.

Not surprised that you know little about Hughes.

One of the best ever strikers to play for Manchester United. Played for Barca then again for ManUtd. He was class.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Milner was signed by Mancini. He signed Kompany. Nuff said.

How could i forget Kompany?

Yeah, almost all of Citys team would be playing in some other league right now. Probably..

I mean, sheikh turned ****** team into world class team, you got to give him that.
And i wouldnt go so far to name Gomez best target man in the world. When Dzeko played in Bundesliga, Gomez was largely deemed flop. And ofcourse, there is one more bosnian, sweden, whatever who holds that title. Ibracadabra.

And to call Hughes unknown...

Obivously knows nothing about supporting a club properly. didn't realise that managing Blackburn makes him unkown. Jesus wept