#THFC
Reaction score
Tottenham-Hotspur-logo.png
manchester_united_badge_old_logo.png

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United
White Hart Lane

Sky Sports said:
Team news

Tottenham could welcome William Gallas back into their plans on Sunday, with the Frenchman having shaken off a hamstring complaint.

Robbie Keane, who continues to be linked with a move elsewhere, is also expected to be in contention following a hamstring problem of his own.

Tom Huddlestone is still a few weeks away from a return as he nurses an ankle knock, while Ledley King (groin), Jamie O'Hara (back) and Jonathan Woodgate (groin) will also be unavailable.

Manchester United will have Wayne Rooney back in their plans at White Hart Lane, with the striker fit again following an ankle injury which has kept him out of the club's last two fixtures.

John O'Shea is a slight doubt with a calf problem, but Paul Scholes is over a groin injury and could return

Antonio Valencia remains sidelined with the badly broken ankle he suffered earlier in the season, but may be ready for a first-team recall in February.

'Possible' starting XIs

Tottenham: Gomes, Hutton, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Modric, Palacios, Bale, Van der Vaart, Crouch.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Berbatov, Rooney.

I think we'll either lose this one, or draw. We never beat United, even when things look to be going our way, someone throws a spanner in the works.

I guess I'll be optimistic and say Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 2 Manchester United, but a loss wouldn't surprise me.

P.S. I am well aware I've not used the latest United badge. I prefer the above (old) one.

This will be tougher than recent trips to WHL for Utd and i think they will drop points. If i go with my head i think 1-1 my heart 2-1 to Spurs.

please spurs beat them you are at home

2-1 spurs

Gareth Bale x2
Evra

it's true spurs don't usually get the best of results against Man Utd. I'm going to be hopeful and go for 2-1 spurs

I think I agree with you about a draw but not 2-2 but 1-1, I got to admit I have always had a soft spot for Spurs, I remember the days of the Argentina pair and Hoddle & Waddle, Spurs for me plays football the right way.

Spurs 1-1 Man United

Bale
Fletcher

Spurs 0-0 Man Utd, nothing really between these sides so goal less for me

From Red Review

TRIO COULD RETURN FOR TOTTENHAM CLASH

United are expected to be boosted by the return of three key players for Sunday's league match away to Tottenham Hotspur.
Wayne Rooney, Nemanja Vidic and Edwin van der Sar missed last weekend's FA Cup win over Liverpool, but should be available for the visit to White Hart Lane.

Sir Alex Ferguson revealed at his pre-match press conference: "Wayne and Nemanja have both trained well this week and should be fit for Sunday. Edwin is a little bit behind them, but he should train today and I think he'll be okay.

"We've got a good squad available for a really big game. Both teams have had a week's rest so it should be a really fantastic game."
The Reds face arguably the toughest away trip of 2010/11 so far with Harry Redknapp's side among the genuine contenders in the title race.
"The development of Spurs is an interesting one because I can't remember ever taking United to the Lane with them challenging for the league," pondered Sir Alex.

"That's how their fortunes have changed under Harry and they've got some exciting players. Sunday's game is a big challenge for us. We've got few tough away games in the second half of the season, but you have to get through them."

Tottenham 2-1 Man United
Bale............... Webb/ Clatenburg
VDV

2-0 Utd i think, Berbatov and Wayne to score

Tottenham 1 - 2 Man United

Van Der Vart.... Berbatov
Nani

Expecting a very tough and close game. With big games coming up quick in the second half of the season, it's vital we don't start dropping too many points now. Given our some what indifferent away form this season, I would easily take a point if offered one now though. Tottenham as we all know had a brilliant season last time out and have built on last season success and are now title contenders in my opinion. That is why we need to take 3 points from them Sunday.

Sir Alex usually has a game plan for big games like this and I would be surprised if Sunday is no different. I'm guessing United will line up with 5 in midfield to get in and stop the talent off Bale, Van der Vaart and Modric from playing.

My head is saying a 1-1 draw with plenty of moments to make you jump out of your seats but my heart says 1-0 United, Berbatov to come back rock his former side.

Tottenham 1-2 Manchester United -
Van der Vaart - Rooney, Berbatov.