Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal 02-10-11

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never take Modric out of the centre by choice.

Just a case of accommodating him along side Parker and Sandro, feel that they are an excellent platform to build upon, and Modric would naturally drift in towards the middle, leaving room for Walker to bomb on.

Just a case of accommodating him along side Parker and Sandro, feel that they are an excellent platform to build upon, and Modric would naturally drift in towards the middle, leaving room for Walker to bomb on.

Agree with those 2 in the middle, very very solid and will have plenty of attacking options in front of them when they're winning the ball back. But I think 'arry will start with Parker and Modric centre mid.

Defo go with the 4-4-2 against the ****, they're open at the back and Defoe is playing well.

However, I reckon later in the season, our strongest side could be very different and against United/Chels/City etc, you might not even have VDV or Defoe starting. It would depend on if he wants to go with pure pace or pure quality, Lennon or VDV. Personally I'd love VDV in the 4-2-3-1, just think we'd be a bit open against those top 3 sides in the sense that VDV doesn't stay wide and Lennon does give us that width, even though Walker can bomb on if VDV is in front of him.

Could possibly go with:
Friedel​
Walker King Kaboul BAE
Parker Sandro​
Lennon/VDV Modric Bale
Adebayor​

Last edited:
Agree with those 2 in the middle, very very solid and will have plenty of attacking options in front of them when they're winning the ball back.

Defo go with the 4-4-2 against the ****, they're open at the back and Defoe is playing well. However, I reckon later in the season, our strongest side could be very different and against United/Chels/City etc, you might not even have VDV or Defoe starting? It would depend on if he wants to go with pace or quality, Lennon or VDV. Personally I'd love VDV in the 4-3-2-1, just think we'd be a bit open against those top 3 sides.

Could possibly go with:

Friedel
Walker King Kaboul BAE
Parker Sandro
Lennon/VDV Modric Bale
Adebayor

Yep, Parker and Sandro should start every away game if possible. Keep us solid at the back, and both can attack and play.

Should play this away from home.

Sandro Parker
VDV/Lennon Modric Bale
Adebayor

Starting to build up some confidence now so it's vital we get a minimum of a point from this. How some peoples injuries are will go a long way to deciding if we have a chance of winning this. Confident we can do it though, I'll say 3-2 to us.

Szczesny - Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs - Song, Arteta - Walcott, Ramsey, Gervinho - van Persie

Starting to build up some confidence now so it's vital we get a minimum of a point from this. How some peoples injuries are will go a long way to deciding if we have a chance of winning this. Confident we can do it though, I'll say 3-2 to us.

Szczesny - Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs - Song, Arteta - Walcott, Ramsey, Gervinho - van Persie

Spurs are far better than Olympiciaos (sp) and a better team would have got something off us imo poor defending.

You've beaten Shrewsbury, Bolton and Olympiakos, all at home. Hardly stiff competition.

You've beaten Shrewsbury, Bolton and Olympiakos, all at home. Hardly stiff competition.

Where did he say they were?

Oh right, he didn't, he just said we're building up some confidence, which we are.

Anyway, we'll just concede a shitload of goals and lose this match. Pity really.

Spurs 2-2 Arsenal

Bale
Adebayor

Gervinho
RvP

a 2-1 win for my Arsenal :p

not sure about formation, but will miss u Jack ;(

I do hope we play the 4-4-2 formation for this game, as well as all of our home matches actually.

4-2-3-1 with Parker and Sandro behind Bale, Modric and Van der Vaart is a very good away choice though.

I iz back.

Think this will be a draw tbh... Hopefully Koscielny will be back, and we can keep Greedy barndoor quiet. Song won 100% of his aerial battles against Olimpiacos, but I expect that if Kos is fit, it will be him and Mertesacker again. If Spurs play 4-4-2, I really hope we go 4-2-3-1 and not 4-1-2-3.

Will be an interesting game tbh. Arsenal seem to be finding some form again (*touch wood*) and Arteta's been brilliant but we do miss Wilshere's energy and Arteta and Ramsey are only just starting to form an understanding and partnership. If we can get an early-ish goal and then keep the ball and avoid being put under too much pressure then maybe we can hold out and get a tight win (above events are so not going to happen in a NLD - never a bore).

Going for 2-2 I think - respectable result for both teams and I'm expecting an open game.

Calum - You said we've been awful against the "big" teams... One: Spurs are hardly "big" ;) Two: Liverpool had to have us go down to ten men, and score an own goal for them for them to win (and even get particularly near our goal), while Utd hammered what was essentially a Carling Cup team. Not to say Utd wouldn't have beaten us anyway, just not 8-2 (IMO) and not with us being so poor with a full(ish) strength side out.

I iz back.

Think this will be a draw tbh... Hopefully Koscielny will be back, and we can keep Greedy barndoor quiet. Song won 100% of his aerial battles against Olimpiacos, but I expect that if Kos is fit, it will be him and Mertesacker again. If Spurs play 4-4-2, I really hope we go 4-2-3-1 and not 4-1-2-3.

Will be an interesting game tbh. Arsenal seem to be finding some form again (*touch wood*) and Arteta's been brilliant but we do miss Wilshere's energy and Arteta and Ramsey are only just starting to form an understanding and partnership. If we can get an early-ish goal and then keep the ball and avoid being put under too much pressure then maybe we can hold out and get a tight win (above events are so not going to happen in a NLD - never a bore).

Going for 2-2 I think - respectable result for both teams and I'm expecting an open game.

????

[h=1]Arsenal Gold: Classic Tottenham encounters[/h]The countdown to the North London derby starts here.

Before every fixture you can take a trip down memory lane with classic encounters against our next opponents. Click on the scores for match reports and click on the PLAY buttons to watch the best of the action from each game.

TOTTENHAM 1-4 ARSENAL, 2010
Arsenal ran away with this Carling Cup tie but they needed extra time to do it. Lansbury gave the visitors a deserved lead but Keane pegged the Gunners back before Nasri converted two penalties. Arshavin added a fourth to delight the travelling fans.

TOTTENHAM 1-3 ARSENAL, 2007
A very young Bale gave Spurs a lead they held until Arsenal took over 25 minutes from time. Adebayor levelled with a header, Fabregas unleashed a rocket and Adebayor added a brilliant volleyed third in stoppage time to secure a fine win.

TOTTENHAM 4-5 ARSENAL, 2004
Arsenal edged this crazy game at the Lane despite trailing to Naybet's strike. Henry levelled, Lauren and Vieira put them clear, Defoe pulled a goal back, Ljungberg retorted, King gave Spurs hope, Pires took it away and Kanoute set up a tense finish.

8-0 Spurs.

Adebayor
Bale
Corluka
Dawson
Ekotto
Friedel
Gallas
Huddlestone

Status
Not open for further replies.