Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal 02-10-11

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many bets the bookies will take with Adebayor to score anytime. Spurs look the better, stronger side at the moment so im going to predict a 3-1 win for Spurs.

intrestingly nearly everyone on here who said a spurs win have said 3-1 lol

For once, it was the spuds that chewed up the Irish...

F*ck Yeah ;)

tumblr_lp7lcbXwVC1qjnfoj.jpg

^

point of that is lol?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway team news is:

Tottenham will recall their first-team regulars after they were rested for Thursday's match with Shamrock Rovers.

William Gallas, Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone remain injured, but Steven Pienaar could make his season's debut after overcoming a groin problem.

Theo Walcott is the most likely of Arsenal's injured players to return for this game.

Gervinho, Laurent Koscielny and Yossi Benayoun will be assessed but defender Johan Djourou is out.

MATCH FACTSHead-to-head

Arsenal have only won one of their last six league meetings with Tottenham and none of the last three.
Eight of the last 11 league meetings at White Hart Lane have ended in draws.
Tottenham have only won seven out of 38 Premier League encounters with Arsenal, but two of those wins have come in their last three clashes.
This is the 167th meeting between the sides. Arsenal have won 69 times, Tottenham 52 and there have been 45 draws.
Tottenham

Spurs are unbeaten in their last 15 London derbies since a 3-1 defeat by Arsenal in September 2007.
They have won their last three league matches without conceding a goal.
Rafael van der Vaart has scored three goals in two appearances for Spurs against Arsenal. He has averaged a goal every 181 minutes of Premier League football for Tottenham.
Emanuel Adebayor scored six Premier League goals against Tottenham for Arsenal - more than any other current player in this fixture.
Arsenal

The Gunners are winless in their last seven away league matches. This is their longest run without an away victory isince an eight-match streak from October 1991 to January 1992.
Arsenal have only won four of their last 17 league games.
They failed to win in their last eight games with Mike Dean as referee since a 2-1 win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in November 2008.
Robin van Persie has scored 21 goals in 23 Premier League appearances in 2011.

no!!!, Kos is out. sigh :(

might have a soing and mert cb again. with Frips or Cockylan in the mids. yossi, fit , squills too, LOL!

Possible Line up for me.
300911232151.png

**if Walcotts fit, then he'll be on instead for arshavin.

might have a soing and mert cb again. with Frips or Cockylan in the mids. yossi, fit , squills too, LOL!

Possible Line up for me.
300911232151.png

You should write up the official team sheet for Arsenal with names like those

You should write up the official team sheet for Arsenal with names like those

Wojo Shesny
Banga Sanga
You've-been Merts
Rolex Song
Laundry Santos
Email Frimps
Okay, seriously who the **** is 'risky'?
Gervinho (yaay, a correct name!)
Arteta (two in a row! OMGWTFBBQ)
Arsahvin (Stunning return to form)
Robin Van Rvp

paddy power ‎- we'll refund all losing bets if adebayor scores

ill put a million on adebayor not scoring please.

Wojo Shesny
Banga Sanga
You've-been Merts
Rolex Song
Laundry Santos
Email Frimps
Okay, seriously who the **** is 'risky'?
Gervinho (yaay, a correct name!)
Arteta (two in a row! OMGWTFBBQ)
Arsahvin (Stunning return to form)
Robin Van Rvp

Rosicky :p

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

paddy power ‎- we'll refund all losing bets if adebayor scores

ill put a million on adebayor not scoring please.

lol about that, ahah

just under 24 hours untill the best derby in the PL imo.

Possible Line up for me.
300911232151.png

You honestly think Rosicky (sorry - 'Risky') will play after his **** game midweek?
The fact Ramsey didn't start that game showed he was going to be playing here.

Santos won't play either.

Last edited:
Arsène Wenger revealed the following team news at his pre-match press conference on Friday.

on the Tottenham game…

Koscielny looks to be definitely out for Sunday, it looks short for him. He couldn't absorb any test today [Friday]. For Walcott and Gervinho a decision will be made on Saturday or Sunday. The most likely to be fit of the two looks to be Walcott. Benayoun and Squillaci are completely fit. Squillaci lacks match fitness, Benayoun does not.

on playing Alex Song in defence…
Squillaci will not be fit enough to start the game. If I am tempted I can answer honestly 'yes'. Will I do it? Honestly I don't know yet.

on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain…
He is a possibility to be in the squad, I haven't picked the team yet.

on Thomas Vermaelen...
It will be a fraction longer than expected [before he returns]. He will not be straight back [in the squad] after the international break. It will be one or two weeks later

----------------------------------------------------------

Wont be predicting my team as of yet.

'Squillaci will not be fit enough for this game' is French for 'I finally realised Squillaci is ****', right? My French isn't that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.