vs.

Chelsea

Sunday, 12th December 2010
White Hart Lane
Referee: Mike Dean
K.O. @ 2.00PM

picture.php

Preview:

A game that will really determine whether Tottenham Hotspur should be worthy of the name 'title contenders', Spurs host Chelsea in what will arguably be their biggest game this month, as the Premier League title slowly starts to slip away from the champions themselves, Chelsea. Recent form from the Blues hasn't been good reading for the players, the fans and the manager, as not a single win in four puts them two points behind the current leaders and fellow London rivals, Arsenal - who lead the table one point ahead of Manchester United. 30 points from a possible 48 includes losses to Sunderland, Birmingham, Manchester City and Liverpool. The other three draws were to Newcastle, Aston Villa and Everton.

And the rumours circulating around Stamford Bridge that Roman Abramovich has lost patience in Carlo Ancelotti, following a lack of European success, is also becoming more evident. Chelsea, who lost 1-0 to French outfit Olympique Marseille in mid-week, despite already qualifying, was their first defeat in the Champions League this season. It is thought that Ancelotti will walk out of the door much like his predecessors in Avram Grant and Felipe Scolari.

As for Tottenham, they go into this match knowing that a win against their their superior will drawn them level on points with their next highest, Manchester City - so long as they don't slip-up against West Ham United at Upton Park on Saturday, giving them a chance to once again put pressure on City for the European spots. As for recent form, Spurs are unbeaten in their last five, their last against Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok - 4-2. But with this, Redknapp's men have not lost, in thirteen games in the league, on home soil, and have managed to beat Liverpool, Blackburn, Aston Villa and Wolves.

Facts:

• Chelsea have not won at White Hart Lane since 2005, where the Blues won 2-0 through a Frank Lampard double on the strokes of half-time and full-time.
  • The last time Chelsea faced Tottenham at White Hart Lane was a 2-1 defeat for the champions, as John Terry was sent off and two goals in the first half made it a difficult comeback and it was only to be a consolation for Chelsea when their midfield playmaker in Frank Lampard scored in the 90th minute to break a clean sheet for Gomes.
  • Chelsea have been able to keep eight clean sheets so far this season, whilst Tottenham's first was on the first day of the season, in the 0-0 draw to Manchester City.
  • In the all-time history between Tottenham and Chelsea, the Blues have beaten Spurs 59 times, whilst the other won 49. The two have drawn 29 times in the league and two each in both the F.A. Cup and League Cup.

Injured & Suspended:

Tottenham Hotspur:

• Rafael van der Vaart
  • Jermaine Jenas
  • Niko Kranjcar
  • Giovanni dos Santos
  • Ledley King
  • Tom Huddlestone
  • Jamie O'Hara
  • Jonathan Woodgate
Chelsea:

• Frank Lampard
  • Jose Bosingwa
  • Yuri Zhirkov
  • Yossi Benayoun
  • Alex
Predicted Line-Ups:

Tottenham Hotspur:

picture.php

Chelsea:

picture.php

Predictions:

2-1 to Tottenham.

Gomes
Hutton Gallas Bassong* BAE
Lennon Palacios Modric Bale
Pavlyuchenko Defoe​

* Dawson may slot into the team after working hard in training. He is still freshly recovered from his injury though, so Harry may choose a less demanding game to re-introduce him.

That is my predicted line-up for us. We've got so many injuries at the moment. :(

Last edited:
Gomes
Hutton Gallas Bassong* BAE
Lennon Palacios Modric Bale
Pavlyuchenko Defoe​

* Dawson may slot into the team after working hard in training. He is still freshly recovered from his injury though, so Harry may choose a less demanding game to re-introduce him.

That is my predicted line-up for us. We've got so many injuries at the moment. :(

I only got these stats from PremierLeague.com and SkySports.com, so I was aware that some of the statistics would be inaccurate.

lol nice way you included an FM aspect on an FM forum. Nice work :)

We won't win, 100% guaranteed, Bale will rip apart Ferreira :S

everyone is expecting to give Chelsea a good ebating so here is my prediction

Spurs 0-4 Chelsea :D so glad Van der vaart aint playing

Spurs 2-0 Chelsea. I generally waver between liking and disliking Spurs, but if they give Chelsea a good hiding they're right back into my good books.

My prediction Spurs 0-3 Chelsea, hope spurs win though.

i think this is the kinda game that could give chelsea a big lift if they win.
im gonna go 2-1 chelsea with a late goal deciding the game

1-0 Chelsea (The Drog). Cant see Chelsea dropping points again.

I am going against my own team on this. I think this is a dangerous time to go up against Chelsea. If it had been a couple of weeks ago I would of been happy. This is where I reckon Chelsea will turn it around.

That chelsea team looks ok.

I'll go 1-1, or 3-0 if recent form continues.

Spurs 2 - 3 Chelsea

Chelsea to come back from 2-0 down to grab the win. Hopefully Ramires doesn't start.

spurs 0 chelsea 2

its unlikely that chelsea would drop any further points

Spurs 2-0 Chelsea

Also, could've sworn kick off was at 4pm with Bolton vs Blackburn at 1.30?

Last edited:
2-1 Spurs

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Spurs 2-0 Chelsea

Also, could've sworn kick off was at 4pm with Bolton vs Blackburn at 2?

yes this game is part two of "Super Sunday"

Spurs 2 - 3 Chelsea

Chelsea to come back from 2-0 down to grab the win. Hopefully Ramires doesn't start.
i would almost certainly start Mcreachan rather than Ramires, as i was saying to Cjacko, im still not quite sure of what role he was bought for, even though he is a very good player

i would almost certainly start Mcreachan rather than Ramires, as i was saying to Cjacko, im still not quite sure of what role he was bought for, even though he is a very good player

Think because Essien has been so prone to injury over the past few years Ramires was brought in as cover for him if he does get injured again. Both similar in their approach, just Ramires is nowhere near as good.

McEachran against Marseille the other night was fantastic. In the first half he started in Mikel's usual position just collecting the ball and spraying it around the pitch. In the second half he was moved up to the left hand side of the midfield trio with Essien dropping back and he looked even better.

I don't see any reason why he shouldn't start. With Ramires and Essien in the same team there is no creativity whatsoever. Atleast with McEachran we can create some chances.

Back