Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [12.12.10 - White Hart Lane]

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 334
  • Views Views 15K
to be fair only their poor final ball and lack of spurs finishing prevented them from punishing you more, first half they were hitting you so bad you had to switch formation

yer i said we should have started 4-4-2 anyway. Also has been pointed out that Ramires played much better today, when the game is at a high tempo it seems to suite his style. I mean Spurs didn't really have many goal scoring chances i think it was 2 shots in the end or 2 on target im not sure. I don't know many sides that will go to Spurs this season and play as well as that.

In the second half, we looked much better and we coulod have snatched an unconcincing win if Drogba had not missed that penalty but it happens, we played much better today than in our recent matches though and that must be commended, we had shots on goal, Kalou missed a couple of Headers which could have gone in, but we really need to sort out many areas in our Team come January and I hope we spend heavily

i swear if Kalou had taken half of the chances he has missed this season he would be in treble figures by now.

i swear if Kalou had taken half of the chances he has missed this season he would be in treble figures by now.

Spot on mate, i hate him, he never finishes off chances like Drogba or Anelka can do and neither does he seem to make efforts in most matches, we really need to sort out our team, a good attacking midfielder and a Young Centre-Back and Right-Back will be our best bet for now

Spot on mate, i hate him, he never finishes off chances like Drogba or Anelka can do and neither does he seem to make efforts in most matches, we really need to sort out our team, a good attacking midfielder and a Young Centre-Back and Right-Back will be our best bet for now

I agree we need a couple of players, the thing with Kalou is he seems to be better as an impact player coming off the bench running at tired defences's. I think Sturridge should get more starts and if thats not working then bring on Kalou.

I agree we need a couple of players, the thing with Kalou is he seems to be better as an impact player coming off the bench running at tired defences's. I think Sturridge should get more starts and if thats not working then bring on Kalou.

Sturridge has never really proven himself tbh against Premiere League Opposition regularly so I am a bit sceptical about that, but I feel that Drogba should be on from the start, Anelka is not suited to being the lone striker in a 4-3-3 formation due to his tendency to come deep to get the ball and the way he is physically outpowered by the Opposition players, he will be better on the wings where his pace can be utilized

Sturridge has never really proven himself tbh against Premiere League Opposition regularly so I am a bit sceptical about that, but I feel that Drogba should be on from the start, Anelka is not suited to being the lone striker in a 4-3-3 formation due to his tendency to come deep to get the ball and the way he is physically outpowered by the Opposition players, he will be better on the wings where his pace can be utilized

I think Carlo played a masterclass by not starting Drogba today though, i think he has become abit complacent and got used to not scoring after his illness. But by starting him on the bench in a game like this today he must of had itchy feet wanting to come on and prove himself and for me he did. I fully expect Drogs to start next week against Utd along with a more fit Lamps.

I think Carlo played a masterclass by not starting Drogba today though, i think he has become abit complacent and got used to not scoring after his illness. But by starting him on the bench in a game like this today he must of had itchy feet wanting to come on and prove himself and for me he did. I fully expect Drogs to start next week against Utd along with a more fit Lamps.

Tried to prove himself a bit too much with the penalty...

Tried to prove himself a bit too much with the penalty...

People miss penaltys all the time it happens, before today he has never missed one for us so he dosen't have to prove anything.

whatever said and done, he is our best striker and his impact could be felt the moment he came onto the pitch, by playing Anelka we honestly are wasting 45min, he is not suited to a lone striker role, he just does not have the strength to adopt such a role and by playing him we are forced to play a short passing game which honeslty we fail at, by playing Drogba we can play more direct as we can rely on him getting on the end of the long balls

whatever said and done, he is our best striker and his impact could be felt the moment he came onto the pitch, by playing Anelka we honestly are wasting 45min, he is not suited to a lone striker role, he just does not have the strength to adopt such a role and by playing him we are forced to play a short passing game which honeslty we fail at, by playing Drogba we can play more direct as we can rely on him getting on the end of the long balls

yer i agree but i just think it worked today and we were unlucky not to take all 3 points. Hopefully we can build on this now and get 2 wins in our next 2 games.

yer i agree but i just think it worked today and we were unlucky not to take all 3 points. Hopefully we can build on this now and get 2 wins in our next 2 games.

no mate, if we played Drogba from the start, things could have been different, but nothing taken away from Tottenham, they played well too and I am itching to see Lamps back in action

no mate, if we played Drogba from the start, things could have been different, but nothing taken away from Tottenham, they played well too and I am itching to see Lamps back in action

It could have been but Drogba has been poor lately and it was a no matter who you are if your not performing you wont start message from Carlo. And who knows maybe this is what he needed and hopefully he will go on a little run now.

It could have been but Drogba has been poor lately and it was a no matter who you are if your not performing you wont start message from Carlo. And who knows maybe this is what he needed and hopefully he will go on a little run now.

sometimes even the best players need a few games to fine-tune and get back into rhythmn, sometimes its best if u let ur star players play even when they are off-form cos u know that all it takes is one goal for them to get back into form and by putting them on the bench they can get demoralised and we all know Drogba's attitude, Mourinho made him feel special and due to that he became one of the best strikers in the world

Mate I tell everyone I really don't rate him... He couldn't hit a barn :D oh my days i shouldn't get started... He's a excellent dribbler to me and nothing more...

Back