Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [12.12.10 - White Hart Lane]

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 334
  • Views Views 15K
I swear he was one of the few chelsea players he went over to the crowd during this period which doesn't really show that his attitude is disgusting

Thank you for pointing that out as i just did, I was at the Bridge when we got spanked 3-0 by Sunderland and Drogba acknowledged the fans in the Matthew Harding Lower (where i was sitting) and came over to clap the fans off. No matter what people think of Drogba or not the man has changed his attitude immensly

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Tbh, Bale didn't get a chance to shine. Got outnumbered then hacked down everytime he started to run.

yer but also especially in the 1st half Ferreira kept making long runs foward which was dragging Bale back to defend. I think we played an absolute materclass against Bale today.

Also as i fully expected not many people on here acknowledging Terrys performance, the man was out of this world and is proving so many people wrong.

CJACKO11 said:
Also as i fully expected not many people on here acknowledging Terrys performance, the man was out of this world and is proving so many people wrong.

I thought Terry played well. Even tried to be a striker on a few occasions <)

I was surprised at Terry's ventures forward. Usually, he plays a 'no-nonses' role, but today, he was up there like it was a 3-3-4 sometimes.

I was surprised at Terry's ventures forward. Usually, he plays a 'no-nonses' role, but today, he was up there like it was a 3-3-4 sometimes.

It used to be Carvalho who used to do that when the team needed a goal. Terry for non footballing reasons dosen't get the praise he deserves on the pitch.

It used to be Carvalho who used to do that when the team needed a goal. Terry for non footballing reasons dosen't get the praise he deserves on the pitch.

Yes he does, but he has this season apart from recently not be at his best, he is still considered a great defender...

Yes he does, but he has this season apart from recently not be at his best, he is still considered a great defender...

Its the first time in 5 years he is playing injury free, i mean midweek just shows how big of a player he is for us 5minutes after he is subbed off we go and concede.

he gets praised all the time even when he hasn't played well

Most definatly, for a centre half the man has alot of technique and reads the game so well.

Don't be silly, Rio Ferdinand and Gerard Pique have a lot of technique for a centre half. What I hope you mean is Terry has a surprising amount of technique considering the type of no-nonsense hard man defender he is.

It used to be Carvalho who used to do that when the team needed a goal.

Yeah I was surprised by his Lucio-style runs. It was something Carvalho used to do, but I'm surprised it was done against a two-man attack of Defoe and Pav.

Its the first time in 5 years he is playing injury free, i mean midweek just shows how big of a player he is for us 5minutes after he is subbed off we go and concede.

So you expect him not to get critics on his back, when you freely admit he hasnt been injury free in 5 years, well that is always going to lead to people saying he is over the hill.

Don't be silly, Rio Ferdinand and Gerard Pique have a lot of technique for a centre half. What I hope you mean is Terry has a surprising amount of technique considering the type of no-nonsense hard man defender he is.

Yeah I was surprised by his Lucio-style runs. It was something Carvalho used to do, but I'm surprised it was done against a two-man attack of Defoe and Pav.

Thats what i mean, he is labelled as a tough tackling no nouncense defender but he can play aswell and i think sometimes that gets over looked.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

So you expect him not to get critics on his back, when you freely admit he hasnt been injury free in 5 years, well that is always going to lead to people saying he is over the hill.

Well the only time i can remember him having abit of a wobble and making some bad calls was just after the story about him and Bridge's ex came out so we sent him away for abit and he came back and helped us win the double.

Thats what i mean, he is labelled as a tough tackling no nouncense defender but he can play aswell and i think sometimes that gets over looked.

Thats not what you said though, You said " for non footballing reasons he doesnt all gets the praise he deserves on the pitch" nothing about his ability with the football at his feet... ;)

Thats not what you said though, You said " for non footballing reasons he doesnt all gets the praise he deserves on the pitch" nothing about his ability with the football at his feet... ;)

I just mean in general, the public don't like him and if you don't support Chelsea then your not fond of him as a person and for that i think people over look his performances sometimes.

I just mean in general, the public don't like him and if you don't support Chelsea then your not fond of him as a person and for that i think people over look his performances sometimes.

I don't support chelsea and i am not fond of him, but still think he is a good player and can appreciate his talent, so does many.

Read what both I and he quoted before you slate him.

Read what both I and he quoted before you slate him.

I think you should read what i put, When a ;) is put, it generally means a jokey tongue in cheek comment, SO maybe you should think before you post.

yer but also especially in the 1st half Ferreira kept making long runs foward which was dragging Bale back to defend. I think we played an absolute materclass against Bale today.

Against Bale himself maybe, but Ferraria tracking him so deep allowed space on the flanks which Defoe exploited well. It is where the first goal came from, he drifted to the left and crossed to pick out Bale.

You didn't play a masterclass on Bale, you let him drag your defence out of position and were punished for it. The fact Bale personally didn't do anything of note is irrelevant, as he was just as much of benefit to the team as he usually is.

Against Bale himself maybe, but Ferraria tracking him so deep allowed space on the flanks which Defoe exploited well. It is where the first goal came from, he drifted to the left and crossed to pick out Bale.

You didn't play a masterclass on Bale, you let him drag your defence out of position and were punished for it. The fact Bale personally didn't do anything of note is irrelevant, as he was just as much of benefit to the team as he usually is.

But that was our gameplan, let spurs attack us through the middle where we knew we could deal with them and with exception of the goal we did deal with it time and time again.

But that was our gameplan, let spurs attack us through the middle where we knew we could deal with them and with exception of the goal we did deal with it time and time again.
to be fair only their poor final ball and lack of spurs finishing prevented them from punishing you more, first half they were hitting you so bad you had to switch formation

Back