Tottenham-Liverpool 18/09/11

Tottenham 5 - 0 Liverpool.

Love it, this is the closest prediction and Liverpool, it's obvious that you thought you were going to win from your posts in the first few pages, and quite easily at that, but we bossed you, from first whistle to the last, could and should have been more like 6/7-0! Yeah-Seriously.....

Couldnt agree more. At first I thought it was a free kick to Liverpool, not tottenham.

Adam deserved BOTH yellows, I just watched it back on Football First, he was surrounded by 3 players, but thats not a foul thats great pressing of one of your more creative players, Parker was pressuring him, but nothing more, Adam got frustrated at not getting the ball and lost discipline. He got the red he deserved last season playing at the Lane when he 'did' Bale and got nothing, not even a free kick to Spurs. He knew Parker was there, second yellow ALL DAY.

One thing in LFC defence and the only crumb I can come up with, the first yellow to Skrtel was very harsh, however the way Bale was roasting him time and again, I think he would have seen red at some point anyway.

Imo, overall the ref was good and cant argue with 95% of decisions and its not often you'll be able to say that!

I like how Liverpool fans are still out singing Spurs'.

WHAT! I take it you were at home watching this game on TV yeah? Because as soon as 2nd goal went in, 50% of your fans upped and left! Thats why there was no signing from Spurs fans, there was hardly anyone left to sign at, fair play to ones who stayed and sung (I know exactly how it feels!), but the supporters who left, you let your side down!

Finally, where were the Liverpool fans when your team needed you at 1-0 and down to ten men? I never heard a peep out of you until Suarez offside goal, and that was only for about 20 seconds, then back to nothing! Why do Liverpool and Newcastle fans think they've have a god given right to call themselevs the best supporters in the country?

Couldnt agree more. At first I thought it was a free kick to Liverpool, not tottenham.
The first yellow might have been given a bit easy, but the second yellow, for me, it could have been red directly.

Why do Liverpool and Newcastle fans think they've have a god given right to call themselevs the best supporters in the country?

God knows- the notion that either are is a complete illusion. Stems from arrogance mostly. However, Liverpool fans have a slightly more justified right to be a arrogant, even though they have barely done anything of note in the last 20 years- the major achievement of a Champions League title the obvious and spectacular exception. But god knows what Newcastle have to crow about, and quite what they do to be considered the best fans in the country is anyone's guess. Although, having to put up with the sh*te they do is worth a special mention in itself.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

And yes, the second Adam 'tackle' was a straight red in any case. I don't think his first was anything more than a free-kick- the yellow for that was unfair. But the second- straight red. Had Parkers leg been anchored it could have been a serious injury. Adam deserved it, he's a dirty over-hyped little s**t and it was just retribution for what he did to Bale last season.

As for Skrtel, he raised his arm to Bale's face to stop him strolling past him to get a cross in. The point is, arm raised is a yellow card offence. Then the second yellow was entirely warranted.

Newcastle and Liverpool supporters have the right to call themselves some of the best fans in the country quite simply because they are. Ask fans of other teams and most will agree. Both fanbases are extremely loyal and stay loyal through the ups and downs (Newcastle average attendance in Championship was 43387, that figure speaks volume, Liverpool average attendance for last season, a **** one by their standards, was 42,820 which again speaks volume). You guys ******** about their fanbase just sound bitter tbh

Tbh I always feel that Prem supporters have nothing on their lower league counterparts. A Palace crowd is so much better than a Villa one, and that's not because Villa supporters are bad, but rather because lower league fans are so brilliant.

It's a bit of a silly argument anyway, not to mention a pointless one.

Tbh I always feel that Prem supporters have nothing on their lower league counterparts. A Palace crowd is so much better than a Villa one, and that's not because Villa supporters are bad, but rather because lower league fans are so brilliant.

It's a bit of a silly argument anyway, not to mention a pointless one.

Bollocks if you ask me

Bollocks if you ask me

It's just such a pathetic thing to say if you're losing. I always laugh a bit whenever I see someone saying something like "We're 7-0 down, but at least we outsung their fans!" because it sounds so ridiculous.

It's just such a pathetic thing to say if you're losing. I always laugh a bit whenever I see someone saying something like "We're 7-0 down, but at least we outsung their fans!" because it sounds so ridiculous.

One of those things really lol. More annoying when you get the bitchy comments about "our fans are more loyal than your fans" or calling fans arrogant because they expect success or whatever-just concentrate on your own club!! lol. Some fans have a right to expect success, but it doesn't mean they're arrogant. They've seen their club spend piles of cash, and should expect some sort of return. You're right about lower league fans, they are great to be around, and each time I've been around them, they've created a great atmoshpere, even though they're club could be going down the crapper, heading for relegation or whatever. They don't waste breath slagging off other fans, they just focus on their own side, and just love football in general. But the worst for me, are the ones who say you're not a fan/supporter because you've never been to a match. That really riles me-simply because they haven't taken into account whatsoever what the reasons for it could be.

And to be honest, the best fans in the world, are the ones who just always stick by their team through thick and thin, and don't switch sides simply because the other sides doing better. If you're at a really young age, that would be understandable. But there's been many a time I've come across a 40 something who says "I used to support Spurs but....". Where's the loyalty there? Ridiculous. I can tell you from experience, the best fans I've come across (in person that is) are Liverpool, Man Utd, West Ham, Newcastle, Palace and West Brom. They've been fantastic. Others can't comment as I've not come across tbh. Just wish some Newcastle fans would keep their tops on during Winter matches though. Bulging bellies on blokes are not a pretty sight lol

Last edited:

Agree, which is why I took exception to Liverpool saying they liked the fact they were out singing us, especailly when that fan is writing it from his armchair!!!!!

Totally agree with your previous comment, lower league supporters are better than prem supporters. Or take example of fans having real actions, like Charlton supporters, clearing out The Valley of rubbish and weeds etc, thats real support!

I used to watch a lot of my local team, Enfield, whenever Spurs were away, great great times! Team doesn't exist anymore! :'-(

Although, Spurs taking 12,000 out to Inter Milan and 15,000 out to Madrid (when allocations were 3,000 ish!!!!), were both GREAT trips and I LOVED that support being out there! Maybe difficult to compare as it was our first CL season ever, but a lot of Spurs fans took advantage, possibly even thought, we might not get here again so why not dust off the passport!??! - That and we all seem to like a beer or 2!

Last edited:
Lol at fans trying to kick Liverpool supporters while they're down. All you have to do to realise how good our fans really are is watch a video of half-time at Istanbul really.

It's pretty common knowledge that Liverpool have some of the best supporters in the world, you just have to watch a european night at Anfield to realise that. That's not to say all of them are great though. I'm quite embarrased by some of the **** that I see from United fans, but Liverpool fans are generally just as bad. I don't really get any pleasure from seeing Liverpool lose, unless it's at the hands of United of course!

It's pretty common knowledge that Liverpool have some of the best supporters in the world, you just have to watch a european night at Anfield to realise that. That's not to say all of them are great though. I'm quite embarrased by some of the **** that I see from United fans, but Liverpool fans are generally just as bad. I don't really get any pleasure from seeing Liverpool lose, unless it's at the hands of United of course!

Certain fans are a disgrace, every club has them, no exceptions. Thankfully it is the minority.

Back