Tottenham-Liverpool 18/09/11

Parker kicks Lucas
Bale elbow on Reina
Kaboul pulls Suarez down
Modric and Parker both handballed it deliberately and nothing was done.

Not the reason we lost, but the refs need some freaking consistency.

Pathetic, what about the Suarez dive that won him a free kick? He should have been sent off. You'll see what you want to see, just like every football fan.

You just weren't good enough, don't even think you had a shot all game.

Best game we've played in months. The whole team was balanced and Modric/Parker combo in the middle ran the game from start to finish. Adebayor was top draw, Defoe was sharp again and we started of so so well. Couldn't have gone any better.

Got to love the arrogance of Liverpool fans as well. You're far from favourites for top4, you need to sort out your away form. Unbelievable.

Four away games, two wins, two losses, hardly terrible, is it?
Still, Arsenal are favourites for the top 4, but I'm very confident we'll finish ahead of Spurs.

We are? Better tell the players then :( lol

As much as I hate to admit it, yes, you are. You'll pick it up soon enough, you're weaker than you've been for a long while but you're still favourites for it.

As much as I hate to admit it, yes, you are. You'll pick it up soon enough, you're weaker than you've been for a long while but you're still favourites for it.

If the defensive issues get sorted out sharpish.

Keown in for a defensive coach imo.

Another point, King plays 2 games and we keep 2 clean sheets and win both games comfortably. Truly world class player, just his sheer presence improves us and Kaboul's taken his game to another level along side him.

If the defensive issues get sorted out sharpish.

Keown in for a defensive coach imo.

Lots of Arsenal fans were saying that last night. Want to get Adams and Keown in to coach them

Lots of Arsenal fans were saying that last night. Want to get Adams and Keown in to coach them

Either would be good. Every time I hear Keown being a pundit he speaks so much sense.

Another point, King plays 2 games and we keep 2 clean sheets and win both games comfortably. Truly world class player, just his sheer presence improves us and Kaboul's taken his game to another level along side him.

LOL, a phrase that is thrown about far too often nowadays.

King likes playing against Liverpool.

Last match against them was 2-0 I believe too, with Ledley in the side. He does like a clean sheet.

That said, I'm still a bit upset that Carragher didn't net an expected own goal to make my 5-0 prediction spot on.

LOL, a phrase that is thrown about far too often nowadays.

Yes it does, but in this instance its fully justified.

King is by far the best player we have, then Modric, then VDV and Bale.

I firmly believe he would be Englands best defender if constantly fit. not quite as composed a reader as Rio, or quite as agressive as Terry, but he combines both their strengths. Fantastic player

Thing King is an excellent player when he plays. But he would've been fantastic if it wasn't for his injuries/fitness. Could've been an England regular. Great shame.

zoooommed ^

Pathetic, what about the Suarez dive that won him a free kick? He should have been sent off. You'll see what you want to see, just like every football fan.

I think what RTW is saying that the ref needed to be a lot more consistent, we conceded 9 fouls and had 6 yellows. And RE the Adam first yellow, he was being hounded by three Spurs players and should have got a foul, he then pulls a shirt back and gets booked for it.

You just weren't good enough, don't even think you had a shot all game.

Two actually. So mehhhhh.

Yes it does, but in this instance its fully justified.

King is by far the best player we have, then Modric, then VDV and Bale.

He's a brilliant defender, yes. Fantastic. But world class? No. Without his injuries then I firmly believe he would have been.

I truly believe that the referee killed the game today. Liverpool certainly didn't deserve to lose this match, and those officiating blunders will be making headlines tomorrow; mark my words!

He's a brilliant defender, yes. Fantastic. But world class? No. Without his injuries then I firmly believe he would have been.

What would you say a world class player is then? Somebody that is one of the best in their position? King is. Somebody who when fit would get into nearly every team in the world? King would.

In terms of natural ability, King > Terry/Ferdinand. Just a shame he never had the chance to fully prove that to other fans who don't watch him all that much. He doesn't train or kick a football all week and then comes in and churns out performances like that! I highly doubt anyone else could do that.

What would you say a world class player is then? Somebody that is one of the best in their position? King is. Somebody who when fit would get into nearly every team in the world? King would.

World Class - One of the best players in the world in his position. Would you put him in the same bracket as Thiago Silva, Vidic, Pique, Puyol? I certainly would not. And those are defenders that I would class as world class.

World Class - One of the best players in the world in his position. Would you put him in the same bracket as Thiago Silva, Vidic, Pique, Puyol? I certainly would not. And those are defenders that I would class as world class.

Yes, I honestly would. You've probably not watched enough of him to fully appreciate what he does. Truly one off player.

Back