Tottenham reach Champions League

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 3K
ManCity-See-you-in-the-Champions-League.jpg

My uncle, his wife and kids are all HUGE Spurs fans so I'm pleased for them. City actually had a go for once but to be honest, looking at the squad it is not as good as Spurs IMO and I think they'll do alright in the CL.

just been on the BBC 606 forums, and there is an incredible amount of bitterness towards spurs reaching 4th place. why cant people give props where its due?

this just goes with my therory that money DOSENT guarrentee success in football but can push you in the right direction if used properly. but yer well done yids definatly deserved.

Lets not forget Spurs have spent money aswell they didnt get Modric for free he cost nearly £20M, Palacios £12M, they just didnt do it all in bulk or in one window because they couldn't afford it

Lets not forget Spurs have spent money aswell they didnt get Modric for free he cost nearly £20M, Palacios £12M, they just didnt do it all in bulk or in one window because they couldn't afford it

but then you could say that about loads of teams. the last time chelsea spend over 20 million was for shevchenko what 3 years ago. every so called big team needs to sign atleast 1 big player every season to keep up with the teams around them.

but then you could say that about loads of teams. the last time chelsea spend over 20 million was for shevchenko what 3 years ago. every so called big team needs to sign atleast 1 big player every season to keep up with the teams around them.

Sheva was a massive flop though, the difference between the top 4 + City and Tottenham is we all have had massive flops but Tottenham work hard behind the signs and sign good players consistently.. Well done to them, City just don't have the quality.

All Liverpool's fault for having a **** season really, disasters like this happen.

You never no, might go out in qualifying like Everton did ;)

nah the point I was tryna make was that to break the top four you need to spend big its not like villa who you could argue only splashed out big on ashley young but the rest were ok players that O'Neil has turned around

nah the point I was tryna make was that to break the top four you need to spend big its not like villa who you could argue only splashed out big on ashley young but the rest were ok players that O'Neil has turned around

yer i agree with ya. you need to sign other wise you will get left behind. or possibly in liverpools case they just didnt buy the right players.

Sheva was a massive flop though, the difference between the top 4 + City and Tottenham is we all have had massive flops but Tottenham work hard behind the signs and sign good players consistently.. Well done to them, City just don't have the quality.

You mean the top 4 + City & Liverpool ;)

Tottenham don't have a sugar daddy, and therefore cannot be compared to Manchester City when discussing expenditure. All of this talk about us spending a lot of money, yes it's true, but we also have generated a lot of funding by selling players over the past few seasons. The norm seems to be that we are provided with 15-20m to play with, and any additional funding past that is generated by sales.

The sales of Berbatov, Keane and Carrick spring to mind, collectively valued at 70 million pounds.

Tottenham don't have a sugar daddy, and therefore cannot be compared to Manchester City when discussing expenditure. All of this talk about us spending a lot of money, yes it's true, but we also have generated a lot of funding by selling players over the past few seasons. The norm seems to be that we are provided with 15-20m to play with, and any additional funding past that is generated by sales.

The sales of Berbatov, Keane and Carrick spring to mind, collectively valued at 70 million pounds.
Is that before or after the £15M+ you spent getting Keane back? :P lol

Watch all the Tottenham 'fans' come out of the woodwork now they are in the Champions League, you never see a Tottenham fan anywhere and by August there will be tons :'(

You must be joking. We have the best followers in the country pal. Sold out every home game, sell out all are away tickets, so i dont know where your getting that crazy idea from!

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

I fricking hate cocky man city supporters!

Anything is better than Man City getting fourth, even the scum.

You must be joking. We have the best followers in the country pal. Sold out every home game, sell out all are away tickets, so i dont know where your getting that crazy idea from!

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

I fricking hate cocky man city supporters!

I agree with what you say, you are fantastic supporters, selling our tickets everywhere you go, and will do the same across Europe next year ;)

BUT... you cant say your the best followers in the land...

have nothing to base it on...

your definitely up there with a shout though, i would agree!

Is that before or after the £15M+ you spent getting Keane back? :P lol

Call it 5 million pound profit if you prefer.

Either way, my point stands. We're a club that sell in order to buy. We're not like Manchester City who have no qualms about tossing 250m around.

Call it 5 million pound profit if you prefer.

Either way, my point stands. We're a club that sell in order to buy. We're not like Manchester City who have no qualms about tossing 250m around.
they wont be doing it for very long if platini has their way. spurs wage bill is 52 percent of their turnover. city's is ******* 96%! thats mental.

BUT... you cant say your the best followers in the land...

have nothing to base it on...

I know what your saying mate, but this geezer said, that now spurs are in the champions league the fans will come out of the closet and said that before you never see any spurs shirts around.....that fella was off his trolley!!!

Back