Tottenham v Arsenal [19:45 - 20/04/11]

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 9K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw an interview with Arsenal keeper Szneggerzcyy (sp) and im convinced he speaks better English than anyone else at Arsenal!!

As unfunny as that was - he does have brilliant English. Got SO much abuse on twitter after the Cashley Hole thing though - "Is it a bird etc. etc." for getting spelling or something wrong.

Really? Thought he and Fabregas ran the show for their respective sides tbh - Modric drove from deep brilliantly 2/3 times at the start of 2nd half.. He had so much energy and got two Arsenal players booked within 80 seconds of the restart. Jack Wilshere is in a similar mould - both very exciting players who like to run with the ball but have an eye for a pass too.

Maybe it is just me but he did not stand out as much as the other key performers in my opinion. The key performers I am referring to were BAE and Fabregas.

Maybe it is just me but he did not stand out as much as the other key performers in my opinion. The key performers I am referring to were BAE and Fabregas.

BAE was brilliant, unfortunately. Was it his pass that led to the pen?

Modric is just amazing. The complete midfielder.

Just saw an interview with Arsenal keeper Szneggerzcyy (sp) and im convinced he speaks better English than anyone else at Arsenal!!

His twitter updates are a sight to behold, I'll give you that.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Lets try and and make a non Bias North London 11

Szenzsy

Sagna Dawson Vermaelen BAE

Thudd

Nasri Fabregas Modric

VDV

RVP​

I would have Clichy in over BAE, no matter how good the latter was tonight. Maybe Bale?

The passing of that midfield is actually stupidly good though, would be literally the best in the world.

Youd definitely have Clichy.

BAE is a good player but he can be lazy at times/most of the time.

On another note. How good is Modric.

Youd definitely have Clichy.

BAE is a good player but he can be lazy at times/most of the time.

On another note. How good is Modric.

Read last page lol - If I could have any other midfielder in the league, it'd be him hands down.

I would have Clichy in over BAE, no matter how good the latter was tonight. Maybe Bale?

The passing of that midfield is actually stupidly good though, would be literally the best in the world.

Yeah but is Bale not more of a winger ?

Yeah but is Bale not more of a winger ?

I'd be tempted to go for 4-3-3..

Thudd

Modric - Fabregas

Nasri ------ Bale

RvP​

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Not Delap? ;)

Of course, but as we know he can be a fullback.

And is, of course, ze best player in ze vurld 'oo can play anyver..

And is, of course, ze best player in ze vurld 'oo can play anyver..

Rubbish. In our TOTP we had Almunia at RB. Bale is thoroughly outclassed in terms of versatility by a 33 year old Spanish 'keeper.

No VDV Joss? :O

Meh. Don't need THREE creative midfielders and despite tonight's performance, VdV hasn't turned up in 2011.

@GC - Yeah, but I'd PERSONALLY go for Sagna at RB - you know, or not - just an idea.

Superb game for the neutral, but I fear that may have put 4th place just a shade out of reach for us. Even if we beat City at Eastlands, we'll still be behind on GD significantly, and we have a more difficult run-in overall. Need to hope for an implosion at Manchester I suppose.

I think a draw is a fair result, though I personally feel if a team would have won that game, it would have been Tottenham on the basis of both halves and the chances made.

As for a North London XI:

Gomes/Szczesny*
Sagna Vermaelen Dawson Assou-Ekotto
Huddlestone Modric
Nasri Fabregas Bale
Van Persie

*Goalkeeper choice is difficult to make at the moment, as Szczesny is relatively new to the Premier League and I haven't had enough time to evaluate him. Gomes, though he makes mistakes, is an excellent shot-stopper and would be a superb goalkeeper behind a more reliable defensive unit.

Assou-Ekotto is a better player than Clichy, in my opinion, especially this season where the Frenchman has drifted out of form completely. BAE often gets overlooked when he plays well, which is far more often than people realise, and only noticed when he makes a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back