Tottenham vs Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter Frutty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 150
  • Views Views 7K
Absolutely brilliant performance by Tottenham. Lack of finishing, but the defending (except for the lapse in concentration for Lampard's goal) was top-class. Bale was exceptional again, and is honestly cementing himself as one of, if not the best, attacking left-back in the league at the moment.

Should have really been 5 - 0 at one point. Nervous ending, but we held on for a deserved 3 points.

Come on you Spurs!

Trust us to put in our worst performance when we needed one the most.
All round shocking performance. Cech was the only one who played well and saved us from the result becoming embaressing.

Bale & Dawson were brilliant and Spurs deserved it.
Let's hope they can carry this form on and beat United ;)

Spurs you can have the weekend off next weekend. save yourselfs for city.

I think United will win it now. We'll turn them over at home like we done last year. Hopefully Tottenham will make United drop some points as well, keeping the race tight.

Spurs you can have the weekend off next weekend. save yourselfs for city.

:)

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

well done spuds good result terry now banned for next game albeit stoke but still atleast the race is still on till the end!(H)

I think that next weekend is the only time us north london fans are supporting each other at the same time??? No doubt we want Arsenal to beat City and no doubt the gooners want us to beat United!!

I think that that Lampard goal may have won the title for us. You never know. That goal might have been the winner in the title race

I think that that Lampard goal may have won the title for us. You never know. That goal might have been the winner in the title race

I still can't believe it finished only 2 - 1. It should have been another 9 - 1 drubbing, ala Wigan.

Haha, epic. I heard the result down the pub as did my United mates and we got a bit loud cheering about it. Bouncers kicked my mates out but left me at the bar alone (get in!) >_>

I'm not getting carried away mind, Chelsea still have the advantage imho.

Your welcome, but dont get to excited yet fella, your next on our radar! ;)

hopefully because you lot have put a dent in our title bid but hopefully can make up for it even a draw would be good enough for chelsea if we can beat stoke :D

hopefully because you lot have put a dent in our title bid but hopefully can make up for it even a draw would be good enough for chelsea if we can beat stoke :D

Key game for you is the Liverpool game....win that then it's yours!

half of me is worried about spurs, but then i remember how dismal they are at old trafford. and to be fair bale will not be afforded half the space he was given against chelsea. he'll likely be up against O'Shea, covered by valencia/park

whens chelsea liverpool?

half of me is worried about spurs, but then i remember how dismal they are at old trafford. and to be fair bale will not be afforded half the space he was given against chelsea. he'll likely be up against O'Shea, covered by valencia/park

whens chelsea liverpool?

chelsea liverpool is in a couple of weeks i think we got stoke next then liverpool after so yeah proberly a few weeks

whens chelsea liverpool?

I remember when the Chelsea fans were sure their defenders would deal with Bale.

It didn't end well.

I remember when the Chelsea fans were sure their defenders would deal with Bale.

It didn't end well.
our right side works incredibly hard when it comes to tracking back and defending, probably more so than any other team. i gotta say though, spurs beat two good teams and suddenly they think they're invincible. if the spurs team are half as complacent as you are you'll get beat.

spurs are ina great little run of form, but they up against a united side who are very good at home, who know what it takes to win these games and have got the title firmly in their sights, not mentioning spurs woeful OT record. you'll find that uniteds defence wont be as suicidal as chelseas (terry) or lackadasical like arsenals, not to mention our own left back, arguably the best in the business alongside ashley cole.

our right side works incredibly hard when it comes to tracking back and defending, probably more so than any other team. i gotta say though, spurs beat two good teams and suddenly they think they're invincible. if the spurs team are half as complacent as you are you'll get beat.

spurs are ina great little run of form, but they up against a united side who are very good at home, who know what it takes to win these games and have got the title firmly in their sights, not mentioning spurs woeful OT record. you'll find that uniteds defence wont be as suicidal as chelseas (terry) or lackadasical like arsenals, not to mention our own left back, arguably the best in the business alongside ashley cole.

I'm not complacent. I honestly don't believe we'll get anything there, but that doesn't mean Bale will be easy to deal with.

Back