Tottenham vs Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter Frutty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 150
  • Views Views 7K
bales on a rich vain of form and i hope and belive it could continue.

It was a great game but the stadium felt empty compared to the Arsenal game, there were so few seats remaining at arsenal, but there were like 4 near me?

Come on 4th for spurs!

I only like them because I used to play for them.

I'm not complacent. I honestly don't believe we'll get anything there, but that doesn't mean Bale will be easy to deal with.
im not saying he will be, but he wont get the space given to him y chelsea. when you are up against a tricy quick player like bale is importnat for the winger to track back and help double up, forcing him back, to pass back, or take the ball. joe cole didnt track back far enough, and ferriera was getting isolated and destroyed. like i said before valencia and particularly park do a LOT of tracking back, and he wont get that kind of space, he will have to work a lot harder

modric got away with too much from deco, who was just a passenger in that game, had that been essien that particular battle would have been very different, but it shows just how good a game thudd and modric had as a pair against 3 in the middle. our midfield three arent as good attacking-wise as chelsea's, but we're better defensively

im not saying he will be, but he wont get the space given to him y chelsea. when you are up against a tricy quick player like bale is importnat for the winger to track back and help double up, forcing him back, to pass back, or take the ball. joe cole didnt track back far enough, and ferriera was getting isolated and destroyed. like i said before valencia and particularly park do a LOT of tracking back, and he wont get that kind of space, he will have to work a lot harder

modric got away with too much from deco, who was just a passenger in that game, had that been essien that particular battle would have been very different, but it shows just how good a game thudd and modric had as a pair against 3 in the middle. our midfield three arent as good attacking-wise as chelsea's, but we're better defensively

It'll be interesting to see. If you manage to lock down Bale and Modric, then we'll struggle at creating anything and might have to resort to Crouch-style long ball.

As you said though, Modric and Huddlestone had a brilliant game playing in the centre against Chelsea. Palacios was suspended, but is available against United. I'm not sure if I'd like to put him back in as that'd mean Bale would be pushed back to LB.

Not necessarily Billy, it could just mean Bentley is dropped and Modric goes wide right?

But Bale back to LB is probably more accurate.

Not necessarily Billy, it could just mean Bentley is dropped and Modric goes wide right?

But Bale back to LB is probably more accurate.

I've not seen Modric play wide-right before, and I wouldn't say United at OT is a good match to experiment on.

Though I also thought that about Danny Rose against Arsenal, so who knows. I'd like Bale to remain in left-midfield though.

Back