Trabzonspor Vs Liverpool 2nd leg

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
ESPN 6:30
Liverpool take on Turkish side Trabzonspor for the second leg of their Europa League qualifying play-off tie without seven first-team players.
The Reds take a slender 1-0 lead into the game after a victory at Anfield in the first leg, and were in control of much of the opening affair last week.
However, Roy Hodgson's men were comfortably beaten 3-0 by Manchester City on Monday and will find things much more difficult against the Turkish outfit on their home patch.
Captain Gerrard is out with a back problem while Torres will not be risked for a third successive game following his recent fitness problems.
Both are expected to return for Sunday's Premier League fixture with West Brom but it will be interesting to see how Liverpool cope without their big guns.
Defender Daniel Agger is still suffering from mild concussion and will not play, while Maxi Rodriguez is missing with illness.
Wantaway midfielder Mascherano who has been targeted by both Inter Milan and Barcelona, did not play against City earlier in the week and has not flown to Turkey as his transfer saga drags on.
Milan Jovanovic has been rested and new signing Danny Wilson is also omitted from the squad, while Joe Cole and Christian Poulsen could return to the starting line-up.

Won't be easy, but I say we'll go through, just. 0-0

i think pool will do it, but i think the game will end 1-1

I think a 1-1 draw, with Liverpool through.

Trabzonspor looked really good against Fernebache in the turkish league, their keeper was a bit **** but the rest of the team looked really strong.. I can see a Turkish win because of Liverpool's injuries.

I think Liverpool might find it a bit hard due to the unfamiliar surroundings and the numerous injuries to key players... looks to me at 1-1

The optimist in me says we win by a goal. The realist in me says we barely scrape through with a 1-1 draw. While my pessimistic side says we lose 5-0 with red cards for Lucas and Agger.

The optimist in me says we win by a goal. The realist in me says we barely scrape through with a 1-1 draw. While my pessimistic side says we lose 5-0 with red cards for Lucas and Agger.
Agger's not gone

Got the feeling of a Liverpool 2-0 win for some reason right now

My head says we will struggle

My heart says we will scrape through.

Last edited:
Team here@
Joe Cole returns to the starting XI for tonight's Europa League clash in Trabzonspor
The midfielder is one of five changes to the side that lost at Manchester City with Christian Poulsen, Fabio Aurelio, Sotirios Kyrgiakos and Martin Kelly all involved.
The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Aurelio, Lucas, Poulsen, Kuyt, Cole, Ngog. Subs: Gulacsi, Pacheco, Babel, Spearing, Shelvey, Skrtel, Eccleston.

The team dosnt look as bad as i had feared it would be, although id have selected Aurelio as left back and Babel as a left mid. Havent felt pre match nerves like this for a while.

Come on lads ynwa!

The team dosnt look as bad as i had feared it would be, although id have selected Aurelio as left back and Babel as a left mid. Havent felt pre match nerves like this for a while.

Come on lads ynwa!
Aurelio has been good when he's played in the midfield. All his best attributes make a good midfielder. Agree with you on Babel playing some part though, hope Pacheco plays at some point.

Trabzonspor 1-2 Liverpool

N'gog and Skrtel to score.

Yeah i hope Pacheco plays some part tonight as well, his pace and ability to run at defenders would be great towards last 15 minutes when Trabzonspor are tired and chasing the goal. Hope Ngog can get another goal or two tonight. Interesting Roy has just said Babel is trying to knock Ngog out the team, is that Roy saying he sees Babel more as a striker than a winger?

Yeah i hope Pacheco plays some part tonight as well, his pace and ability to run at defenders would be great towards last 15 minutes when Trabzonspor are tired and chasing the goal. Hope Ngog can get another goal or two tonight. Interesting Roy has just said Babel is trying to knock Ngog out the team, is that Roy saying he sees Babel more as a striker than a winger?
Babel isn't a winger. Babel is a striker that hates playing on the wing.

Well THAT wasn't meant to happen. 1-0 Trabzonspor

Last edited:
1-0 Trabzonspor, Kuyt giving the ball away much too easily :S