Trabzonspor Vs Liverpool 2nd leg

Until we have new owners with the cash to go out & actually compete in the transfer market, every game we play is going to be a potential banana skin for us. We're just an average team at mo. :'(

Anyone else think Liverpool might be giving this tie up to concentrate on the league because any European campaign will just hinder there league position imo.

Anyone else think Liverpool might be giving this tie up to concentrate on the league because any European campaign will just hinder there league position imo.
Well we'll be lucky to finish top 7, so I don't see the point in giving this up

Not good enough. It isn't the system or Roy, the players have been awful out there. Granted the pitch and the weather isn't ideal but Trabzonspor only have 3/4 decent players and we should not be 1-0 down against them, no matter how good their record is at home. Thank **** I never went.

images

Some glimpses of what I think Mr.Hodgson was hoping for, but our back four is once again sooooooo deep that we're having to play through their whole team and when they press, we're reduced to hoofball by default.

Joyless stuff in the main.

"Trabzonspor is probably a bigger away challenge than any of the teams Fulham faced en route to the final .. " according to the commentator.

Rofl

"Trabzonspor is probably a bigger away challenge than any of the teams Fulham faced en route to the final .. " according to the commentator.

Rofl

Juve - awful team. ;)

In fairness Trabzonspor aren't a bad side. It's not an easy tie but we're making them look a lot better than they are.

It's not a nice place to go, in all fairness. But they definitely aren't as good as Juventus lol

Trabzonspor are confident after their great display against Fernebache .... hardly a bad team to be fair.

Pacheco on for Aurelio.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

1-1! Own goal.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Babel comes on for N'gog.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

2-1 :D Kuyt finishes it off and it's game over now.

Thought Kelly had an excellent game.

Once we started to push up, yes we were open to the through ball, but we were so much more threatening. Is this deliberate by Mr.Hodgson? Judging from his anger I'd say that we aren't meant to be defending that deep every first half and he's launching rockets at the centrebacks at half-time to get them to push up. Odd stuff.

And Pacheco... he might be a bit good one day as we've suspected for a long time.

Job done. Nice one.

Thought Kelly had an excellent game.

Once we started to push up, yes we were open to the through ball, but we were so much more threatening. Is this deliberate by Mr.Hodgson? Judging from his anger I'd say that we aren't meant to be defending that deep every first half and he's launching rockets at the centrebacks at half-time to get them to push up. Odd stuff.

And Pacheco... he might be a bit good one day as we've suspected for a long time.

Job done. Nice one.
they're naturally dropping back in order not to be exposed by lack of pace perhaps?

I tell you what everytime Kelly has played hes looked very good, definetly think he could be a replacement for Carragher in the future. Pacheco looked lively when he came on would love to see him get some more time. Ngog looked better in the second half. Im pleased we are through now its time to concentrate on West Brom on Sunday.

Martin Kelly has never put in a bad performance for Liverpool, and most of the time he has been played out of position, good prospect. Pacheco came on and did well, adding a new spark and some energy. Thought Glen Johnson was awful unfortunately. N'gog played well again, really improving.

All in all pleased at full-time although the first half was a different story. Hopefully we can start focusing on the League a bit now.