Traditional 4-3-3 (1 DM and 2 on the wing) Dominant season 33-4-1 134 Goals For

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I made a couple adjustments to a tactic that was created by user anjanthebe on this forum which can be found here. It is heavily based on Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool. Most of my adjustments are my own interpretations of how Liverpool play, but anjanthebe laid out an excellent foundation, and I would highly recommend reading about his tactic as he put out an incredibly in-depth write-up.

Also, as a forewarning, I put myself and a buddy in through the editor as it adds to my enjoyment of the save. I have blacked our names out in my screenshots.

The Formation, Roles, and Instructions:

I've only made a couple adjustments from his tactic which I will outline now and give my reasons for in a minute.
Advanced Playmaker (A) > Mezzala (A) (The angels are attack duty lol)
Both Central Defenders (D) > BPD (D)
Wing Back (S) > Wing Back (D) on right only
View attachment 71524
I changed the most advanced midfielder from an Advanced Playmaker to a Mezzala because this is the role that Coutinho often played in the first half of the season. Klopp often described him as a Wide 10, which I believe is the entire purpose of the midfield Mezzala role. Operating in the half-spaces between the midfield and defensive lines of the opposition, sometimes central, sometimes wide. This then allows the wide forward to act in a more dangerous fashion centrally.

My thoughts behind changing the central defenders to ball playing defenders lies in my thoughts on Klopp's own central defenders. A lot of Liverpool's buildup play comes through the central defenders. They often play balls into the wide channels, step up into midfield with the ball, and play pinpoint passes to Liverpool's more advanced midfielders. I wanted to give my own central defenders the same freedom.

My decision to change my right-back to defensive duty stems mainly from wanting more defensive stability, and also due to the players at my disposal. The defensive duty helps to ensure I have three players back after prolonged periods of possession where the support duty could potentially sneak up beyond the midfielders. It also mirrors how Liverpool play when Joe Gomez has slotted in at right back this season.

My changes to anjanthebe's team instructions stem from my interpretations of Liverpool's current system. I've added the following team instructions:
Play out of Defense
Work Ball into Box
Be More Expressive
Roam From Positions
Use Tighter Marking (I don't think Liverpool play with this, however I'm liking how it's working within my tactic)
and lastly, I changed the width from Narrow to Fairly Narrow.

These all generally stem from similar ideas as previously mentioned and they are all pretty self explanatory, so I'm not going to write them out just to pretend I have more to say.

Results:

View attachment 71522
View attachment 1141429
View attachment 1141423 View attachment 1141424
View attachment 1141425 View attachment 1141426
View attachment 1141427

As you can see, some very fun and convincing results in there. A 10-0 against Man City, who have spent an immense amount of money in my save. A 10-3 aggregate against Arsenal. A lot of 4+ goal games as well.

I didn't really go out and plan to make a tactic worth uploading, but these results were just too crazy not to share with you all. I highly encourage you to make your own tweaks, and feel free to ask any questions!

It looks like some of my attachments aren't working properly, so here is an imgur album with all my relevant screenshots.

Last edited:
Those are some crazy matches!! 10-0 Vs City

Can you upload the tactic please.

Any screenshots of your team? Who you signed and how the goals came about?

ok, thanks gonna see how it gets on. what about training ?

I would recommend using your own sense for that. I do fitness in preseason, tactics if I'm making adjustments, team cohesion if I make some signings, and attacking or balanced otherwise, but really it's just whatever I feel like doing.

There's definitely a better guide somewhere else for training if you're looking for something in depth.

My signings are the first two images in the imgur album I provided, and my team is not much further down.

Is this what you're looking for when referencing how the goals came about?
View attachment 1141416View attachment 1141415

This is good. Thanks!

One more question -> I saw the album on the link, but the screenshot of who scored the goals was blanked out by the tactic instructions. Can you share the screenshot of tactic formation with players?

The forum has auto save if I am correct, in the the posting box there should come option to restore what you previously written. Just heads up next time.

Thanks.

Is there a reason you've blacked out your Striker? Also your DM? A bit odd that...

Judging by the values and that there is very little USA talent worth $60M, i would assume he has created himself and a friend as players, so is hiding real names

it makes you wonder what else did he add to that save and the authenticity of those result..

but saying that, i am testing it with valencia as i`m writting this and have to say the football shown is pleasing to the eye and the results are good aswell..

it makes you wonder what else did he add to that save and the authenticity of those result..

but saying that, i am testing it with valencia as i`m writting this and have to say the football shown is pleasing to the eye and the results are good aswell..

Can you upload your results after like 5 matches?

Could you please share your results on the tactic?