Traditional 4-3-3 (1 DM and 2 on the wing) Dominant season 33-4-1 134 Goals For

nice to see classic 433 tactic. i think its very fit to napoli.

Started a save with Liverpool.

Transfers in - Gelson Martin, De Vrij.

In September and it has been a hit and miss. Smashed teams off the park during the friendlies.

Played 6 in the league. Beat United at home 1-0. Lost to Newcastle away. Was hammered. 3-0

2 + 1 in the Champions league. Beat Hoffenheim over 2 legs 6-4 on aggregate and beat Sevilla 2-0 at home.

OIs to the AM.

Firmino just does not get in the game at all. He is always getting a 6.6 or below. Goals have come from Coutinho and Mane.

Will stick with it till December and then take a call.

Having played on till January and having watched the games on extended; tactic just does not work for me.

Playing as Liverpool and the defence in away games is virtually non existent. The false 9 doesn't score enough/ get involved in the game.

Sadly will have to keep looking for a 4-1-2-2-1

Started with Liverpool and decided to give this a go.

From the get-go, I realized the succes here lies with the Mezalluna (Or whatever it's called/spelled), the inside forwards, the false nine and the pace of the center backs.

A lot of chances my opponent creates comes from balls in behind so slow defenders won't catch up.

Furthermore, a Mezalluna and False Nine who create nothing will kill your chances in a game.

While looking good in pre-season, I haven't had aproper test yet so I can't judge to much still. However, throughout the years, I've had bad experiences with False Nines, as they never get in the game for me or go on insane goal droughts, no matter how good. (And I've had Dybala and he's a beast for like 3 editions in a row.)

That said, wondering if a deep-lying forward would work and might try it sometime. (With the Inside Forwards at support, maybe.) A ball-winning midfielder also could be nice for big games. (Again, haven't had those yet so don't know if it would be necessary.)

try setting inside forwards to sit narrow
and if your false 9 isnt playing well complete forward on support works

Playing as Everton, first season. The only signings I've made (having sold a fair amount of players) are Tonelli, Gaya and Dolberg. Dolberg has been on fire as the false 9 and I've lost 1 game so far! Good job!

View attachment 71108

I'm still winning but ... i'm not good at the defence with this tac. I'm playing BVB. Any advise?

I'm still winning but ... i'm not good at the defence with this tac. I'm playing BVB. Any advise?

I would definitely recommend having pacy centerbacks. Playing with a high line and using offside traps can lead to about an error a game depending on the players, and pace can often make up for it. You could also shift the left back into a more defensive role. The combination works on the right, so I'd assume it would work on the left as well.

Thank you very much for your tactics Merrychristmas. I'm tired of tactics with 3 scorers, I prefer realistic tactics like yours. I tried the 4 2 3 1 Shaolin v5 on the topic ChickenWings from China but I greatly prefer your tactics. As you can see from the screenshots, I am very successful with Marseille in French Divison 1 and I am currently leader of the championship, 10 consecutive wins and even 9 against 11 for 50 minutes I managed to win . A pleasure to watch play, a lot of possession, the wingers are very important and nothing better than Kasper Dolberg in False Nine. What do you use as a Match Preparation? I am in Attack Movement if you have a better idea I am a taker.
I recommend this tactic to anyone who prefers realistic tactics.

View attachment 68875

Thank you very much for your tactics Merrychristmas. I'm tired of tactics with 3 scorers, I prefer realistic tactics like yours. I tried the 4 2 3 1 Shaolin v5 on the topic ChickenWings from China but I greatly prefer your tactics. As you can see from the screenshots, I am very successful with Marseille in French Divison 1 and I am currently leader of the championship, 10 consecutive wins and even 9 against 11 for 50 minutes I managed to win . A pleasure to watch play, a lot of possession, the wingers are very important and nothing better than Kasper Dolberg in False Nine. What do you use as a Match Preparation? I am in Attack Movement if you have a better idea I am a taker.
I recommend this tactic to anyone who prefers realistic tactics.

View attachment 1144465

I also use Attacking Movement as my pre-match training! I feel like it emphasizes the tactics strengths, so I went with that over the defensive ones. Very happy to hear about your excellent results!

I played a great season with BVB, unfortunately only to the decisive part. Suddenly, the players have forgotten how to play. The tragic defense, the ineffective attack.

I changed my club to Manchester City. Despite decent results, I can not be satisfied. Ineffectiveness is unbelievable. My players are wasting four or five easy chances to match, a rival is enough ALWAYS one or two. Losing goals in the end is also a standard. Any tips on how to improve the effectiveness of finishing? It is possible that this is the weakness of the FM18, maybe it's trouble with this tac.

Still the same. Almost every game. It's not important that i've got 10 or 30 shots - 2 goals. Opponent? 2 shots, 1-2 goals.
Worst version of the series, especially after update.

Goals up to 30 minutes are almost impossible, no matter how many shots. A season earlier, they finished almost everything. Same tac, but now i've got better team.

Look at this games.

Last edited:
thanks for the tactic.

how shall we play when we face stronger opponents ? any tweaks necessary ?

thank you.