Nffcgem91

Reaction score
Hi I'd Like to tell you a bit about my self first, I have been playing football manager since 2010. I am a Nottingham Forest season ticket holder and have been for many years. My Name is Gemma Smith, I'm football mad. After playing football manager for many years and reading a lot of football books and watching football programmes I would like to think I know my stuff! I have always been a fan of non-league management. Start from the bottom and work your way up. So I thought I'd like to do a manager story from a females point of view. I have read many stories on here and a lot of them have inspired me to do my own story, My favourite being the Lincoln City Story. So here goes lets see how my managing career goes. Feedback would be much appreciated.

View attachment 183374

Tranmere Rovers

Breaking News Rovers Hire Gemma Smith as manager

Name: Gemma Smith
Favourite team: Nottingham forest
Coaching Qualifications: Continental C Licence (Experience based on Tranmere)

Overview of Tranmere rovers FC

Full Name: Tranmere Rovers Football Club
Nicknames: Super White Army, Rovers
Founded: 1884, 132 years ago as Belmont FC
Ground: Prenton Park
Capacity: 16,567
Chairman: Mark Palios

Last edited:
My Managerial profile

View attachment 180691

Pre season/ August

After reviewing the squad, I knew I had to bring in new additions into the squad. I knew I couldn't afford a lot due to the clubs loan debt. So I headed into the loan market. I always like to start from the back a solid defence is key for me. Firstly I had a look at what players I had and realised not many of them were good enough for a first team start so I headed straight into the loan market, I knew that some of the current player would be used as good back up players.

My first signing was definitely a right back as Rovers first 2 right backs just were ok but not strong enough. I did like the looks of Richie Sutton and would use him as rotational right back. But he had no potential to grow past his current ability. I looked at quite a few youngsters and experienced older players within league 1 and championship sides and one right back caught my eye.

MICHAEL SMITH

I have loaned him from Peterborough, his stats, current ability and age, made me think he will fit straight in at right back.

View attachment 180690

Next I had a look at the back 2 and I knew I wanted a solid defence, Just to tell you I kept the first choice keeper Iain Turner. I was quite pleased with a few of the CB its just going to be a case of rotating to see which ones will keep there places so ill be looking at them closely in pre season matches I have loaned 2 CB.

MATHIAS BOSSAERTS

A 19 year old Belgian Centre back I have loaned from Manchester City, He has the ability to be first team. But will rotate him due to his age and not a great deal of experience in first team football.

View attachment 180688

TOM BEADLING

Another young 19 year old Australian that I have loaned from Sunderland, he also has the potential to be a first team player. I will be using he as a backup too.

View attachment 180687

ROGER RIERA

Another youngster 20 year old Spanish CB I loaned from Nottingham Forest. I will definitely use him as backup in case any of the first team get injured.

View attachment 180686

Next I needed a left back as backup to the first team again I have opted for youth I feel its a good way for youngster from higher clubs to show their ability.

MATTY FOULDS

A 17 year old Left back on loan from Bury. His current and potential ability will be something I will look at in pre season, to maybe earn him a place as our first choice left back.

View attachment 180685

I then had a look what I had in the middle and what wingers I had too, some of my midfield loans and strikers I got in were ones I read on other peoples stories and reading the success they have had with them players this excited me to see how they would progress in my Tranmere side.

SAMUEL KARI FRIOJONSSON

Another Youngster 19 year old Icelandic defensive Midfielder. I brought this young lad in after reading someone's story and him being influential for their side. He is on loan from Reading.

View attachment 180684

PELLY RUDDOCK

After reading many stories and noticing a lot of people brought this guy into their side and him making a great impact I thought I wanted to see what all the fuss is about. At 21 years old I feel this lad has a lot to offer. I have loaned him from Luton. He will slot nicely in the CM role along side Steve Jennings Tranmere's captain he should link up pretty well with Jennings.

View attachment 180683

HARRY PANAYIOTOU

A 20 year old Kittian and Nevisian Attacking midfielder looks decent as a backup player to the first squad as Tranmere don't have many attacking midfield players. He can also play as a striker aswell. I have loaned him from Leicester.

View attachment 180681

I kept the 2 wingers that were already at Tranmere as both looked like decent wingers, James Norwood and Jake Kirby. Next I looked at the strikers Tranmere had 2 pretty decent strikers in Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Andy Mangan, but I wanted 2 more for backup just in case injuries happen.

TYLER WALKER

I brought him in on my own accordance with me being a fellow red. I know how well he's improving as a player at our club and I thought with the right guidance I could make him a brilliant player. Of course I have loaned him from Nottingham Forest.

View attachment 180680

JAMIE THOMAS

A 18 year old Welsh striker that I have loaned from Bolton. After this lad having major success in Godfish93 Lincoln story i went and had a look at him as soon as he mentioned him his stats are great and he will fit in great with the experienced strikers. A little guidance from the experienced strikers and I feel this lad has the potential to be a quality player.

View attachment 180679

I like to have a fairly big selection in case of injuries or under performing players. I like to have a wide range of players to choose from as well.

So let's see how I got on in pre season....

So my first game in management was away at Brackley Town. I let my assistant arrange all the friendlies as I wanted to have a look at the team sort out individual training and match preparation. I also wanted to put my tactics in place what I am going to use for the season ahead (depending on results). My style of play is a standard 4-4-2, Attacking and Fluid. with a back up tactics of 4-1-2-2-1 and a defensive tactic of 5-4-1 if I am struggling defensively.

So onto Brackley I go a game I was odds on favourites to win with them being 1 division lower than us. I was very pleased with the teams performance. We then got the first goal in the 67th minute through Pelly Ruddock with a brilliant volley on the edge of the area. 2 minutes later Tyler walker struck from close range to put us 2-0 up this was the game already won.

Next game we headed away again to Bath City again another game we were odds on favourites to win with them being 1 division lower than us. It was definitely a game where the strikers linked up well together. We had a lot of shots on goal which totalled up to to 26 shots, but could only convert 2 of them the first coming in the 3rd minute when Jamie Thomas ran with the ball from the half way line to smash the ball in the back of the net. The second came in injury time of the first half from a corner which James Norwood whipped in a lovely cross from the right hand side which found the head of Tyler walker.

Next was a home game against Newcastle U21's a much tougher game as Newcastle's youth set up will be quality. We went in front after 3 minutes when Tyler Walker controlled a brilliant cross from Jake Kirby inside the area and hit it in the roof of the net. We then went 2-0 up with another goal from Tyler walker this time was a few yards out. Newcastle made an awful back pass which Tyler walker tapped in. Newcastle did get a goal back on the 66th minute, but we were just to good today.

Last game of pre season was away at Didcot Town one we definitely was favourites for this one with them being a lot lower than us. We went ahead after 15 minutes with an own goal. We then doubled our lead on 27th minute through James Norwood which saw his cross fly into the top corner. Right on half time Didcot did get a goal back. But on the 59th minute James Norwood grabbed his second with a 30 yard screamer. We ended the match on 33 shots.

So after looking at pre season I was rearing to go into my first competitive game of the campaign.

I am going to post the season match by match to give you a detailed look of how things went. I just wanted pre season to be quick and short.

On to the league.....

Thank you I have a lot to post just got to edit it feed back would be appreciated as this is my first Football manager story I have shared :)

Great layout and a good start!

Looking forward to reading this one. Good luck!

Here I was about to go into my first competitive match of my campaign I was so excited. After talking to the media I was rearing to go.

The first match was at home against Woking, we will start the match 4-4-2, attacking and fluid.

Here's how we will line up for the first game.

GK: Iain Turner - This was an easy choice for me as he impressed and made some crucial saves during pre season which tipped him to start ahead of Scott Davies.

RB: Michael Smith - I brought this guy in to play there and that's what he will do. We do have a backup in Richie Sutton but due to his age he doesn't have the potential to grow. Smith's stats were way above Sutton's so there was no doubt here.

CB: Mathias Bossaerts - I was going to start this lad for his current and potential ability it was a class above what we already have. We have back ups in Liam Ridehalgh, Marcus Holness, Roger Riera and Liam Hogan.

CB: Tom Beadling - Again I was going to pick this lad based on experience. He looks very solid for the back and he impressed me is pre season with last ditch tackles.

LB: Matty Foulds - This was a tough decision as we do have a decent left back in Matthew Hill, however the stats of this young lad really did it for gaining him a first team start. If he doesn't have a quick impact Matthew Hill will be his replacement.

RM: James Norwood - This was an easy choice as we don't have that many wingers to choose from and after the pre season this lad had. With an assist in nearly all the pre season matches there was no doubt he wasn't going to be starting the season.

CM: Pelly Ruddock - This was a hard decision as Samuel Friojonnsson stats were alot better than this lad. Ruddock did have an impressive pre season. So I gave him the nod to start the first match. If performances drop then Friojonnsson or Panayiotou will come in to replace him. Ruddock will play as the Box to Box midfielder.

CM: Steve Jennings - His experience will definitely help the young the midfield out. He is also the club captain. He has a 4 star current ability and a lot experience. He will play as the defensive midfielder with the roll of Ball Winning Midfielder which is well suited for him.

LM: Jake Kirby - This young lad has the pace and experience to run the left wing I'm hoping he is going to link up well with Matty Foulds and form a good partnership on that wing. It was obvious he was going to start as he's the only lad I have for the left side. I may look to bring in another left winger as back up.

ST: Tyler Walker - The strikers picked them selves really as both of them had an impressive pre season. I know both are very young but I do have experienced strikers in Andy Mangan and Gary Taylor- Fletcher that can step in at any time to help the youth out. Tyler will play the advanced forward roll.

ST: Jamie Thomas - Again he was going to get the starting shirt for the same reason Tyler walker did. Jamie's Pace will allow him the run round defenders. He will play the role of Poacher.

This was definitely a game we could win. Within 3 minutes Steve Jennigs played a lovely through ball to Jamie Thomas who ran past one defender and struck the ball in the back of the net which sent the home fans crazy. It was then a case of hanging onto the lead when Woking threw everything at us. A brilliant team display kept us in front. The sad news came in the 79th minute when Marlon Jackson came on to replace the injured James Norwood who had an out standing match.

View attachment 169208

Sadly it was bad news and we lost James Norwood for 6 weeks!

Next we headed away to Gateshead this was always going to be a tough game as they are challenging for a play off spot as well. The question was who was I going to replace the injured James Norwood with, it was Marlon Jackson that I gave a first start to. Boy was this one **** of a game the first 20 minutes Gateshead dominated the match totally 12 shots on goal I was not happy at all. I told them to tighten up and concentrate. But then is the 38th minute we was awarded a corner, Jake Kirby swung in the corner which fell to Pelly Ruddock's feet that he slotted it in the bottom corner. After a few stern words at half time we came out and bossed the second half Ruddock grabbing a second. Before Tyler Walker headed in the 3rd. Jake Kirby gained 3 assist which handed him a MOTM performance.

View attachment 169207

Next up we headed away to Braintree this was an action packed game. We had a lot of possession and a lot of chances to go in front early. The first goal came after 13 minutes when Jamie Thomas got us in front with a brilliant 25 yard shot that flew straight in the top corner. Jamie Thomas grabbed his second on the 39th minute when the keeper dropped a lovely free kick from Jake Kirby and Thomas tapped in. Braintree then replied minutes later to make it 2-1. But then in the 75th minute Pelly Ruddock was brought down in the area and we was awarded a penalty. Which Tom Beadling (Yes a defender) converted it in the top left corner. Ruddock had to go off injured.

View attachment 169235

More Bad news come our way with Pelly Ruddock ruled out for a month now!

With the teams morale high after three straight wins we were confident heading into our next match. I brought Samuel Friojonnsson in to replace the injured Pelly Ruddock. This was a home tie we should win against Halifax and we did with Tyler Walker scoring from close range right before half time. Then in the 65th minute Samuel Friojonnsson got sent off with an awful two footed challenge. We did manage to hold onto the lead.

View attachment 169224

Next was another home tie against a very strong Boreham Wood team. In comes Harry Panaylotou for his first start of the season to replace the suspended Samuel Friojonnsson. This was a very end to end game with chances at both ends this could have gone either way, but luckily it was us that found the net on the 7th minute when Panaylotou long through ball found the feet of Tyler Walker for him to run one on one with keeper and slot it past him. In the second half I brought Jamie Thomas off who was looking very tired and brought on Andy Mangan for his first start, with him then going off injured after 7 minutes of being on the pitch.

View attachment 169222

Next match was Altrincham away a team that are predicted to finish in the bottom half. We were odds on favourite for this. Not much to say about this one apart from things went from bad to worse conceding six goals, Yes six!
We did get a goal back through Harry Panaylotou but it was to late with being 4-1 down at half time. Onto the next game.

View attachment 169221

Hopefully this match we can get back to winning ways with a home game against Kidderminster. Kidderminster started the better team and went 1-0. I thought heads had dropped after the 6-1 defeat. Then in the 43rd minute Jamie Thomas was brought down in the area and we was awarded a penalty. Thomas to take the penalty and he struck it down the middle. This did level the game up a little with us coming forward more in the second half. I made a change and brought Panaylotou off and brought Lois Maynard on and what a sub it was after being on the pitch 2 minutes Maynard grabbed the winner with a brilliant free kick out side the area.

View attachment 169218

We did have some good news on deadline day as we brought in a right winger for the injured James Norwood.

Eusebio Bancessi:
A 20 year old winger on loan from Wolves, his pace and natural fitness gives us hope that he can boss the right wing.
View attachment 169212

Player of the month

After looking on the month as a whole two players stood out for player of the month but I think based on performances and rating I have to give it to Jamie Thomas who claimed 4 goals in 6 matches.

August's Preview

View attachment 169211

All in all a pretty good month despite the loss the Atrincham.

League Table

I have only got the first three matches but the rest I will post month by month.

View attachment 169210

Last edited:
SEPTEMBER

On to September I go the whole squad was rearing to go after having a good winning run in August the morale was high, players were well rested as there was an international break.

First game to kick off the new month off was a home tie against Chester, we did get Mangan back from injury so that was a plus and Bancessi came straight in to the team on the right wing. He went straight into the 18 starting on the bench. Chester out played us first half we couldn't get near them. Then after 33 minutes they went 1-0 up through George Thomson. Things got even worse when they went 2-0 up in the space of 5 minutes. We went in at half time 2-0 down. I had to change things around and took off Tyler Walker who was having a shocker of a game and brought on Andy Mangan within a minute of him being on the pitch he pulled a goal back for us with a curled shot just outside the area. This level the game up massively then in the 85th minute Mangan grabbed a second. I see it as a good point as we didn't deserve anything we played awful.

View attachment 166937

Next up was an away trip at Southport a game we should have definitely won unfortunately this wasn't the case. The whole team switched off we created very little chances and only one player managed to get a rating over 7.0 being Panaylotou earning him MOTM. We conceded very early on within 19 minutes and that killed the game there was just no effort.

View attachment 166936

Well the next game away at Grimsby didn't get much better either and heads really have dropped after loosing to Southport, after making a few changes. I decided to give Roger Riera his first start of the season and dropped Tom Beadling after picking up a slight knock. This was a game to forget. Grimsby went 1-0 up after 37 minutes through Pádraig Amond (A player I hate playing against he always scores) then 10 minutes later Amond put Grimsby 2-0. Mangan had a terrible game with an average of 5.9, I took him off and brought Tyler walker on but this didn't make much difference. Grimsby grabbed another goal late on through Omar Bogle. Things have got to change next match to ensure our heads don't completely drop.

View attachment 166935

A home game to Alder shot was next on the agenda, It's great to be back at Prenton Park after 2 away defeats. I made a few changes reverting to a 4-5-1 for this match with Jamie Thomas playing as the lone striker this worked really well. We attacked them from start to finish our performance was top class today, we ended the match on 66% possession. We went 1-0 on the 71st minute through Jamie Thomas who capitalised on a short back pass, to run round the keeper and slot it in. We then went 2-0 up 3 minutes later through Steve Jenning who played outstanding today earning him MOTM. Alder shot did pull a goal back on the 83rd minute but we looked too strong for them to score any more.

View attachment 166934

Off to Cheltenham away next I decided to go with the same team as the performance against Aldershot was very good and was keen to keep up the morale. This game was not short of action and we were really unlucky not to win. The game was pretty even up until the 30th minute when Cheltenham were reduced to 10 men when Kyle Storer went in on Steve Jennings with a high 2 footed challenge. We did capitalise on the 10 men as 3 minutes later Jamie Thomas put us 1-0 up. We were well on top, things quickly changed when Pelly Ruddock then got sent off for an awful tackle which resulted in the Cheltenham man being stretched off. Cheltenham then turned the game around and pulled a goal back on the 72nd minute through Elliot Richard who looked a real danger and caused us problems. Things got even worse when Samuel Frojonnsson got sent as well in 89th minute. Cheltenham were quick to reply when Elliott Richard scored the late winner. We were so unlucky.

View attachment 166932

Last game of the month was away at Welling, due to suspensions I had to make 2 changes I reverted back to 4-4-2 and brought in Lois Maynard and stuck Gary Taylor-Fletcher up front to partner Jamie Thomas. This was a very even game with neither side creating much chances. Welling had 2 shots on goal, one of them getting them in front on the 22nd minute through Sahr Kabba who headed in their first corner. We did get a goal back on the 29th minute through Gary Taylor-Fletcher who ran on to a lovely though ball from Steve Jennings, ran 1 on 1 with the keeper and stuck it past him in the bottom right hand corner.

View attachment 166928

Player of the month

This was an easy choice for me. Steve Jennings his experience definitely shone through this month. He ended the month on a average rating of 8.2 he was outstanding gain a few assists too.

September's Preview
So looking at September it was a pretty mixed month of highs and lows.

League Table

The league table doesn't look to bad with us sitting 8th in the table, joint points with the play off contenders and only 6 points off the top.

View attachment 166927

I will be back posting have a lot to post, not had chance as I have moved house but now I am back. New post will be up Saturday.

I have decided to do month to month updates rather than match by match.

October

View attachment 143806

October was a very successful month, there were some solid performances from the whole team. Some of which saw us come back from being 1-0 down I am a little concerned about the amount of goals we conceded that is something I need to work on, with the Wrexham game being the only clean sheet. We also made it to the first round of the FA cup which I was very pleased with.

Player of the month

Jamie Thomas with out a doubt was the stand out player of the month scoring 7 goals in the whole month.
He also gained National League player of the month.

League Table

Unfortunately after loosing things on my laptop i have lost the image
but as you can see from the results we are top of the league.

November

View attachment 143805

November was an excellent month, just one small problem we are still conceding to many goals. We did have some bad news at the end of October we lost Gary Taylor-Fletcher to injury, his replacement was Andy Mangan and he made a massive impact scoring 2 in 4 games. Another really impressive month for Jamie Thomas scoring another 4 goals. We drew Stockport at home in the first round of the FA cup, a nice 3-1 Victory against them saw us through to the second round and an away tie to Grimsby.

Player of the month

Andy Mangan is my player of the month 2 assist and 2 goals in 4 matches gaining him a rating of 7.9 he was definitely the stand out player.

League table

View attachment 143804

As you can see a very successful November onto December.

Feedback would be appreciated as this is my first attempt at a managerial story and would like to know what I can do to improve it.

Layout looks good to me, and you're doing very well so far. Keep it up!

thank you i have just started reading your story yesterday im glued to it but have quite a few pages to get through love your story.

December

View attachment 140332

So a pretty even month in terms of results. I was very pleased to get through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup putting on a goals galore against Grimsby. The next round was an away tie to League 1 Burton Albion. I was very pleased with the the 2 strikers linking up well until Jamie Thomas got injured. So it was time to bring Tyler Walker back into the team and boy did he take his chance scoring 5 in 4. He also got his first hattrick for the club and Tranmere's first of the season. We also made it through to the second round of the FA Trophy. The most disappointing result was the 7-0 defeat away to Braintree it's like the whole team just didn't show up. Again we are conceding to many goals but at the same time we are scoring plenty.

Injuries

Injuries continue to pile up...

View attachment 140330

Player of the month

This is an easy choice as it picks it's self...

View attachment 140331

League table

View attachment 140329

So i'm still top but only just Wrexham are closing in very quickly.

Coaching Badge

There was a good end to the month for me as i gained my continental B Licence.

View attachment 140328

The next few posts i am going to show a few awards around the world and show you how the groups lin up for the euros.

Around the world awards

Team of the year

View attachment 133826

Some decent players here i wouldn't argue with that. The only surprise was Cristiano Ronaldo only made the substitutes.

Player of the year

View attachment 133825

There was no real surprise here though i was shocked again Ronaldo didn't make the top 3. But Messi is just world class.

January

I started the new year on a high and positive note. I sign a contract extension of a year keeping me here till June 2017. I must admit I was quite delighted about this.

View attachment 133761

According to Mark Palios (Chairman) he was delighted too.

View attachment 133760