January

View attachment 133744

A bit of a mixed month. After the brilliant month Tyler Walker had in December I was hoping his form would continue but this wasn't the case. He had a shocker of a month. Luckily we did get Jamie Thomas back from injury and he continue his great partnership with Mangan towards the end of the month. The most dissapointing result of the month was the FA Cup run came to an end, we were so unlucky at the pirelli stadium as we outplayed Burton. We took them to extra time in the second leg but players were getting very tired and just didn't have the stamina to keep going. The most pleasing point of the month was we won in the second round of the FA Trophy.

I did make one addition to the club.

Jorge Grant

21 year old Jorge Grant joins us on loan until the end of the season. He was quite appealing to me, but it was my scouts that recommended me to sign him. He will be cover in the middle of the field.

View attachment 133745

Another pleasing sign was the experienced Goalkeeper Iain Turner signed a new two year contract keeping him at the club until June 2018.

View attachment 133746

My backroom staff informed me of a young striker that has the potenitial to be a quality first team player, so ill be keeping a close eye on him.

View attachment 133742

Player of the month

For me the stand out player was Harry Panayiotou with a month rating of 7.8 he also got us a goal. He was top class for us this month.

League table

View attachment 133741

So i'm still at the top but only just things are getting much harder.

Last edited:
February/March

February

View attachment 133572

As you can see from the results it was an appalling month. I was very disappointed to be knocked out of the FA trophy in the 3rd round to Margate at home. Heads and form has dropped. I do think Jorge Grant made an impact though gaining his first goal for the team in his second appearance. I was pleased with the result against Cheltenham as they have been tough contenders this season.

Player of the month

I could really pick anyone, though I am going to say Jorge Grant as he slotted in really well needed and he also got a goal to his name.

Unfortunately due to having trouble with my laptop I don't have the league table for February.

March

View attachment 133571

March wasn't much better either. We seemed to be performing well against the "tougher teams" and not even showing up for the "weaker teams" due to quite a few injuries I have had to rotate the squad around a lot. Can we turn this round?

Injuries are piling up...

View attachment 133570

Player of the month

This was a tough choice, but based on the fact Steve Jennings got injured Jorge Grant had to step up to control the middle of the field along side Samuel Fridjonsson, he also got a goal against Lincoln earning him goal of the month award.

View attachment 133569

League table

View attachment 133568

So after a disappointing two months we drop down the league. We weren't going to stay top all season as that would be too easy.

Feedback would be appreciated would you like to see more or less of anything?

Doing ok so far, nice to see you giving Grant and Walker a chance! keep it up from a fellow red!

enjoying this. got a Lincoln save on the go at the minute. Finished 3rd first two seasons, winning the playoffs at the second attempt. found inconsistency to be such a problem in this league!

enjoying this. got a Lincoln save on the go at the minute. Finished 3rd first two seasons, winning the playoffs at the second attempt. found inconsistency to be such a problem in this league!

I love the lower league stories, so are you in league 1 or 2 now, i don't like winning every game i like a bit of a challenge.

I love the lower league stories, so are you in league 1 or 2 now, i don't like winning every game i like a bit of a challenge.

me too. I normally do an FM with Leeds first (team I support) and fail. Then a save with a big club to learn the tweaks of the new FM. Then back to Leeds for a successful save. Then an obscure nation (Romania this year, Norway last year). Turns out this year I had time for a Lincoln one this year too.

Just started my 2nd season in League 2, mid table 1st season. I'd like this to be a bit of a journeyman save so looking for a decent sized Championship job asap (Sunderland interviewed me for some reason but I didn't get it)

me too. I normally do an FM with Leeds first (team I support) and fail. Then a save with a big club to learn the tweaks of the new FM. Then back to Leeds for a successful save. Then an obscure nation (Romania this year, Norway last year). Turns out this year I had time for a Lincoln one this year too.

Just started my 2nd season in League 2, mid table 1st season. I'd like this to be a bit of a journeyman save so looking for a decent sized Championship job asap (Sunderland interviewed me for some reason but I didn't get it)

Good luck have you done a story on it?

April

View attachment 133436

This wasn't a bad month. I was very pleased with the 3-0 win to Wrexham and was happy Tyler Walker got his hat trick. I gave a rear first start to Marlon Jackson and he definitely took his chance scoring 2 goal in the month. I was a little disappointed with the 5-2 loss to Grimsby at home, Bancessi came back from injury scoring two goals and came very close in the 71st minute for his hat trick when he saw he shot rattle off the cross bar.

Player of the month

This was a tough choice as either Tyler Walker or Marlon Jackson could earn it. Because he took his chance really well i'm going to give it to Marlon Jackson. He averaged a rating of 8.1 all month. Hopefully he can keep up his performances.

League table

View attachment 133430

Despite the 3-0 win over Wrexham it just wasn't enough for us to finish top, we finish third and will play Cheltenham.

Play off first leg

View attachment 133429

Not exactly the start I had in mind I was gutted all the hard work all season. I don't like playing against Elliott Richards he always tends to score against me.

Play off second leg

View attachment 133423

So I'm staying in the Vanarama National League for the time being. I'm not gonna lie I was pretty gutted especially when we out played Cheltenham in the second leg, with a total of 18 shots on goal.

So I look forward to the new season with Tranmere and hopefully next season will be more successful.

I have a 15 year plan in place for the Premier League and Champions League.

Season awards

View attachment 133422

Pelly Ruddock was really impressive for the whole season, he did play most of the season. Even though he didn't get mentioned much he was consistent through out and at only 21 years old i'm hoping I can keep him next season. Jenning's experience really helped the team in the middle and towards the end of the season linked up well with Jorge Grant.

Season Review

View attachment 133421

Bring on the next season!

Bad luck! in my Lincoln one, 1st season Wrexham won the league and Cheltenham the playoffs. Sure you'll be able to pick up some good freebies

Bad luck! in my Lincoln one, 1st season Wrexham won the league and Cheltenham the playoffs. Sure you'll be able to pick up some good freebies[/Q

hopefully i have had my eye on a few for a while so fingers crossed. Having a change to back room staff as well as I want a more experienced assistant and some decent coach. I like foreign coaches.

Euro review

Not much has changed from the real world with France reaching the final but this time going onto win the 2016 European champions.

View attachment 131192

Top Goal scorer and assists/ Golden boot

It was nice to see one of my favourite players in football get the golden boot. Zlantan Ibrahimovic is just class.
View attachment 131191

View attachment 131190

As I have mentioned favourite players. My top three best players in football are Steven Gerrard is number one I have read all his books and just love him, Second is Yohan Cabaye I Just like his style of play and third is Zlatan Ibrahimovic well he's just class isn't he.

Player of the
tournament

View attachment 131189

Goal of the tournament

View attachment 131188

So with the first season done and euros over. Let's get started with the new season!

Last edited:
Unfortunate to miss out on promotion there, but maybe one more season out of the league will give you time to build your squad to make a good go at it once you are up

Unfortunate to miss out on promotion there, but maybe one more season out of the league will give you time to build your squad to make a good go at it once you are up

Thank you yes I like to build my squad so I hopefully can get promoted and then stand a little bit of chance in the league.

looking forward to seeing how you get on. I left Lincoln towards the end of my 2nd season in League 2. We were on for playoffs but I went to rescue the team I support, Leeds, from relegation. Finished 17th and now pushing for playoffs halfway through following season with a squad that bears little resemblance to the start of the game

looking forward to seeing how you get on. I left Lincoln towards the end of my 2nd season in League 2. We were on for playoffs but I went to rescue the team I support, Leeds, from relegation. Finished 17th and now pushing for playoffs halfway through following season with a squad that bears little resemblance to the start of the game

good luck with that, we play your lot saturday should be a good game.

good luck with that, we play your lot saturday should be a good game.

it should. both played well at the weekend; you should have scored 6 or 7! brother is a huge forest fan, so one of us will be getting it in the neck afterwards