Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sources have said Arsenal are preparing a 10million bid which Everton are willing to consider.

The only way i can see this happening is if we get a replacement in time.

Sky Sources have said Arsenal are preparing a 10million bid which Everton are willing to consider.

The only way i can see this happening is if we get a replacement in time.

Hang on, bit of confusion here on my part. Heard that the bid was from last night.......

Sky Sports says the Arteta bid is on today, Arsenal offered cash plus player 4mil+Bendtner i assume, Everton only willing to deal in cash

Well if we do lose Arteta, we won't even be close to a top 10 finish. To lose a key player on last few hours of window with next to no time for a replacement is just, beyond belief. Suicidal. I will not be a happy fan at all.

id assume they would only sell if they had a replacement in place, the talk will go quiet, but there will be rumours of midfielders coming to you now

id assume they would only sell if they had a replacement in place, the talk will go quiet, but there will be rumours of midfielders coming to you now

Yeah we're linked with a couple. Hearing there's talks ongoing between the clubs and the player. If true, gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Yeah we're linked with a couple. Hearing there's talks ongoing between the clubs and the player. If true, gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Same. Possibly are ONLY creative spark in midfield and how he is on his way out. They have said though Drenthe is on his way to England presumably to complete terms at Everton. I still think we're in the market for another player with both Yak and Beckford leaving. But absolutely devastated that my/most Evertonians favourite player is leaving.

Massive move for the Gunners, ill be one very happy man if it goes through, all the movement we needed

If only Barkley was a few years older, then he would be perfect to step up to fill a possible Arteta-shaped void. Still, great little prospect.

£4m for Arteta? Might as well slap Moyes across the face

£4m for Arteta? Might as well slap Moyes across the face

I'd slap Wenger personally. Sad thing is it's £10 million that would pay off some of BK debts. Have a feeling very little of that money will go in the club. If any.

i feel for you everton

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

arsenal nearly completed benayoun signing

Seriously, £10m for Arteta would be a decent deal for Everton really, especially considering his age and the fact that Pjanic only went to Roma for £8.8m! You've still got decent options in midfield but would need another body - a striker I would think is priority(Macheda or Diouf loan perhaps?). Moyes is known to take gambles on championship players - maybe someone like McGugan?

Brighton are in talks with Spain winger Vicente, who has already had a medical. What a signing that would be.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Man Utd not going for anyone - not really a surprise :/ but to be honest we don't need anyone

Seriously, £10m for Arteta would be a decent deal for Everton really, especially considering his age and the fact that Pjanic only went to Roma for £8.8m! You've still got decent options in midfield but would need another body - a striker I would think is priority(Macheda or Diouf loan perhaps?). Moyes is known to take gambles on championship players - maybe someone like McGugan?

ATM we've got plenty of strikers (Never thought I'd say that... guess there's a first time for everything), but selling Arteta would deprive us of all of our creativity in midfield.

Bassong going to QPR but he is in Cameroon at the moment.. Redknapp making space for Cahill

ATM we've got plenty of strikers (Never thought I'd say that... guess there's a first time for everything), but selling Arteta would deprive us of all of our creativity in midfield.

I know you'd lose a lot of creativity, but at least you still have plenty of midfield bodies with Cahill, Osman, Rodwell, Fellaini, Neville, Heitinga, Coleman, Bilyaletdinov and maybe Drenthe coming. If talk of Yakubu and Beckford leaving are true, that would surely leave you very short up top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back