Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you'd lose a lot of creativity, but at least you still have plenty of midfield bodies with Cahill, Osman, Rodwell, Fellaini, Neville, Heitinga, Coleman, Bilyaletdinov and maybe Drenthe coming. If talk of Yakubu and Beckford leaving are true, that would surely leave you very short up top?

We would still have Saha and newcomer Stracqualursi, plus Anichebe, Vellios and McAleny. And that's if Beckford and Yakubu do leave.

//Edit and Baxter! I almost forgot Baxter.

Last edited:
ATM we've got plenty of strikers (Never thought I'd say that... guess there's a first time for everything), but selling Arteta would deprive us of all of our creativity in midfield.

Plenty of strikers? :S

Saha (always injured), Anichebe (poor), New Argentinian guy. That's it.

Scroll up a little bit and...
Well if you're going to add 2 nobody's to the list, you can add players like Ross Barkley and Jose Baxter to your midfield. I don't think any of the 4 are ready for the step up yet, and it would be very risky going into the season dependant on them to make that jump.

#Twente chairman Joop Munsterman has confirmed the transfer of Bryan #Ruiz to #Fulham.

It seems Lass Diarra rejected going to Milan on loan and Milan reacted by buying Antonio Nocerino from Palermo for undisclosed fee.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Man Utd not going for anyone - not really a surprise :/ but to be honest we don't need anyone
Rumors of Sneijder having medical at Man Utd.
But his agent dismissed it, but didn't rule out Sneijder moving before the transfer window closing.

But I agree, don't really need anyone.

Well if you're going to add 2 nobody's to the list, you can add players like Ross Barkley and Jose Baxter to your midfield. I don't think any of the 4 are ready for the step up yet, and it would be very risky going into the season dependant on them to make that jump.

They may be 'nobody' to you but you must realise we're not aiming for the title, but for a mid table finish. Vellios has already had a few matches in the first team and so has Baxter, and I expect them to play a few more games this season. But I'm not expecting any of our kids to bag 20 goals this season and turn us into title challengers, I'd just very much rather have Arteta, who gives our midfield creativity, than have more strikers which are not 'needed'.

Danny Simpson to Aston Villa, Newcastle in talks with Patrick Van Aanholt... If that happens then i imagine Ryan Taylor at RB, with Santon LB, Van Aanholt as backup

Van Aanholt has joined Wigan on loan. Confirmed on his twitter account.

They may be 'nobody' to you but you must realise we're not aiming for the title, but for a mid table finish. Vellios has already had a few matches in the first team and so has Baxter, and I expect them to play a few more games this season. But I'm not expecting any of our kids to bag 20 goals this season and turn us into title challengers, I'd just very much rather have Arteta, who gives our midfield creativity, than have more strikers which are not 'needed'.

Mute point now anyway, Arteta deal is off apparantly!

So Arsenal had an offer rejected for M'Villa and Goetze (reportedly), reject the chance to sign Miralem Pjanic for £9M then effectively choose Yossi Benayoun over Mikel Arteta.

Wow, shrewd business there Arsene. Shrewd indeed...

So Arsenal had an offer rejected for M'Villa and Goetze (reportedly), reject the chance to sign Miralem Pjanic for £9M then effectively choose Yossi Benayoun over Mikel Arteta.

Wow, shrewd business there Arsene. Shrewd indeed...

I will be so ****** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back