Right so I've been testing Puskas (all versions) in my long term Liverpool save where I have a world class team, everyone gelled and literally click and play. And this is my conclusion:

Puskas II.1 showed most promise in terms of going forward however it was very leaky at the back. Mostly due to set peices actually. Puskas V with the OI posted for version V saw the defence pulled apart when tested. I then tested Puskas V with Puskas II.1 OI and results were better however the centrebacks were suspect. So what did I do?

I edited Puskas V back to II.1 but kept the set peices as they were an upgrade, kept the Puskas II.1 OI's + WBR/WBL Weaker Foot and voila! A really stable tactic.

So what are the changes?

1. Download Puskas V
2. Remove Hard Tackling + Add Closing Down less to both CB's
3. Sweeper Keeper Support -> Goalkeeper Defend (I'm not sure if he was actually worse off as a SK but seeing as the original Puskas II.1 had a Goalkeeper I just changed it)
4. Set OI's as Puskas II.1 but add Weaker Foot to WBR/WBL

This for me was the most stable Puskas version however I will say that Obsidian IV blew the testing out of the water and showed really solid results compared to Puskas so I guess it's down to each gamers preference in terms of formation as I really like 4-2-3-1.

Hope this helps anyone who has defence problems with Puskas II.1.

very nice indeed, the amc rakes in the assists

very nice indeed, the amc rakes in the assists

Good! Yeah like I said this was the most solid version I could get of Puskas on both ends of the pitch + set pecies.

Just started a career save ahead of FM17 and started unemployed. Seems to work quite decently at lower level too! Playing as Concord Rangers.

I took over after the Alfreton loss so undefeated in 5 and the tactic nowhere near fluid.

Last edited:
New

Normally i play with my own tactics.
But now i want it to give it a try with a tactic from this forum
Wich of this tactics puskas is the best to play?
Or does anyone have a tactic wich is better than puskas?

I personally would recommend Puskas II as the overall best tactic. Became Bundesliga runner-up with Hertha BSC in my first season with that tactic ;)

Hello zyndar..

I would like to start a new season with liverpool and Celta vigo (with transfer updates) and wanted to ask you which of your tactics would you recommend for this teams ?

Thx mate

Hello zyndar..

I would like to start a new season with liverpool and Celta vigo (with transfer updates) and wanted to ask you which of your tactics would you recommend for this teams ?

Thx mate

Either you should try Puskas VI or the tweak by justified on the previous page.

Justified Can you post your tweak rather than having to add it in game please ? would be grateful !
Right so I've been testing Puskas (all versions) in my long term Liverpool save where I have a world class team, everyone gelled and literally click and play. And this is my conclusion:

Puskas II.1 showed most promise in terms of going forward however it was very leaky at the back. Mostly due to set peices actually. Puskas V with the OI posted for version V saw the defence pulled apart when tested. I then tested Puskas V with Puskas II.1 OI and results were better however the centrebacks were suspect. So what did I do?

I edited Puskas V back to II.1 but kept the set peices as they were an upgrade, kept the Puskas II.1 OI's + WBR/WBL Weaker Foot and voila! A really stable tactic.

So what are the changes?

1. Download Puskas V
2. Remove Hard Tackling + Add Closing Down less to both CB's
3. Sweeper Keeper Support -> Goalkeeper Defend (I'm not sure if he was actually worse off as a SK but seeing as the original Puskas II.1 had a Goalkeeper I just changed it)
4. Set OI's as Puskas II.1 but add Weaker Foot to WBR/WBL

This for me was the most stable Puskas version however I will say that Obsidian IV blew the testing out of the water and showed really solid results compared to Puskas so I guess it's down to each gamers preference in terms of formation as I really like 4-2-3-1.

Hope this helps anyone who has defence problems with Puskas II.1.

Can justified or zyndar please tell me if in the Puskas V tweak by justified what individual training you use? or you dont use any at all??

Justified Can you post your tweak rather than having to add it in game please ? would be grateful !

Sorry marksmithlfc, don't have FM16 installed anymore. Just follow the 4 steps, dead easy.

Can justified or zyndar please tell me if in the Puskas V tweak by justified what individual training you use? or you dont use any at all??

Just train them in their roles.

Has anyone tested to see if original tactic or justified's Tactic is better ? as im using the tweak and not doing that great with it ?

Do you guys make any changes to this tactic when playing away?

Has anyone tested to see if original tactic or justified's Tactic is better ? as im using the tweak and not doing that great with it ?

The only difference was the set peices so essentially it's the same tactic.