Trivaldo's Formula One Quiz

• Thread starter Thread starter Triv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 955
  • Views Views 51K

Who Do You Think Is The Best F1 Driver Ever

• Total voters
Luigi Fangoli 53 years old 1951 french Grand Prix for Alfa Romeo in reims france.

Nice Googling ability.

Surely people should be refrained from using Google until at least a few people have guessed incorrectly?

Luigi Fangoli 53 years old 1951 french Grand Prix for Alfa Romeo in reims france.

I think you mean Luigi Fagioli not Fangoli.... 5points nontheless

PEOPLE
please try not to use google unless people are struggling to get the answer - i'm not googling the questions i ask, i know this stuff and there will be people out there who know the answers as well as i do - googling takes the quiz element out of it

Scoreboard

NialZemin 31
Jamie F 16
Psycho1970 15
wunzigan 13
WestHam Bill 11
kevnaylor 10
Jose22 8
JDH1989 5
Gms7 5
J-gibbard 4
Kombatunit 4
Thenaylor 3
Nick Main 2
we love the saints 2
Eds-99 1
NunoPeixinho 1
LFCMarshall 1
andid1 1
TheMjt 1
ben 1
Brian 95 1
Trivaldo99 1

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

next question...
who is this?
smith-a-karl-kling-mercedes-benz-1954-2501669.jpg

Last edited:
Is the car the Merecedes W196 (If it is, are you sure this is an F1 pic? I'm pretty sure it did most of it's F1 races without the bodywork 8-|) If it is the W196 it is probably Fangio or Moss. Prepare for some ultimate nerdery Trivaldo ... If i remember correctly, Fangio always wore a Black helmet and Moss wore a light coloured helmet to make it easier for the team to know which driver was which, which means that my answer is ...

Stirling Moss.

Unless it's one of the other Mercedes drivers. I will just hope that it isn't.

If it isn't, at least I've managed to spread some F1 wisdom :P

----------------------------------------------------

Actually, I remember seeing a video of the W196 racing at Aintree in 1954 and it did have the bodywork on, so it is an F1 picture.

Last edited:
Is the car the Merecedes W196 (If it is, are you sure this is an F1 pic? I'm pretty sure it did most of it's F1 races without the bodywork 8-|) If it is the W196 it is probably Fangio or Moss. Prepare for some ultimate nerdery Trivaldo ... If i remember correctly, Fangio always wore a Black helmet and Moss wore a light coloured helmet to make it easier for the team to know which driver was which, which means that my answer is ...

Stirling Moss.

Unless it's one of the other Mercedes drivers. I will just hope that it isn't.

If it isn't, at least I've managed to spread some F1 wisdom :P

----------------------------------------------------

Actually, I remember seeing a video of the W196 racing at Aintree in 1954 and it did have the bodywork on, so it is an F1 picture.

quality answer - i didn't know about the helmet thing....

regardless, you are wrong - it is from 1954, the year before Moss drove for merc

EDIT: only just saw you questioning wether its an F1 pic or not, i should take points off for such slander :O

Last edited:
Surely deserve a point for my amazing knowledge ;) I think I know the answer now, is it Carl Kling then? He's the only other Mercedes driver I know

yeah its Kling, Karl with a K but close enough nerd boy 8-| 1 point

Scoreboard

NialZemin 32
Jamie F 16
Psycho1970 15
wunzigan 13
WestHam Bill 11
kevnaylor 10
Jose22 8
JDH1989 5
Gms7 5
J-gibbard 4
Kombatunit 4
Thenaylor 3
Nick Main 2
we love the saints 2
Eds-99 1
NunoPeixinho 1
LFCMarshall 1
andid1 1
TheMjt 1
ben 1
Brian 95 1
Trivaldo99 1

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

My Biggest Question Yet!!

Be here at 9pm for a points bonanza!!!

STRICTLY NO GOOGLE
(for this question)
JUST BRING YOUR BRAIN

Lets See If Anybody Can Catch The Zeminator

See you soon
Triv(H)

good luck with that mate

Triv is this just going to be one massive question or just a new round?

Triv is this just going to be one massive question or just a new round?

i got huge question that i'm going to use, lots of points on offer

i will see how many people turn up, may have to do a couple of single pointers first to get people looking in

i got huge question that i'm going to use, lots of points on offer

i will see how many people turn up, may have to do a couple of single pointers first to get people looking in

Ooh I am intrigued ... what could the massive question be ... I'm on my toes in anticipation, if you want to chuck out some single-pointer you know I'll be here ;)

I think you mean Luigi Fagioli not Fangoli.... 5points nontheless

PEOPLE
please try not to use google unless people are struggling to get the answer - i'm not googling the questions i ask, i know this stuff and there will be people out there who know the answers as well as i do - googling takes the quiz element out of it

I think people will always search on google even if you tell them not to :(

ok, lets start with some one pointers and see who turns up

Next Question
there are 2 pictures on the OP, on the bottom picture who is driving car number 16?

yep, arnoux

Scoreboard

NialZemin 33
Jamie F 16
Psycho1970 15
wunzigan 13
WestHam Bill 11
kevnaylor 10
Jose22 8
JDH1989 5
Gms7 5
J-gibbard 4
Kombatunit 4
Thenaylor 3
Nick Main 2
we love the saints 2
Eds-99 1
NunoPeixinho 1
LFCMarshall 1
andid1 1
TheMjt 1
ben 1
Brian 95 1
Trivaldo99 1

next question
where did hakkinen claim his first pole (country needed only)

Rene Arnoux?

Edit: Yeah, way too slow.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Germany?

not australia

don't need the year

No Europe in 1997 was Jerez, Villeneuve was on pole. It was defo 97 though. Italy?

Back