Reaction score

Update: 05/09/2014 - Two new version (Counter & Standard)

Trophy Collector

My tactics aren't always that popular by the FM Base members, but still I want you to introduce a new one. This time it is called the Trophy Collector. It has a solid base and a creativity forward. In five Premier League games I managed to score 20 goals (!) and I already faced Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea. And I just conceded 4 goals with Arsenal FC. Season 1, no transfers and LFCMarshall's update.

-- Tactic results --
I know, I didn't play a full season but look at the results against the top teams I already faced.

View attachment 339892 View attachment 339891 View attachment 339890

View attachment 339889 View attachment 339888 View attachment 339887 View attachment 339886

-- Individual match screenshots --
Season 1, no transfers and LFCMarshall's Update.

View attachment 339876View attachment 339875 View attachment 339874View attachment 339872
View attachment 339871View attachment 339870 View attachment 339869View attachment 339867
View attachment 339866View attachment 339865 View attachment 339863View attachment 339862

-- Tactical tips --
D-Line play - I use the D-line play I have learned from Jassar's thread. Thanks to that! The D-line play is very simple to use. When you're facing a stronger opponent, make sure you go to the team instructions and select 'Push higher up' instead of 'drop deeper'. Sometime it is very usefull to use this option against very solid teams when you have to score that late goal.
Tip: Copy (Import the tactic twice) the standard tactic and select the option 'Push higher up' and set in slot 2, to make your team get used to this option.
For more information about D-line play you can go to Jassar's tactic thread and see the opening post.

Switch mentality - Sometimes it is usefull to switch the mentality. If you need to score a goal than switch to the attacking or controlling mentality. But if you need to hold on the score than you can switch to the counter or defensive mentality. Personally, I don't use this very much, but if you have great experience with this switch than I advice you to use this tweak.
Tip: Copy (Import the tactic twice) the standard tactic and select the mentality that you're using very often and set in slot 2, to make your team get used to this mentality.

Opposition instructions - Tactic has preset opposition instructions built into it, so make sure you don't ask your Assistant Manager to set OI for you. Only the defenders (and the outside midfielders or wingers) of the opposition team has OI's. If you want to use your own OI's than go ahead, mate.

What kind of striker - As you can see in the Arsenal selection screenshot above I have two strikers who play often, Podolski and Giroud. But in this tactic you need a Podolski type to get results from your strikers. This tactic isn't made for a Giroud type. So I think I am going to replace Giroud for Campbell or Sanogo. They have both not that good statistics, but I know they will play better in this tactic than Giroud.

Want to tweak the attack? - You can set the AML to winger and give him the instructions like the AMR. I have chosen for these AML instructions because I want to put Ozil or Cazorla as an AML. So, if you have a squad with excellent wingers, make sure you tweak the tactic.

-- Download link --
Latest update - 29/08/2014
TROPHY COLLECTOR. V1

Version 2 - Counter - V2. PRESS - TROPHY COLLECTOR.
Version 3 - Standard - http://www.mediafire.com/download/im0a8uy8rmhnzaa/V3.+PRESS+-+TROPHY+COLLECTOR..tac
At version 2 you can untick the team instruction 'through the middle'.

You need to change one thing in this tactic..
Go to OI - And select the opposition AMR and AML. Make sure it is set as below..
Opposition AMR > Show onto left foot. And the opposition AML > Show onto right foot.

View attachment 339855
I know, in the example above it isn't an AMR I selected, but I didn't want to wait till I would face a team with an AMR.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Last edited:
what about trainings?pre-season and during season

Well, That's a nice start. If you're in 2020 I think it will be a good option to use the 'Push higher up' tweak.

I'll post the first match where I use the tweak, probably when I gonna play against stronger team.

this is a tactic that we dont see much anymore..
i'm going too try this, because a lot tactics don't work anymore with me

can you give more informations please about match training and scechuling about pre-season and during season?

can you give more informations please about match training and scechuling about pre-season and during season?
Select the longest pre-season and plan every 4 days a friendly, to make your players get used to the tactic. Don't give up if you lose a game or draw, especially not at the friendlys.

Training you can see in the OP. I have made a screen of the teamtraining. In the pre-season select tactics only and train at very high.

You need to chance one thing in this tactic..
Go to OI - And make sure the AMR is set at 'show onto left foot'. At this moment it is set to their 'right foot'
I can not really find it anywhere

You need to chance one thing in this tactic..
Go to OI - And make sure the AMR is set at 'show onto left foot'. At this moment it is set to their 'right foot'
I can not really find it anywhere
I will make it clear in the opening post in a few minutes.

Ah I had just given up on fm but always like tour tactics decisions decisions

Looks promising man played a few with it but decided im done with FM, dont get offended that you arent in the poll you make solid tactics! Played 3 and in those 3 I conceded 7 goals 6 of which came from crosses or corners, need to quit until FM15 now before I destroy my laptop :D

I was about to come in here going mad as a tactic that gets awesome 4-0 away wins won't work for me..

View attachment 339777

If they had won or even drawn that game FM would be gone from my laptop :D

Promoted with Leeds, now just finding the right players for the premier league..
great tactic, a lot of 5-1 games great ;)