Trying to Forget About Fergie - Klippybo's Aberdeen Story

images

I have this CD actually lol

JANUARY

What can I say??? 30pts clear WITH a game in hand with 14 games left to play - BRILLIANT!!!!!

Anywho I was a busy little bee in the transfer window (not closed yet) and signed a few players. The most promising being Leandro Silva, who is Uruguayan, for £1.1m -
View attachment 280240

I also signed these 3 for £1.5m in total
View attachment 280241View attachment 280243View attachment 280242

In the end I had to loan out Silva and Fuentes to Kapellen to get a work permit. I turned down several players on loan from my feeder sides - Feruz from Chelsea and 2 decent Germans from Leverkusen.

----------------------------------

Aberdeen 4-1 Kilmarnock
McKee, Smith 2, Crainey (og)

A nice start to the new year I suppose.

------------------------------------

William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round
Berwick Rangers 1-6 Aberdeen
Nelson 3, Lawson, Beck, McKee

3 up after 9min and 5 up at half-time - the youngsters and backups did the job!

----------------------------------------

Aberdeen 2-1 Dundee United
Dillon (og), Rekik

-----------------------------------------

Aberdeen 5-2 Celtic
Considine 2, Nelson, Smith, McKee

We obviously needed to extend our lead at the top! lol. Great win this and we might have the league won by next month!

---------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 2-0 Motherwell
Smith (pen), Carlini

------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDY NELSON
View attachment 280237

View attachment 280239

AROUND THE COUNTRY

Celtic contiue their mass exodus and sell Larsen, Lustig, Martial and Ledley.....
and then sign James McArthur for £11m ad Enevoldsen for £8m
Celtic and Rangers to meet in the Scottish Cup

Doing unbelievably well and I think that Fuentes looks brilliant and should be in the first team.

images

FEBRUARY

The title is ours IN ****** FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!! Surely nobody has won the league sooner than this in FM12? We won the title at Ibrox after we beat Rangers and Inverness beat Celtic so we have won the title with 11 games still to play!

Normally I would play the youngsters once the title is won but cant really do that with a 3rd of the season left. I may send back a few players that are on loan and play our own youngsters instead but then I may need them in the Champions League! lol

Scottish Communities League Cup SF
Aberdeen 3-0 Hibernian
Jano, Smith 2(1pen)

Obviously it is not the case but it feels the same every year in every cup competition - Hibs in the semis and Celtic in the final!

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0-3 Aberdeen
Smith 2(1pen), Suarez

I am sure Smith has scored against ICT before................ lol

William Hill Scottish Cup 5th Round

Hamilton Academicals 0-1 Aberdeen
Beck

The backups did the job - wasnt great but a win is a win

--------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee
Smith, Nelson

-------------------------------------------------

Rangers 1-2 Aberdeen
Jano, Suarez

We win the league at Ibrox!!!!! We had a 1st minute goal chalked off and then fell behind but we came back to get the win that was required. ICT beat Celtic so we are the champions!

-----------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Aberdeen 2-3 Real Madrid
Jano, McKee

Disappointed but pleased at the same time! We were 3 down and getting thumped but then pulled 2 goals back in the last 10min and then Sergio Ramos got sent-off and Carlini hit the post in stoppage time! McKee's 10th goal of the tournament still has him as top scorer so far.

----------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUIS MEJIA

images

deserved it at least once in his time with us so far

View attachment 280279

------------------------------------------------------
images

URUGUAY

Friendly

Uruguay 5-1 Egypt
Ramirez 2, Pereyra, Bueno 2

images

MARCH

Trophies galore at Aberdeen as we added another League Cup to our trophy cabinet - once again beating Celtic in a final. No fairytale in Europe though as we get taught another lesson by one of Europe's big boys.

I know the chances of me winning in Europe with the likes of Considine in my side is next to nothing but I will persevere!

--------------------------------------

Aberdeen 1-0 Heart of Midlothian
Jano

William Hill Scottish Cup QF

Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee
Jano 2, Carlini

Through we go to the semis where we will play................. Hibs again!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------

Hibernian 0-2 Aberdeen
Considine, Nelson

Scottish Communities League Cup Final
Aberdeen 3-0 Celtic
Smith 2, Fyvie

Another trophy!!!! We even had 2 players taken off injured and still won easily.

--------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Real Madrid (3) 2-0 Aberdeen (2)
(Agg: 5-2)

Never really stood a chance and we didnt get thumped so it wasnt too bad I suppose.

-------------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 3-0 Raith Rovers
McKee 2, Mesanovic

Half my side were unavailable so I played backups and youths and we won easily against doomed Raith.

--------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JANO
2Q==

View attachment 280289

--------------------------------------------
images

URUGUAY

Friendly

Uruguay 3-0 Panama
Ramirez, Coates, Suarez

Dang it. Unlucky sed person

Your stuck in the worst part of the Aberdeen limbo where the SPL and Scotland is no challenge but your still not strong enough to challenge against Europe's top sides. A few more seasons and hopefully your brats will have developed like normal and Europe will be conqured. Although i would be annoyed if you do win the CL at your first proper go after me trying for 3 or 4 years in a row and never managing it

Dang it. Unlucky sed person

Your stuck in the worst part of the Aberdeen limbo where the SPL and Scotland is no challenge but your still not strong enough to challenge against Europe's top sides. A few more seasons and hopefully your brats will have developed like normal and Europe will be conqured. Although i would be annoyed if you do win the CL at your first proper go after me trying for 3 or 4 years in a row and never managing it

Need to start winning the group stages but at the same time if I could get seeded higher in the groups that would go hand in hand I suppose to get easier draws in the knockout stages.

images
images
images

3 famous Aberdonians

APRIL

Just seeing out the season now although we do have the Scottish Cup final to look forward to and for once we wont be up against Celtic!

Off the pitch we got anothe parent club, Schalke, so they join Leverkusen as a German side that we have links with. Also I forgot to mention my youth intake last month - probably because it was useless! lol

-------------------------------------------

St. Mirren 2-3 Aberdeen
Jano, Smith, Robertson

We fell behind twice, had a goal disallowed and lost Mwanga and Considine for the rest of the season through injury in this game!

Dundee United 3-5 Aberdeen
Fraser 2, Fyvie, Smith, Jano

We were fairly comfortable throughout and getting 5 goals is always nice.

Kilmarnock 0-2 Aberdeen
Smith, Suarez

-----------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 1-1 Dundee
McKee (pen)

Rested everyone apart from Mejia and Rekik in this game. This wa the 1st game after the split. They equalised in the last minute.

Celtic 2-5 Aberdeen
Jano, Smith 3, Suarez

At half-time the score was 2-2 and we had thrown away the lead twice but we got our act together in the 2nd half.

William Hill Scottish Cup SF

Hibernian 1-1 Aberdeen
Nelson
(AET Aberdeen won 4-3 on penalties)

Once again we beat Hibs in a semi but we didnt deserve too as we played poorly and only got extra-time thanks to an injuy time strike - Jano got injured and is out for the remainder of the season.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CLARK ROBERTSON
images

View attachment 280291

AROUND THE COUNTRY

Hearts beat ICT 7-3 in cup semi
Scotland lose to South Africa and draw with Chile (March)
St. Johnstone win promotion to the SPL

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

The season is over with us ending the league season unbeaten with 112 goals, 106 points and a whopping 44pts clear meaning we could have lost 14 games and still not have been caught!!!!!

Oh and we won the Scottish Cup lol

----------------------------------------

Aberdeen 2-0 Rangers
Alexander (og), Fyvie

Nice win with 10 men as Rekik got sent-off.

-------------------------------------------

Hibernian 2-2 Aberdeen
Fyvie, Caldwell

Was 2 down at half-time, Caldwell had a goal disallowed and we then came back to keep up our unbeaten league season.

--------------------------------------------

Dundee United 0-3 Aberdeen
Smith 2, Suarez

I had a touchline ban so Eric Black managed the team and ensured that we had an unbeaten league campaign.

William Hill Scottish Cup Final

Aberdeen 2-0 Heart of Midlothian
Rekik, Smith

We had an early goal chalked off but scraped by in the end - another trophy!

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
CAMERON SMITH

images

I think thats him anyway lol

SQUAD

View attachment 280297
Joe McKee - gets paid about £750 a week - superstar lol

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 280296

MY LEAGUE SCORERS

39(7pens) Smith, 15 Jano, 10 Suarez, 6 Fraser, 6(1pen) McKee, 5(1pen) Carlini, 5 Fyvie, 5 Nelson, 4 Considine, 2 Lawson, 2 Wotherspoon, 1 Caldwell, 1 Douglas, 1 Franke, 1 Mesanovic, 1 Mwanga, 1 Rekik, 1 Robertson, 6 Own Goals

AWARDS
Player of the Year: Cameron Smith (Aberdeen)
Young Player of the Year: Mirko Carlini (Aberdeen)
Manager of the Year: Kris Stuart (Aberdeen)
Football Writers Player of the Year: Jano (Aberdeen)
Football Writers Young Player of the Year: Andy Nelson (Aberdeen)
Football Writers Manager of the Year: Kris Stuart (Aberdeen)
Player of the Season: Denis Suarez (Aberdeen)
Young Player of the Season: Clark Robertson (Aberdeen)
U19 Young Player of the Season: Andy Nelson (Aberdeen)
Top Goalscorer: Cameron Smith (Aberdeen)

Goal of the Season: Darren McGregor (St. Mirren)

****** Darren McGregor!!!!!!!!

TEAM OF THE SEASON

Mejia (Aberdeen)
Nelson (Hibernian)
Considine (Aberdeen)
Martial (Celtic)
Robertson (Aberdeen)
Fraser (Aberdeen)
Suarez (Aberdeen)

Hilton (Rangers)
Jano (Aberdeen)
Smith (Aberdeen)

Russell (Celtic)

SUMMARY
An unbeaten league campaign, a 3rd treble and the u19's did the double so it was a great season - just a pity we didnt make that extra push forward in Europe. My youngsters are still developing and maybe with one or two additions we can make that step forward in Europe - hopefully I will get Rekik, Suarez and Carlini again!

images

URUGUAY

Friendlies

South Africa 2-1 Uruguay
Pereyra

My first defeat as Uruguay manager thanks to a last minute goal

-----------------------------------------------

Sint Maarten 0-5 Uruguay
Polenta, Cavani, Ifran, Fernandez, Godin

---------------------------------------------------

Uruguay 5-0 Bolivia
Suarez, Cavani, Ramirez, Albin, Lodeiro

--------------------------------------------------------

Uruguay 2-2 U.S.A.
Whitbread (og), Fernandez

---------------------------------------------------------

SQUAD FOR THE COPA AMERICA

Goalkeepers
NAME
CLUB
CAPS
GOALS
Fernando MUSLERA
FC Porto
Martin SILVA
Dnipro
Sebastian VIERA
Fiorentina

Defenders
Diego GODIN
Atletico Madrid
Adrian GUNINO
Sampdoria
Gary KAGELMACHER
Getafe
Oscar LEITES (R)
Villarreal
MAXI PEREIRA
VfB Stuttgart
Alvaro PEREIRA
Inter Milan
Diego POLENTA
Villarreal
Guillermo RODRIGUEZ
Bologna

Midfielders
Juan ALBIN
Granada
Diego ARISMENDI
Chievo
Alvaro FERNANDEZ
Sporting Gijon
Walter GARGANO
Everton
Nicolas LODEIRO
Botafogo
Mauricio PEREYRA
Everton
Gaston RAMIREZ
Udinese
Cristian RODRIGUEZ
Atletico Madrid

Forwards
Gonzalo BUENO
Sporting Lisbon
Edinson CAVANI
Manchester City
Diego IFRAN
Real Sociedad
Luis SUAREZ
Liverpool

As you can see I am missing some players - Abel Hernandez, Martin Caceres, Leandro Cabrera, Sebastian Coates and Diego Lugano

Last edited:
images

COPA AMERICA 2015
(in Brazil)

GROUP B

Uruguay 4-0 Venezuela
Suarez 2, Gunino, Bueno

Line Up: Muslera, Gunino, Godin, Polenta, Pereira, Pereyra, Fernandez (Gargano), Suarez*, Ramirez, C.Rodriguez (Albin), Cavani (Bueno)

A not bad start to the group stage I suppose although Cavani got injured and is out for the rest of the tournament so thats not good!

Mexico 3-1 Colombia

Colombia 2-3 Uruguay
Godin, Polenta, C.Rodriguez

Line Up: Muslera, Gunino (Maxi Pereira), Godin, Polenta, Pereira, Pereyra, Fernandez, Suarez, Ramirez, C.Rodriguez (Albin), Bueno (Ifran)

Thats us through to the next stage - comfortable win really

Venezuela 0-6 Mexico

---------------------------------------------------------

Mexico 2-0 Uruguay

Line Up
: Muslera, Gunino, Kagelmacher (G.Roriguez), Polenta, Pereira, Pereyra, Fernandez, Suarez, Ramirez (Lodeiro), C.Rodriguez (Albin), Bueno

We were awful here - must improve! Should be beating teams like Mexico

Colombia 5-0 Venezuela

------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 280308

Some great performances and the league campaign was unbe-flipping-lievable.

images

COPA AMERICA

Quarter Finals

Uruguay 2-1 Ecuador
Ramirez, Suarez

Line Up: Muslera, Maxi Pereira, Godin, Polenta, Pereira (G.Rodriguez), Pereyra, Fernandez, Suarez,Ramirez*, C.Rodriguez (Albin), Bueno (Ifran)

We fell behind here and were awful but the goal woke us up and we dominated there after. Ifran had a late goal disallowed but Suarez popped up with a last minute winner.

Argentina 3-1 Paraguay
Chile 3-1 Mexico
Brazil 3-0 Colombia

images

COPA AMERICA

Semi Finals

Uruguay 2-0 Chile
Suarez, Godin

Line Up: Muslera, Gunino, Godin, G.Rodriguez, Pereira, Gargano, Lodeiro, Suarez, Ramirez (Leites), C.Rodriguez (Albin), Bueno (Ifran)

Thats better!!! Was missing a few players because they just were'nt fit enough but we won fairly comfortably.

Brazil 2-1 Argentina

images

COPA AMERICA

Final

Uruguay 1-0 Brazil
C.Rodriguez

Line Up: Muslera, Gunino (Maxi Pereira), Godin, Polenta, Pereira, Fernandez (Lodeiro), Pereyra, Suarez, Ramirez, C.Rodriguez*, Bueno (Ifran)

A great win this as we somehow fluke it. In the first half we were poor and they had a goal disallowed but in the 2nd half we got better and nicked a goal with 15min left.

images

3rd Place Play-Off
Argentina 5-1 Chile

images

PRE-SEASON

AIMS

Win the title
Get to the Champions League quarter finals

OTHER NEWS

The board have decided to spend £12m on training and youth facilities and to increase the stadium capacity by 4,000.
We have managd to get American side Carolina Railhawks as a feeder side to help with commercial sales

PLAYERS IN
Bad news I'm afraid as due to the board spending our cash on facilities etc I got a transfer budget of a miserly £500,000 so when Man City accepted £8m for Rekik and £10m for Suarez we had no chance of getting them to return to Pittodrie. I also missed out on Hervin Ongenda who joined Basel on a free! Havent managed to get Mirko Carlini back either.

However I have brought in some. Got Mackintosh back from Liverpool while Man Utd have given us a keeper and a left back and Leverkusen have loaned us a forward. I rejected Bell from Arsenal and Lawson and Adam Campbell from Chelsea.
View attachment 280311View attachment 280312View attachment 280313View attachment 280314

Joining the club permanently and who will be involved in the first team is Jamie Ness from Stoke on a free, Tomeu Prats from Real Madrid on a free and two young Frenchmen on free transfers.
View attachment 280315View attachment 280316View attachment 280317View attachment 280318

Finally I brought in a few youngsters for a total of £725,000. The Uruguayan midfielder looks a decent prospect!
View attachment 280319View attachment 280320View attachment 280321View attachment 280322View attachment 280323

PLAYERS OUT
Raked in some cash as I sold Radosevic to Kobenhavn for £1m, and also took in small fees for Gray, McManus, Shaughnessy and Ilso. I loaned out Lukasik, Condom, McKenzie and Pechowiak to Peterhead and about 8 players to Kapellen to get work permits.

Barry Douglas, Mesanovic and Martin have left on loan for a small fee taking the total income to £2.3m

SUMMARY

Safe to say my squad is weaker than last year so theoretically this season should be harder. Ochieno and Mwanga will more than likely be my new central defender pairing while Oliveira will play CM, Jano AMC and Nelson will probably start at LW. Still got a month of the transfer window though!

Decent transfer business. Also can I ask why Radosevic hasn't been playing for you?