Trying to Forget About Fergie - Klippybo's Aberdeen Story

images

COSTA RICA

About to do the World Cup but I wont go into huge detail as I did in previous saves as not much peeps will know about the Costa Rican players etc nd the fact that I wont get past the 2nd round probably!

Friendlies

Costa Rica 2-0 Bolivia
Borges, Soto

Uruguay 2-1 Costa Rica
Muslera (og)

Costa Rica 2-2 Colombia
Bolanos, Solorzano

Decent enough results I suppose although we could have conceded 7 or 8 against Uruguay!!!!!

---------------------------------------------
images

GROUP H

South Korea 1-1 Costa Rica
Borges

Decent enough start I suppose

----------------------------------------------

Costa Rica 0-1 Argentina

We had a first half goal disallowed and we tried to hold on but Messi scored a late penalty.

-------------------------------------------------

Bosnia & Herz. 0-3 Costa Rica
B. Ruiz 2, Saborio

Fantastic! We needed to win by 2 goals and we did so.

View attachment 279905

-----------------------------------------------

2nd ROUND

Costa Rica 2-2 England
B. Ruiz, Angulo
(AET England won 5-4 on penalties)

**** sake!!! We were 2 up and they were down to 10 men when Lennon got sent-off but we just couldnt hold on which angered me no end!!!!!!

looks good..Queen of the south must b a bogey team for dundee utd cos they beat my team in the cup and unluckey in world cup..take a look at my story rise of the terrors if u get a min

WTF Why didn't Barca give him a contract?!?!

He isnt that great to be honest - yeah he can finish and head the ball but everything else is average. If he was 17 or 18 I would think he is summat special but not at 20. Maybe I am being fussy lol

images

I TAKE OVER URUGUAY

I was never going to stay with Costa Rica and eagerly awaited a move to maybe a European nation but the only ones that were available were the big nations (France, Germany, Spain, England - who won the World Cup) so Iwa never going to get them. Russia didnt want to know either. Same as Brazil and Argentina!

In the end I had the choice of Uruguay or Colombia and I decided to pick Uruguay because I thought they had better squad depth. The first thing I did was give Diego Forlan a coaching job!

images

images

the club shop being flooded!

PRE SEASON - JULY

As the season kicked off so early I will do this pre-season post but bear in mind the transfer window is open for another month. The season kicked off early due to us not going straight into the Champions League group stage because Craig Levein cant manage Scotland properly (nothing new there) and the other clubs havent done anything noteworthy in Europe (ditto).

AIMS

Retain the title - harder his year with Rangers being back
Qualify for the knockout rounds in the Champions League

PLAYERS IN

As usual I will start off with the loan stars. Returning (thankfully) is my favourite 3 - Karim Rekik, Denis Suarez and Mirko Carlini. Also coming back is Danny Belton while I rejected the chance to take back Feruz and Bell.
View attachment 279971View attachment 279972View attachment 279973View attachment 279974

The new loan arrivals are Taylor Lawson from Chelsea and Danny Mackintosh from Liverpool - I rejected the chance to get Luke Shaw off Man Utd.
View attachment 279975View attachment 279976

For the first team I only signed 2 players - breaking the club record each time. Firstly I spent £2.3m on Brazilian midfielder Walter Oliveira and £3m on Belgian defender Serge Mwanga
View attachment 279977View attachment 279978

Finally for a total of £1.2m I signed these guys (including Mr. Condom due to popular demand lol) bringing my total spend so far to £6.5m
View attachment 279979View attachment 279981View attachment 279982View attachment 279983View attachment 279984View attachment 279985View attachment 279986View attachment 279980
View attachment 279987

PLAYERS OUT
Not too many got sold. Kenny McLean left for £3m to go to Rangers. Didnt want him to go there but they topped Leeds' £2.1m bid! Jonny Hayes was sold to Hibs for £425,000 and Stevie May and Jamie Lindsay was sold for a pittance while Boubas and Masson got released.

Leaving on loan for a fee was Radosevic (Hibs), McManus (Motherwell) and Shaughnessy (Kilmarnock) taking my total income to £3.7m.

Out on loan to Peterhead is McKenzie, Hosek, Hojer and Ilso while Nitu, Agba, Makinwa and Yaroshenko went to Kapellen and Craig Reid went to Dunfermline.

SUMMARY

Nobody new for my starting eleven as Jano will go LW and my 2 big signings of the summer will have to make do o the bench for a start. Got better squad depth now though so I may use the League Cup to give my backups game time.

-----------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Qual.3 1st Leg
Aberdeen 4-0 Shamrock Rovers
Beck, McKee 2(1pen), Nelson

Beck gets a debut goal as I started the season off by playing my backups.

-------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Qual.3 2nd Leg
Shamrock Rovers (0) 1-2 Aberdeen (4)
Nelson, McKee
(Agg: 1-6)

-----------------------------------------------------------
AROUND THE COUNTRY
Hearts appoint Mark Hughes as manager!!
Danny Lennon is now managing Motherwell
Rangers sign Polworth and Ross off ICT for a total of £4.5m
Celtic sell Mulgrew and Forster

images

AUGUST

What a month!!! On the pitch we beat Celtic on the opening day of the season which was a huge result and in Europe we just destroyed Maribor - however we have drawn Shakhtar, Dortmund and the holders Barcelona in the group stage!!!!

Transfer wise I was busy again. I paid £1m for a Uruguayan who looks like a great prospect and also signed a few others for a total of £1m taking my total spend to £8.5m.
View attachment 280027View attachment 280032
View attachment 280028View attachment 280029View attachment 280030View attachment 280031

Outgoing was Lukasik, Varela and Traore on loan.

Finally and surprisingly Andy Nelson as been called up to the Scotland squad along with Robertson, Jack, Smith and Fraser. Fraser is uncapped and the others have 3.

--------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic
Carlini 2(1pen)

And we're off! 2 second half goals got us off to a perfect start in the league.

UEFA Champions League Play-Off 1st Leg
Maribor 2-5 Aberdeen
McKee 3, Franke, Nelson

Decided to use my backups in this play-off and we got a good result that will surely see us through.

------------------------------------------------------

Hibernian 1-3 Aberdeen
Carlini, McKee, Jano

2 late goals won it for us here as Hibs played quite well.

--------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Play-Off 2nd Leg

Aberdeen (5) 8-2 Maribor (2)
Mackintosh, Beck, Nelson, Lawton, Franke, McKee 2(1pen), Turnbull
(Agg: 13-4)

What a result and performance. Nelson was superb as he got 4 assists and a goal. McKee has scored 8 times in the Champions League so far in games and once in the league!

-------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOE MCKEE

images

View attachment 280023

------------------------------------------------
images

URUGUAY

Friendly

Wales 1-1 Uruguay
Cavani

well done...i would say u have a group of death but with ur teams u will probs win the group

images

McLeish and Miller - the rock of the 80's

SEPTEMBER

We have had a great month! From defeating Borussia Dortmund in Europe to getting a decent point away to Rangers in the league. Other than that it was business as usual - even down to Cameron Smith banging in his usual hatful of goals against Inverness Caley.

-----------------------------------------

Aberdeen 4-2 Motherwell
Jano, Smith 2(1pen), Considine

Good win this - they had their only 2 shots in stoppage time and scored twice!

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-5 Aberdeen
Smith 3, Jano, Reekers (og)

Cameron Smith scores against ICT? Never happens lol

---------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group A

Aberdeen 3-0 Borussia Dortmund
Smith, Considine, Fraser

A great win this! Vital if we are to get out of the group. Barca hit Shakhtar for 6.

----------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen 3-2 Dundee
Smith, Carlini, Fraser

Scottish Communities League Cup 3rd Round
Aberdeen 2-0 Stenhousemuir
Mackintosh, Caldwell

Should have scored 7 or 8 or 9 or ................. lol

-----------------------------------------------------

Rangers 1-1 Aberdeen
Nelson

Wasnt sure how to judge Rangers - championship challengers? top six? or struggling promoted side? lol

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CAMERON SMITH

images

View attachment 280116

AROUND THE COUNTRY
Scotland beat Azerbaijan in a friendly and Malta in the qualifiers
Celtic sign Stephen Ireland on a free transfer

images

URUGUAY

Friendlies

Barbados 0-3 Uruguay
Fernandez, Cavani, Coates

Brazil 2-2 Uruguay
Coates, Ramirez

images

Lee Richardson - loved him at Aberdeen!

OCTOBER

A great month with even the one defeat being a good thing in a perverse sort of way. Cameron Smith was on fire again, netting another 7 goals. Here is his screenie - nothing special in any sort of way but rips Scottish teams apart.
View attachment 280202

Here are my other home grown stars by the way

View attachment 280203View attachment 280206View attachment 280205View attachment 280204
--------------------------------------

Shakhtar Donetsk 0-3 Aberdeen
Suarez, Oliveira, Condom

A fantastic result this. I would have gladly taken a draw but to thump them was a great outcome.

----------------------------------------

Aberdeen 3-1 Heart of Midlothian
Smith 2, Fraser

1st v 2nd with us both on 16pts but we got 2 late goals to get the win

-------------------------------------------

St. Mirren 1-4 Aberdeen
Smith 2(1pen), Jano, Lawson

We fell behind to St.Mirren's only shot of the game and then we made them pay.

Kilmarnock 1-2 Aberdeen
Smith 2

Smith missed a penalty to get his hat-trick!

Aberdeen 2-3 Barcelona
Fyvie, Smith

It was 1-1 and then I made 3 subs and they scored twice within 5min and has 1 disallowed. Almost!

Aberdeen 4-0 Raith Rovers
Fyvie, Fraser 2, Suarez

Was missing a few players so played 18y/o Danny Belton (on loan from Liverpool) and he got 3 assists!

Scottish Communities League Cup QF

Aberdeen 3-1 Rangers
Considine, Nelson, Suarez
(AET)

Phew! We fell behind to former loan star Cody Hilton and we got the equaliser in the first half and then dominated. We finally made the breakthrough in exra-time.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CAMERON SMITH

images

again!!!!!

View attachment 280207

images

URUGUAY

Friendly

St. Martin 0-8 Uruguay
Cavani 2, Suarez, Albin, Ramirez, Bueno 2, Leites

images

NOVEMBER

This was a big month with us playing away to Celtic and having 2 big Champions League games. On the whole we came through ok but the Inverness game annoyed me big time! Forgot to mention last month that Carlini got injured and missed all of this month.

---------------------------------------------

Celtic 1-2 Aberdeen
Wotherspoon 2

A great result here as we were missing 6 first choice players. Played Wotherspoon in midfield and he scored twice in the opening 15min.

Barcelona 2-1 Aberdeen
Lawson

This defeat see's us go into 3rd in the group. Barca have 9pts, Dortmund 7 and ourselves 6 - gonna be close!

Motherwell 1-2 Aberdeen
Mwanga, Douglas

Aberdeen 3-3 Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Foran (og), Smith 2

****** awful! Forget about Cameron Smith scoring another couple against his favourite team (and set up the first) as we threw away a 2 goal lead and couldnt even hold on when we went 3-2 up with 4min to go!

Borussia Dortmund 1-1 Aberdeen
Suarez

If we lost we were out so this was a huge game. We were leading up until the 70th min and then Schieber equalised and then Jack gave away a pen and got sent-off but thankfully they missed it. Have to beat Shakhtar now and hope Dortmund dont beat Barca.

Aberdeen 2-1 Hibernian
Smith 2(1pen)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DAVID WOTHERSPOON

images

View attachment 280227

-----------------------------------------------------
images

URUGUAY

Friendlies

Australia 0-4 Uruguay
Coates, Hernandez, Suarez, Ramirez

Uruguay 6-0 US Virgin Islands
Pereyra, Fernandez, Hernandez, Ramirez, Polenta, Bueno

Playing great and Cameron Smith is playing really well. You say he's nothing special as he really isn't but those stats would make someone play especially well in the SPL.

images

Union Street - the main street in Aberdeen

DECEMBER

I could be wrong here but in all my other saves (Bilbao, Newcastle, CDS) that I made a story I dont think one of my sides were 23pts clear by Christmas!!! That means we can lose 7 in a row and still be top! Anywho we qualified in the Champions League but we have drawn Real Madrid so we wont be in it for much longer more than likely.

Aberdeen 2-0 Shakhtar Donetsk
Smith, McKee

Through we go as Barca beat Dortmund although an adventure in the Europa League would have been fun! McKee scored his 9th goal of this seasons competition.

Dundee 1-3 Aberdeen
Jano, Nelson, Lawson

We were without a few players and played Nelson up front and he did well. We fell behind to ex-Don Josh Magennis early on.

Aberdeen 3-1 Rangers
Jano 2, Fraser (og)

Always nice to beat this lot!!!!!

Dundee United 2-4 Aberdeen
Franke, Suarez 3

An eventful game this. Had an early goal disallowed before leading 2-0 and then I made my 3 subs. What followed was crazy as we quickly got pegged back to 2-2 and then had 2 players stretchered off but my 9 men scored twice in the last 5min to win the game!

--------------------------------------------------

Heart of Midlothian 2-5 Aberdeen
Smith 3(1pen), Suarez, Jano

Plenty of goals in our games at the moment as we extend our lead to 18pts!

Aberdeen 5-3 St. Mirren
Smith 4(1pen), Jano

Another 4 goals for Smith as one of my players gets a hat-trick for the 3rd game in a row! Conceding a bit too many though..........

Raith Rovers 0-3 Aberdeen
Smith, Fraser, Jano

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JANO
images

View attachment 280229