TSG 1899 Hoffenheim - Creating some History!

cps100

Reaction score
View attachment 347638
TSG 1899 HOFFENHEIM - CREATING SOME HISTORY!

Hello and welcome to my new FM14 story. I hope this one will last me a long time and I've actually already played about a season and a half to see how it's gone and I'm loving it. So I wanted to catch up on my progress and hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I am!

I've read lots of stories on here and I started with Hoffenheim after reading coolmcool's Wolsburg story. The Hoffe are a decent German team, with plenty of potential.

View attachment 347639
This is Hoffenheim's history… not a lot in there is there!? This gives me a great opportunity to fill it up and make some history. They have shot up the leagues over the last decade and are in a reasonable financial position which is good.

View attachment 347640
First of all as I'm catching up on the first season this SS isn't showing the facilities as of when I started. It's mainly the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment I've improved since but look at those Youth and Training facilities! I have a number of exciting youngsters in the 1st team but really enjoy bringing in young players.

Just so you all know, our Media Prediction this year is 10th

TARGETS

Here are some targets I'm setting for the save. There isn't a time limit on them but obviously the sooner the better!

*Qualify for the Champions League (never participated)
DONE
*Break the top 2 (Bayern and Dortmund) DONE
*Win the Bundesliga DONE
*Win the German Cup
*Win the Europa League
*Win the Champions League
*Bring through Homegrown players to the 1st Team
*Target the best Young players in the world
*Become the Richest club in Germany/World

Any other targets I have missed feel free to suggest and also any feedback on the story/layout/screenshots is much appreciated!

ENJOY :)

Last edited:
View attachment 347636Also, my updates will be in the following format:

*SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW AND PRE-SEASON*

*MID-SEASON UPDATE*

*WINTER TRANSFER WINDOW*

*WINTER - SPRING UPDATE*

*YOUTH INTAKE/YOUTH UPDATE*

*END OF SEASON UPDATE*

*SEASON REVIEW*

View attachment 347630
SEASON 1

Summer Transfer Window and Pre-season

Transfers - IN

View attachment 347625
I think we had about 4/5 million transfer budget. We have a mix of quality and sh*t quite frankly! A lot of decent players are already out on loan so I decided to add some depth. Matilla will be back-up in midfield, Zapata looks decent and will rotate up top and Vilsvik will be 1st choice DL, you will see why below...

Transfer - OUT

View attachment 347627
Not much to say here, LOTS of loans for young players with the only notable exit being Fabian Johnson. He had a year left on his contract and wouldn't renew so I sold him. Vilsvik looks a bargain at 650k and is a good alternative.

Pre-Season Matches

View attachment 347626

Plenty of fixtures going into the new season, giving the team plenty of time to get used to the tactic and get fit and it certainly worked! 10/12 wins and I know it's only pre-season but the team is getting the winning habit.

Results - August

View attachment 347623

Here are the results from August. 3 wins from 5, absolutely smashed the 1st round of the cup and I'm pretty happy with 6 points from those games as Bayern and Dortmund away early on is always difficult. The Bayern result was harsh and we were unlucky against Dortmund.

Key Player(s)

It was difficult to pick one so it is both Vilsvik or Schipplock, both making a great start to the season.

*Sorry I don't have a league table SS, hopefully it will be more of a surprise!*

Glad to see you've got this up and running mate :)

Looking good

Nice simple and clean layout, looking forward to the next update : )

Looking good will follow

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

View attachment 347283
Mid-Season Update

Bundesliga Results

This update takes us up to the end of December before the winter break. With some of the big boys out the way early I was hopeful we could pick up plenty of points over the next few months...

View attachment 347305
So as you can see we had plenty of games, 13 in total and we only lost twice in 4 months which was very satisfying. More importantly we won 8 of our games, scoring plenty of goals with the 8-1 demolition of Augsburg a particular highlight. We seem to be struggling to keep clean sheets which is slightly annoying, but our centre backs are pretty young so it's fair enough (Sule is only 17).

German Cup

View attachment 347290

Just a few games from the German Cup to update on. We're through to the 4th round after wins over Bundesliga rivals Gladbach and 2nd tier Bochum. Both games were more comfortable than the score lines suggest. Ter Stegen was in ridiculous form in goal for Gladbach but Super Sven got the breakthrough. He followed that up with another goal against Bochum. Oo and 2 cleans sheets! :D

Key Player

I know football is a team sport so credit should go to the whole team for a brilliant few months but stand out player for me was Anthony Modeste. He scored 10 league goals and is forming a great partnership upfront with Kevin Volland.

Again sorry there is no League table, though it means you'll have to keep following to find out how we do ha.

Last edited:
View attachment 347281

Winter Transfer Window

Transfers - IN

View attachment 347279

So not too much activity in January, partly because I didn't feel we needed to make too many changes and I only brought Strandberg in as we sold another CB. I know he's highly rated on FM and the Norwegian league has some real gems, with 300k a bargain!

Transfers - OUT

View attachment 347280

Only a few outs, the top 2 players were deadwood, like 1 star max so I was happy to lose them. The only significant departure was Abraham who was our experienced CB at 27. He was moaning about not playing and he wasn't all that so I let him go and with Strandberg replacing him I made a 1million pound profit.

Winter Break Friendlies

View attachment 347278

Just a few friendly matches to keep the fitness up and give some fringe players a few games and to be fair it was really useful. Zapata has hardly played but showed his potential with 4 goals and even Matilla grabbed a goal too.

News

Just a general update, no SS's needed, the board have been really good with all my requests and have got a few Feeder clubs (as we had none when I joined!) and also upgraded both the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment.

*Please let me know if you're enjoying the story, how you think we'll do, any predictions on our final league position?!*

View attachment 347262

Winter - Spring Update

Bundesliga Results

View attachment 347259

So back to competitive action as we build up to the first Youth Intake under my management, a decent couple of months with 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. Overall I'm pretty happy, a few results I'm pleased with included the win over Dortmund and 0-0 with Bayern after our thrashing at the start of the season. Also comfortably beating Bremen and Gladbach was very pleasing.

In terms of poor results, the 2 defeats are obvious but losing to Braunschweig was really disappointing and then to lose at home to HSV was so frustrating!

German Cup Quarter Final

View attachment 347260

Looks like a like great game and it certainly was a rollacoaster ride for all involved. We were actually 2-0 down and had Polanski sent off in the first half but turned it round fantastically and got the winner in extra time to book a semi-final place.

Key Player

Could go to a few players but it was either Roberto Firminho, who has scored goals and has lots of assists to his name, or Duvan Zapata who is having a bit of a purple patch and is keeping Volland out of the team.

*Next up is the Youth Intake* :D

Looking good. Hoffenheim have good players you can build your team upon!

Looking good. Hoffenheim have good players you can build your team upon!

Cheers mate, yeah they have so much potential! Casteels, Sule, Vestergaard and Rudy are just a few, hoping to bring through some more from the youth team in the future.

Nice results, I reckon you'll finish in the top 2 or 3

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

View attachment 347237
Youth Intake/Update

These updates will be dedicated to the Youth Intake every March and also be a general update on any young players we sign and how they are doing. As mentioned in the opening post Hoffenheim have Excellent Youth Facilities so hopefully we will produce some good youngsters. With this year being caught up I don't have a SS of the whole intake but here are a few of the best players from it.

Robert Berger

View attachment 347232
Always nice to get a decent striker in the first intake and Berger looks good. With some good development he will hopefully see some game time in the future.

Gunter Deufel

View attachment 347233
And equally a good goalkeeper is great too and Deufel is definitely a talent. If he can live up to his PA he will be a great asset to us.

Bodo Hahn

View attachment 347234
A good player with some decent Physical attributes. Our current tactic doesn't use wingers so might have to retrain him or look to sell him in a few years.

So a decent enough first intake and hopefully there's more where that came from. In Germany, players have to be 17 or over so it will be a few years before some of them can get some 1st team action but hopefully they'll develop in that time and can step up to the big time.

What do you think of the Youth players? Are they good enough to make the 1st team?

View attachment 347208
End of Season Update

So here is the update I'm sure you have all been waiting for, the end of the season, where did we finish? You'll be pleased to know this update DOES have a League Table (woo!) :p

Bundesliga Results

View attachment 347202

So a mixed bag during the March, April and May despite a 2 impressive displays against our cup semi-final opponents Nurnberg and Freiburg. Zapata continued his good form from the previous update with 5 goals in those games. This was followed by 1 win from 4 games which threatened to undo our good work but we pulled it back thanks to some commanding performances from Firminho. We were unable to finish the season with a win but Schalke are a decent team so I'm not too disheartened.

German Cup Semi Final

View attachment 347203

With a place in the final up for grabs and after avoiding Bayern in the semi final draw, we were very hopeful ahead of the game against Nurnberg. However, the result shows they wanted it just that little bit more as we were beaten in front of our own fans. I can't really explain it, maybe the tactics, maybe fitness or even complacency, we just weren't up for it. Despite the result it was a good achievement to get this far in my first season!

Final League Table

I had to keep the suspense going just that little bit longer and leave this to the end...

View attachment 347204

WHAT A FIRST SEASON!! :D Remember we were predicted to finish 10th and we came 3rd. We were in 2nd for quite a while but our mixed results near the end meant we just slipped back, though it still means we qualify for next season's Champions League Group Stages! We actually won more games than Dortmund but also lost more, whilst Bayern were their usual efficient self and stormed the league. Schalke will be disappointed with 8th, they bought in Andre Villas Boas but he couldn't turn it around, whilst Werder Bremen will be playing in the 2nd division after an awful season.

Key Player

I'm giving it to Roberto Firminho as he has been instrumental in our success and did well during the update. His contract is up at the end of next season and he's asking for crazy money! Really want to keep him.

Next up is the Season Review. What do you think of our first season? Can we better it next season? All comment welcome :) hope you're enjoying it guys!

Great first season, unlucky to only finish 3 points behind Dortmund. Looking forward to see how Volland and Sule develop next season! : )

Great story up to now.

Robert Berger looks like he could become a properly good poacher, look forward to seeing how he progresses.

so awesome to see a Hoffenheim save. Had one and finished 3rd in the second season but then I lost the save. I like that at Hoffe you can build history and be the first one to bring trophies.

Great first season, unlucky to only finish 3 points behind Dortmund. Looking forward to see how Volland and Sule develop next season! : )

Great story up to now.

Thanks pal, it was beyond all expectations and to be only 3 points behind them is brilliant! They're great players, plus Casteels in goal is quality.

Robert Berger looks like he could become a properly good poacher, look forward to seeing how he progresses.

Hopefully he can make it to the first team, I play 2 up front so he's got a good chance!

so awesome to see a Hoffenheim save. Had one and finished 3rd in the second season but then I lost the save. I like that at Hoffe you can build history and be the first one to bring trophies.

Glad you're enjoying it, they are a great club with lots of talent and potential. I am definitely looking to create the history of the club and hopefully plenty of trophies will be won in the future! :)

Really appreciated all the comments guys, Season Review should be up soon!