TSG 1899 Hoffenheim - Creating some History!

Looks really good mate! Hoffenheim are a club I always want to do well IRL

View attachment 347087

Season 1 Review

So overall it was a fantastic first season at Hoffenheim. The team gelled together really well and the tactic worked brilliantly. We were within 3 points of Dortmund in 2nd and comfortably qualified for the Champions League, whilst also having a good cup run, despite a poor result that ended it.

BUNDESLIGA - 3RD PLACE

I'm sure I've mentioned it before but we were predicted to finish 10th and we bettered that by an incredible 7 places. The team does have lots of quality, but we didn't have much in terms of depth which makes this an even better achievement. We'll be looking to match this, if not better it, next season.

GERMAN CUP - SEMI FINAL

A really good cup run in my first season in charge. I think this was helped by not playing in Europe, which we will be doing next year. I definitely think we should've got to the final as we beat Nurnberg comfortable in the league prior to this match. Bayern went on to win it and it will be a test to stop their domestic domination.

MY GAME OF THE SEASON - 3-1 WIN vs DORTMUND

It was a toss up between this and the 8-1 win against Augsburg, but I think it has to be this one considering they are a very strong team and we brushed them aside quite frankly!

Best 11 (Hoffenheim) - Season 1

View attachment 347081

So here's our best 11 from Season 1. Some outstanding performances, with special mentions to Sule, Vilsvik, Roberto Firminho and Modeste.

Team of the Year (Bundesliga)

View attachment 347082

Not surprising to see 8 of the 11 coming from Bayern (5) and Dortmund (3). Lewandowski is joining Bayern next year so they will be even stronger! It's brilliant to have 2 players in there, Roberto Firminho has been great both scoring and assisting all year, whilst Vilsvik has been a great signing and scored 9 goals from LB!

Player's Player of the Year (Bundesliga)

View attachment 347083

Football of the Year (Bundesliga)

View attachment 347086

Players Manager of the Year (Bundesliga)

View attachment 347084

Manager of the Year (Bundesliga)

View attachment 347085

As you can see both Modeste and Roberto Firminho were in the running for some of the personal awards, whilst is was nice to get some awards myself, though they don't mean a lot as it's all about the team. However, beating Guardiola is pretty nice :p

Hoffenheim Awards

Player of the Year & Fans Player of the Year - Roberto Firminho

Just for his all round contribution it has to be Roberto Firminho. He got 13 goals, 14 assists and 4 PoM and was a really important player. I don't think he even got injured through the whole season!

Young Player of the Year - Niklas Sule

A great season under his belt and still only 18! He became Hoffenheim's youngest player in the German 1st Round and looks like a player beyond his years. He is definitely one I plan to keep for a long time and will be key to our success going forward.

Top Scorer - Anthony Modeste (19 goals)

He probably should've got Player of the Year too as he also got 14 assists. He formed a great partnership with Kevin Volland and got a decent return this season.

*That is Season 1 done guys, can we better it next season? The 2nd season is very interesting ;) *

Congrats on Manager of the Year, hopefully the board give you a decent amount of cash to help you bring in some added quality and depth into your team to really push Dortmund for second place. Good luck in the Champions League next year too! : )

Great season, good luck for next year.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

View attachment 346470
SEASON 2

Summer Transfer Window and Pre-Season

Welcome to season 2 guys, after last years great showing in the league we will have high hopes for this coming season as we also test ourselves against Europe's very best in the Champions League. It was a very interesting summer, with the World Cup and a number of loan players coming back we had a busy few months preparing for the new season.

Transfers - IN

View attachment 346465

As you can see we were extremely active in the transfer market as we looked to add quality, depth and youth to both the 1st team and U19s. A number of young players were bought in, with a number of the deals being done near the end of last year. 9 of the 17 were for the youth squad and I want go into too much detail about them as I'll save that for the Youth Intake/Youth Update.

In terms of first teamers, he is who we got: Davy Propper, Sebastian Rode and Benjamin Siegrist all came on frees and I am thrilled with the Rode signing. He is quality. The others are likely to be back-ups but are very good. Other key additions are Ben Davies from relegated Swansea and Pjanic who we got from Chelsea, a year after they paid about 18mil for him. Jordan Ayew comes in and Casper Sloth is a gem found from Denmark.

Transfers - OUT

View attachment 346466View attachment 346467

As you will see 2 MASSIVE outgoings! A load of players left on frees or loans and these were the only notable exits from the club, but arguably 2 of our best players. Let me talk you through them though! First off I NEVER wanted to lose Volland, the board agreed to sell him last season to Atletico Madrid but I protested and he stayed and once again this deal was one over my head. The money was too good to refuse and it could rise to 21.5mil, though he absolute quality and was the reason Ayew came in.

Roberto Firminho was slightly different. As I said before, he only had a year left on his contract and was asking for 88k+ a week and it just wasn't happening, so I tried to get as much as I could. To be fair, 17mil is pretty good though going to Dortmund really hurt. Pjanic comes in to replace him.

Pre-season Friendlies

View attachment 346457

Nowhere near as many friendlies this year, but another successful pre-season. No major teams there but we scored plenty and only conceded 3 in 6 games, plenty of positives! As you can see Eren Derdiyok is back with us after a loan spell with Bayer Leverkusen, hopefully he can chip in with some goals this years.

Bundesliga Results

View attachment 346458

What a start to the season!! Brilliant to see the loss of 2 big players hasn't affected us as we storm the opening 5 games. I played a fairly strong team in the cup as we ran riot, and followed it up with 4 wins from 4 games, including Dortmund and Schalke. We haven't even conceded a goal yet as the defence looks well reinforced with the addition of Davies. Also nice to see new recruits Pjanic and Ayew getting some goals! :D

LEAGUE POSITION - 1ST

Again, as I'm catching up on the story a bit I don't have a league table so sorry for that. However, after our great start I'm sure you won't be surprised to see us sitting top of the league with 100% record. Long may it continue!!

Key Player

After a great month, it wasn't easy to choose one but I think I'll go with Miralem Pjanic, who had big boots to fill with Roberto Firminho leaving and he's stepped up to the plate. A couple of goals and controlling the games as we look to push on this season.

So let me know your thoughts, was I right to sell Roberto Firminho? Can we maintain our position at the top? Will the new signings settle in?

Thanks again for you all following, stay tuned as I'm sure this season will be a big one!

Some great business in the transfer window. Absolute steals for Davies and Pjanic. Good price for Ayew, seen him turn good in a few of my saves, Rode on a free too is excellent. Sad to see Volland and Firmino leave but you've gotten a great price for the both of them. Very strong start in the league, hope it continues : )

Nice to see the momentum you got in pre-season carrying on into the competitive season.

Any of those youth that you brought in wonderkids?

Very impressive transfer market.

Nice to see the momentum you got in pre-season carrying on into the competitive season.

Any of those youth that you brought in wonderkids?

Very impressive transfer market.

Thanks mate, hopefully it continues. The team feels so much stronger already!

They are all pretty good, minimum 4 star potential. Despite the great facilities, there weren't any 'wonder kids' in the U19s and I made a point of using a few million on that area. I bought so many Danish players lol. N'Diaye is 16 and a beast, I'll show you him in a few updates time :)

View attachment 345558
Mid-Season Update

So after a great start, the question on everyone's lips was could we hold onto top spot? It was a busy few months with the addition of Champions League games, where we drawn against Tottenham, Real Madrid and CSKA Moscow!

Bundesliga Results

View attachment 345538

A busy few months as I mentioned and after our blistering start to the campaign we hit a blip almost straight away as we endured a very average September. 3 consecutive draws could be seen as positive as we remained undefeated but we should be beating Frankfurt and Nurnberg so I'm disappointed. The Gladbach result was really annoying but I'm delighted we bounced back with 8 wins from the next 9 games including victories over Leverkusen, Wolfsburg and the mighty Bayern:p!!

League Table

View attachment 345539

Despite our mini blip, those impressive wins meant we were still top going into the winter break which is amazing! I really thought we'd struggle a bit without Volland and Firminho but the new boys have settled in well and I feel like there's plenty of quality in the squad now. We're actually storming it, with an 8 point gap over Stuttgart and Bayern, whilst Dortmund are struggling in 5th and check out the surprise package; Hertha Berlin. Also quite surprised to see HSV in 16th and poor Bochum with just the solitary win to their name.

German Cup

View attachment 345540

Not much to say here. Before the league win we hadn't beaten Leverkusen in 3 games, they're kinda my bogey team! We get knocked out but we do have Europe this season which is of higher priority.

Champions League

So our first Champions League campaign… how did we do?

View attachment 345541

Pretty well! We certainly gave a good account of ourselves considering we'd never competed in it before. It started brilliantly with a convincing win in Moscow and then an unbelievable win over the mighty Real Madrid! We came unstuck against Spurs, but a 4-0 win against CSKA helped us bounce back. The defeat to Real looks pretty bad but I rotated quite heavily and they were fairly clinical so it was slightly harsh.

View attachment 345542

WOOO!! We qualify for the knockout rounds, which is a great achievement especially when I would've been happy with Europa League football after Christmas.

View attachment 345543

Here is the draw for the 1st Knockout round where we face tough opposition in the form of Italian side Juventus. Who knows what will happen, I'm pleased to be here and I think the players can do it!

Key Player

View attachment 345528

The star of the show is the young Welshman, who at 7mil is looking a steal with some of his performances. A very solid defender and has even chipped in with some goals.

News

Just a bit of news, might have mentioned it already, but the board have agreed to upgrade both the Training and Youth Facilities over the last few months meaning we will soon have Top facilities in both which is amazing! Should help us produce some great young players :)

*Winter Transfer Window up next*

Last edited:
Great form, keep it up.

View attachment 344720

Winter Transfer Window

Transfers - IN

View attachment 344714

A pretty good January in terms of additions as we add 3 youngsters and 3 first team players. I felt the DR spot was an area that needed improving and we invested in Serge Aurier who I've heard good things about and is only 22! We also had an extra striking spot and I'm chuffed with the signing of Henriquez from Man Utd, his stats are below and he looks immense. Our final transfer in of Vedran Corluka, the ex-Spurs and Man City man who adds valuable experience at the back. We got him on the cheap as his contract was up and hopefully he can be a rock at the back.

View attachment 344718View attachment 344717View attachment 344716

As you may notice Aurier and Corluka are both worth more than we paid! (H)

Transfers - OUT

View attachment 344715

Just a few players left, Schipplock and Thesker were in the 1st team squad but moaned about lack of opportunities so I let them go. Also let Hamad go on loan which was good as he doesn't fit our system and new addition Axelsson will hopefully get some experience on loan.

Winter Break Friendlies

View attachment 344719

These friendlies never really mean much, so not to bothered about the 1-1 with Union SG though we still should've beaten them. Good to see us get some confidence with some big wins, albeit against weak opposition. I tested another tactic and it worked well so might use it now and then.

*What do you think of the transfers? Can we hold on and win the league? All feedback welcome*

Like the look of your signings mate, especially Aurier! Would be nice to get SS's of the youngsters you sign in the updates as well. Keep up the good work!

Nice transfers

Very good signings mate!

Actually pretty excited to see all these youngsters your buying!

Like the look of your signings mate, especially Aurier! Would be nice to get SS's of the youngsters you sign in the updates as well. Keep up the good work!
Nice transfersSent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Very good signings mate!Actually pretty excited to see all these youngsters your buying!
Thanks guys! I'm really pleased with the transfer business, hopefully they all do well. I shall make sure I put some SS of the youngsters too in the future :) I will show lots in the Youth update!

Brilliant signings once again mate, another steal getting Aurier for £8.5m! Had him a few times and is an absolute monster further on into the game, Sebastian Jung and Corchia are good options for RB too. Like the look of
Henriquez too, looks like a well rounded striker for his age : )

Brilliant signings once again mate, another steal getting Aurier for £8.5m! Had him a few times and is an absolute monster further on into the game, Sebastian Jung and Corchia are good options for RB too. Like the look of
Henriquez too, looks like a well rounded striker for his age : )

Cheers pal, it was a good price and hopefully he turns out as good as you say! Hopefully Henriquez can bang in some goals for us and I'm already thinking about trying to get him on loan next year if he does well.