TSG 1899 Hoffenheim - Creating some History!

View attachment 343927

Spring Update

With the Winter Break over I was hoping we could continue our good form into the second half of the season.

Bundesliga Results

View attachment 343920

As you can see from the results, a lot of green! After a very slow start, which I was far from impressed with, we bounced back in spectacular fashion with 7 straight wins. Dortmund away wasn't the best game to start back with but we looked up for it and were 2-0 up thanks to Beck, before throwing it away. Raging! Then our 10 game unbeaten run was in tatters as we were cut apart by surprise package Hertha. We really should've got more from these games and in the process through away our 8 point lead at the top, with us being level on points with Bayern at one stage. That was before our awesome run of 7 wins. It was brilliant with Henriquez scoring 4 in 3 games and Polanski's goal at Gladbach should be Goal of the Season!

League Table

View attachment 343921

That table is looking great if you're a Hoffenheim fan, top of the pile, 8 points clear of Bayern. Thanks to our great run we stretched our lead out and look comfortable with that gap. I also noticed we are a massive 17 points clear of 3rd place, meaning we are almost certain to be top 2. :D Hertha are doing really well, while Gladbach are in the relegation zone. Ex player Roberto Firminho is doing really well for Dortmund btw, though I don't think Volland has had much of a look in.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round - 1st Leg

View attachment 343922

Not a great result but it doesn't tell the full story of the game. We lost but we had more shots and had Corluka sent off shortly before Llorente scored the decisive goal. I'm still hopeful we could sneak through but it will be really tough going to Turin and winning. Fingers crossed eh!

Key Player

View attachment 343923

The man of the update has to be this guy, Miralem Pjanic. He's been in great goal scoring form during our good run and has been really influential in that AM role. If this forms continues this could be an unforgettable season for the Hoffe.

*Coming soon is the Youth Intake/Youth Update - I know TractorBoy7 is looking forward to it :D ha *

Hi Guys, sorry for the delay in an update! I've been enjoying the new football season a bit too much. SHould have the long-awaited youth intake update up this evening. Thanks again for following and, as always, all feedback and comments welcome :)

View attachment 343001

Youth Intake/Youth Update

Here it is boys and girls, probably the most exciting part of any season, the youth intake! Will we have any stars of the future or just mediocre rubbish? Let me introduce you to the latest batch of talent at The Hoffe...

View attachment 342997

Not a bad bunch, a few special talents at the top there, one in particular. Obviously it's not the best intake, but it's not the worst and I hope at least one of these guys will make it into the 1st team in a few years. Here are the stand-out players in more detail...

Finn-Lasse Voss

View attachment 342998
This guy is the star man from this year with a 4.5* potential. He has good pace, tackling and work rate. Hopefully he can live up to his potential.

Walter Menzel

View attachment 342999

Good determination, work rate and team work from Menzel means he has a decent starting point. The main problem is his position on the right as we don't use wide men so maybe I will re-train him. He's got plenty of time.

Patrick Reck

View attachment 343000

Another defensive player, this time of the right of the back 4. I'd love for Patrick to 'reck' through teams, whether that will happen remains to be seen, but he's another decent prospect.

U19 Squad

View attachment 342994

Here is a SS of my current U19 squad for those who are interested in what we are building. The vast majority have been bought in and I'm always on the look out around this time to find more. You'll see there are a number of high potential players and the aim is to have them moving up and developing into great players.

Here are a few individuals in closer detail, a few I definitely think will be stars:

View attachment 342990View attachment 342991View attachment 342992View attachment 342993View attachment 342989

N'Diaye and Grill cost me around 1mil each but looking at their values now they already could prove to be bargains!

Future Players

We also have deals in place for more talent to join us over the coming years. The reason is due to where they are coming from and not being able to join us until they reach a certain age, but they show we cover all parts of the globe to find some great talent.

View attachment 342986View attachment 342987View attachment 342988View attachment 342985

There you have it! :D

*Any particular players caught your eye? Who will be a success? Any SS requests are welcome!*

View attachment 342141
End of Season Update

It's the home-stretch, the end is in sight and the prize of the Bundesliga title is in our sights. Could we hold off the challenge of Bayern and win our first piece of silverware. With many twists and turns along the way, here it is...

Bundesliga Results

View attachment 342135

Here are the results from our last 8 games of the season, a mixed bunch, I'm sure you'll agree. 4 wins, 3 draws and a heavy defeat to title-rivals Bayern meant it was a tense few months, as the race for the title concluded. You'll recall our great 7-game winning run in the last update, but this was foiled by HSV and started a poor run of 3 draws in 4. It meant we dropped crucial points and the Freiburg game was very frustrating having 21 shots! We bounced back with 3 straight wins, the best of which game against Wolfsburg. An epic game, where we went 2-0 up thanks to a 35-yard screamer from Rudy and an awful back pass that allowed Pjanic in. However, seconds later we were reduced to 10 men after Aurier was sent off! We held on for an hour and never looked like losing!

Question is… was it enough? Could we hold off Bayern?

Final League Table

View attachment 342136

View attachment 342137
YESSSSSSS WOOOOO!!! We did it, despite the thrashing against Bayern (though rotating a number of players), we held them off thanks to those 3 wins in a row and actually won it after beating Wolfsburg. It was so tense and nerve-racking and I was really worried we could through it away but the team pulled together fantastically! It was very close, winning it by just a point, but the really surprise was the gap between us and 3rd place Dortmund; a massive 16 points. Jokes on you Firminho :p

Elsewhere, very impressive seasons from Hertha Berlin and HSV, whilst Schalke won the German Cup to get into Europe. Leverkusen finished a disappointing 11th and the bottom 3 all went down.

Also, our title-winning side had an average age of 24 :D

Champions League - 2nd Leg

View attachment 342138

I know it was a while ago but after losing 1-0 in the first leg, we travelled to Turin looking to overturn the first leg deficit. We played brilliantly and one more goal would've seen us through! We hit the woodwork multiple times and it makes going down to 10 men in the home leg even more annoying, as a goal at home also would've seen us through.

Overall it was a great effort by the lads and getting to the knockout rounds is something to be proud of in our debut season.​

View attachment 342139

Btw, Bayern got to the final of the Champions League but lost on penalties (I thought Germans would good at pens?!). It means they finish 2nd both domestically and in Europe!

Key Player

View attachment 342140

Ayew has been great and his 17 goals and countless assists definitely helped us over the line. I hope he can continue to improve and be even better next season.

News

View attachment 342111

Some really pleasing news is our Under 19s won the Under 19 Cup, beating Dortmund U19 on penalties. Great to see the youngsters winning something and shows we could have some good players coming through in the future.

That's Season 2 over, the review will be up next. Please let me know your thoughts! Can we retain it next season? Who should we target in the summer? All feedback is much appreciated

Last edited:
Very nice! Just started a save with Hoffenheim so will definitely be following this!

View attachment 342048
Season 2 Review

An unbelievable season comes to an end, but what a season it was. Our first season in Europe, followed by our first title. Hopefully it is the first of many. We are building a great, young team and we will look to improve it over the summer as we bid to defend our crown.

BUNDESLIGA - 1ST PLACE (CHAMPIONS)

After a brilliant 3rd place finish the year before, I didn't think we could improve by much but the team showed their potential by winning the Bundesliga for the first time. This time we were predicted to finish 6th but shattered that! Can we better this? Who knows..

GERMAN CUP - 2ND ROUND

A pretty disappointing campaign in the cup this time around, especially after making the semis last season. The aim next season will be to get further and give some youngsters a run in the competition.

MY GAME OF THE SEASON - 3-2 WIN vs REAL MADRID

To be honest, I could've picked one of a number of games as this was an incredible season and one we won't forget in a hurry. However, this game was our first home Champion League game and we beat arguably the biggest team in the world. Fantastic!

Best 11 (Hoffenheim) - Season 2

View attachment 342046

Great to see the new players getting in the Best 11. Some massive performances this year from Davies, Pjanic and Ayew, whilst Modeste, Sule and Casteels were again fantastic.

Team of the Year (Bundesliga)

View attachment 342047

So this year we have 4 players in the team of the year, 2 of the new boys as well as Super Sule and Cracking Casteels. Bayern unsurprisingly have quite a few in there, with the other 3 coming from Dortmund, Mainz and HSV. Pjanic was in fantastic form with 13 goals (3rd top scorer in the league) and 10 assists.

Player's Player of the Year

View attachment 342045

Footballer of the Year

View attachment 342042

Player's Manager of the Year

View attachment 342044

Manager of the Year

View attachment 342043

As you can see a number of personal awards came Hoffenheim's way, whilst Ben Davies came 2nd in the Player's Player of the Year award, Pjanic was named Footballer of the Year and I added consecutive managerial awards to my name, which is always nice.

Hoffenheim Awards

Fan's Player of the Year - Ben Davies

The Welshman was brilliant and slotted into our system with ease and deserved gets this award. He can only get better and was another fantastic signing.

Young Player of the Year - Niklas Sule

It's this man for the 2nd year in a row and it was the easiest choice ever. The guy played 43 times and was is maturing into a great player. We'll have to fight off big teams to keep him but he could be a beast in years to come!

Top Scorer - Jordan Ayew (17 goals)

A great first season from Ayew, who else grabbed 12 assists this season. Looking a bargain at 6mil and hopefully can bang them in again next year.

That's Season 2 finished, we are the Champions! What are your thoughts on the season? Hope you're enjoying it. :D

View attachment 340559
SEASON 3

Summer Transfer Window and Pre-Season

Onto Season 3, it will be a tough one as last season was the greatest in Hoffenheim's history after the league win. However, they were definitely areas to improve, not just in the playing staff but also with the coaching and other stuff behind the scenes. Over the off-season our stature grew as our reputation is now Worldwide, showing the huge strides we've made already.

Transfers - IN

View attachment 340543

It was a busy, stressful, exciting transfer window as we spent just of 25million. Now that it's over I am very happy with the players coming in and we have really strengthened the squad. Angelo Henriquez is back after an impressive loan spell with us last year and is joined by Niklas Stark who we got from relegated Nurnberg. Gonzalez is just a back-up keeper, whilst Ibeas was picked up cheap despite some amazing stats! I've been tracking Pizarro for a while and reinforces the DM position and our new record signing, Leon Goretzka games from Schalke. I'm pleased to add a few young Germans up and we now have more depth in the squad.

View attachment 340537View attachment 340539View attachment 340540View attachment 340541View attachment 340536

Transfers - OUT

View attachment 340544

This SS doesn't show all the departures but the others are just loans and end of contracts, the only one of note being Eugen Polanski. Elsewhere, our feeder club Karlsruhe, took 5 of our players on loan, whilst other prospects Mortensen, Henriksen and N'Diaye all went for good first team experience. Henriksen had 74 loans offer, with N'Diaye having 64 before choosing the mighty Real Madrid!!

We raised a decent amount of money from selling a lot of (in my opinion) deadwood/unwanted players. Many of the players were in the reserves or dropping down the pecking order so was good to get some money to fund some of the incomings. Casper Sloth left on loan on deadline day after Goretzka came in, to get some game time.

Pre-season Friendlies

View attachment 340548

A mixed pre-season, though we did play some much stronger teams than in previous years with the likes of Shakhtar, Hull and Barcelona. We had no problems against weak opposition, with a massive 10-0 win in there! As you'll see there was also the Super Cup against Schalke which we lost on penalties. It was a pretty dull match and, despite me not knowing, it went straight to penalties where we came within one kick of winning! Unfortunately new signing Stark missed it...

Bundesliga Results

View attachment 340546

It wasn't the best start to our title defence as we lose our opening 2 league games, after a big win in the cup. They were very frustrating as we were dominant against Hannover, hitting the woodwork 4 times, and then losing to Bayern in the 92nd minute and were down to 10-men after Aurier got sent off!

Thankfully, we bounced back and showed our authority as we confidently beat Leverkusen at the BayArena and snuck past Gladbach thanks to Pjanic's goal. Hopefully we can go on a bit of a run now and get up the table.

League Table

View attachment 340545

Certainly not where we want to be, languishing in 8th place, whilst rivals Dortmund and Schalke have 100% records and we are behind the likes of Frankfurt, Freiburg and newly-promoted Werder Bremen. Obviously it is early doors but we don't want to let the big teams get away even early on.

Champions League Draw

View attachment 340547

Our 2nd season in the Chmapions League and we get a competitive group. Chelsea are the standout team but I certainly think we can take Valencia and Ajax. Pjanic will play his former team (Chelsea) and we might see youngster Henriksen against Valencia.

News

View attachment 340558

Only real bit of news is that after winning the league I was offered a new contract during the summer. I duly obliged. Hopefully we can make Hoffenheim a force!

Any thoughts on the new signings? Can we challenge for the title again this year? Should be an exciting season :)

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates! I should have one up tonight :) Are people still following/enjoying the story? Anything I could do to improve? I might try and make it more interactive with transfers and things?

Cheers

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates! I should have one up tonight :) Are people still following/enjoying the story? Anything I could do to improve? I might try and make it more interactive with transfers and things?

Cheers

I think it's fine the way it is mate, nice and simple layout with informative writing. Pictures are a nice touch too! : )

View attachment 339188

Mid-Season Update

It wasn't the greatest start to a season but as Champions we are obviously under a lot more pressure and expectation now. We were aiming to work our way up the table and looking to qualify from a tough CL group.

Bundesliga Results

View attachment 339182

We definitely were struggling at points for consistency and I think we were really unlucky with some of our results in all competitions, albeit on occasions we were just poor! 9 wins from 13 is definitely decent going, however, I feel we should be slightly better off after throwing away a lead at Stuttgart late on and a 92nd minute goal at Dortmund. To add insult to injury it was former player Roberto Firminho who scored a cracker :mad:

We certainly weren't struggling to find the net, but we conceded far too many for my liking, though this wasn't helped by Niklas Sule being out for 7 weeks! I'm already looking at the getting a DC and a ST in January as we I think we need improving. Any suggestions are appreciated :D

League Table

View attachment 339183

So after those games we found ourselves in 4th. Not ideal but OK at this stage. To put into context, this time last year we were top with 6 more points and had only lost 1 game! Focusing on the positives though, we are only 4 points off the top and at one point we were a good way off. Schalke started off on fire with 9 consecutive wins but near the end of the year they lost 3 in a row so allow Dortmund to go top. Bayern are off the pace but still looking strong, whilst Werder Bremen are this years surprise package. Poor old Hertha with only one win!

German Cup

View attachment 339184

I really wanted to do better in this competition and was pretty confident as we hadn't previously lost to Wolfsburg before this game. This was one of our poor games and to lose at home is so frustrating as since then Bayern AND Dortmund have been knocked out too!!

Champions League

View attachment 339185

We had a very competitive group this year and being seeded 4th doesn't help but we got some decent results. 2 early wins set us up well, before a last gasp penalty against Chelsea. We were robbed in the return game against them after scoring late to make it 2-2. A good draw and the thrashing of Ajax, thanks to new-boy Goretzka helped us end very positively.

View attachment 339186

No your eyes are not deceiving you were finished TOP of the group, with Chelsea missing out after losing at home to Valencia! This is a great achievement and we again make the knockout rounds, hopefully we can progress further. Here is the draw...

View attachment 339187

We will be up against Galatasaray after topping the group. Not the worst draw, not the best, I was hoping for Genk! But I think we still can beat them if we play well so fingers crossed.

Key Player

View attachment 339178

It was a close one between record signing Leon Goretska and this guy, but I think Angelo's fantastic scoring record means he takes it. 12 in 14 games is brilliant from the loanee as he continues his great form from last season with us. He was injured for a bit but if he stays fit for the rest of the season he could get loads!

News

The facilities upgrade have now been completed so they are classed at 'Top' now which is great! We have also had the French teams sniffing around...

View attachment 339179

They actually increased it to 4.9m but I'm not interested. PSG also came in for Davies but I rejected it, though now Monaco have bid 30million for him! What should I do guys? Do i sell? Ask for more?

*It could be an interesting transfer window after that big offer, see what happens in the next update - Feedback welcome!*

Great read.How much money do you get for winning the German league?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great read.How much money do you get for winning the German league?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers! I think it was about £36million. The prize money generally in the league is pretty good.

View attachment 337508

Winter Transfer Window

It's the halfway point in the season and the winter break gives me plenty of time to focus on transfers… especially that big offer for Ben Davies!

Transfers - IN

View attachment 337502

A fair amount of cash was spent as we looked to improve our squad and push us upwards in the second half of the season. The top 5 incomings are youngsters, whilst the last 3 are the big ones. I identified 3 key positions; a CB, ST and LB. I think all the deals were very good business for us as ex-Bayern player Musacchio, promising Plattenhardt and Batshuayi come in.

View attachment 337501View attachment 337500View attachment 337499

Transfers - OUT

View attachment 337503

As mentioned in the last update, we had a massive offer from Monaco for one of our star players, Davies. It was an offer that was gonna be too hard to turn down but I wanted to get as much money for him as I could and 35mil is brilliant! Obviously that shows why we got Plattenhardt in, but he's German so will also be homegrown.

Strandberg was the only other first team exit as he was complaining about lack of football and as I found a suitable replacement in Musacchio. Elsewhere just some loans, with important ones being Grill to Stuttgart and Eliassen to Atlanta. They are great prospects and some first team experience at those clubs will be fantastic for them!

Winter Break Friendlies

View attachment 337504

We had quite a few friendlies this season, unlike in previous campaigns, but it meant the players would stay fit and the new boys could settle in. A few convincing wins in there which is always nice, with youngsters Avenatti and Jensen getting on the scoresheet.

Now it's time to push on and get up that table! Can we do it? Thoughts on signings?

Last edited:
Absolutely insane price for Davies, how much profit did you end up making off of his sale? Musacchio and Batshuayi are solid signings and for great prices! I'm shocked that Batshuayi hadn't already been snapped up by somebody else considering how good he becomes and with such a low buyout clause, another good window for you! : )

Absolutely insane price for Davies, how much profit did you end up making off of his sale? Musacchio and Batshuayi are solid signings and for great prices! I'm shocked that Batshuayi hadn't already been snapped up by somebody else considering how good he becomes and with such a low buyout clause, another good window for you! : )

I know, was very pleased with it! I got him for 7 million so a profit of 28mil in 18 months with us :D Yeah I'd been watching Batshuayi and nobody had picked him up so I decided to get him. Plattenhardt has started brilliantly too! Thanks for following.