Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 599
  • Views Views 28K
Thats one thing I don't understand. Why people would live in such a dangerously high risk area. Not just talking about California. But so close to volcanoes, slap bang on fault lines. I'm not referring to people individually, but why people would chose to pick an area like that to expand a city, for businesses etc. The home insurance would be so high aswell I guess, as well as insurance for businesses etc.

YouTube - (BBC)How the Earth Made Us 1-Deep Earth -Part 1

That BBC documentary pretty much explains why people have settled near fault lines.

Lets not waste our time on the complete ******* ignorance of some people, lets not generalise all americans, they shouldnt be tarred by the actions of some

Lets not waste our time on the complete ******* ignorance of some people, lets not generalise all americans, they shouldnt be tarred by the actions of some
I looked on some of the profiles because i have nothing better to do and some of them got some pretty horrible reactions, well done to those people.

The sad thing is none of them were even born when Pearl Harbour was bombed....

America is a country cluttered with ignoramuses, dumb wastes of life, and geniuses

And why should they even care about Pearl Habor? It was a military initiative, that didn't affect the civilian populi.

Death toll's reportedly at 10,000 - 17,000

America is a country cluttered with ignoramuses, dumb wastes of life, and geniuses

And why should they even care about Pearl Habor? It was a military initiative, that didn't affect the civilian populi.

Americans are just brainwashed to believe pearl harbour was an act of evil. What annoys me is that they dropped Nukes after and killed millions of people..... They werent exactly saints in vietnam either, they went into some villages and killed everyone.

lets not turn this into a hate thread of Americans. yes there are some idiots who posted stuff like that but I gurantee there are a **** of a lot more giving aid to Japan. I've already seen a few digusting jokes on my news feed on facebook from english people. I read that a volcano has become active in an area away from the earthquake, that true?

lets not turn this into a hate thread of Americans. yes there are some idiots who posted stuff like that but I gurantee there are a **** of a lot more giving aid to Japan. I've already seen a few digusting jokes on my news feed on facebook from english people. I read that a volcano has become active in an area away from the earthquake, that true?
Yeah its started to spit some ash out. Japan is gonna take a long time to recover from this because they dont really have any natural resources to get going again, the land quality was poor in the first place.

Yeah its started to spit some ash out. Japan is gonna take a long time to recover from this because they dont really have any natural resources to get going again, the land quality was poor in the first place.

god so the whole country is going to be devestated :/ Lets pray that the nuclear reactor doesn't leak huge amounts of radiation

Man is rescued TEN MILES out to sea after clinging to roof of his obliterated house for two days - Daily Fail

Man is rescued TEN MILES out to sea after clinging to roof of his obliterated house for two days - Daily Fail

What a shame to lose his wife after surviving afloat his debris, heart wrenching when he was saved and his life was already accounted for.

2011: A former adviser on radiation to the UK government, Dr Christopher Busby, has told the BBC the situation at the nuclear plants is extremely serious. "Particularly concerning is the [Fukushima] number three reactor which I understand is in trouble now, because... it runs on a different sort of fuel; it doesn't run on uranium, it runs on a mixed uranium plutonium fuel, and plutonium is an extremely serious hazard so if this stuff comes out then it's going to make what's happened so far, in terms of the tsunami damage, look a little bit like an entrée to the real course."

Doesn't sound good at all. Step up the official distributor of optimism please. :)

god so the whole country is going to be devestated :/ Lets pray that the nuclear reactor doesn't leak huge amounts of radiation

Or let us do something proactive for a change, instead of praying.

2011: A former adviser on radiation to the UK government, Dr Christopher Busby, has told the BBC the situation at the nuclear plants is extremely serious. "Particularly concerning is the [Fukushima] number three reactor which I understand is in trouble now, because... it runs on a different sort of fuel; it doesn't run on uranium, it runs on a mixed uranium plutonium fuel, and plutonium is an extremely serious hazard so if this stuff comes out then it's going to make what's happened so far, in terms of the tsunami damage, look a little bit like an entrée to the real course."

Doesn't sound good at all. Step up the official distributor of optimism please. :)

The protective chambers still haven't officially been breached.

That's all I got on that one...

Back