Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

Max

Reaction score
North Eastern Japan has suffered a massive earthquake and also a Tsunami today. The Earthquake was measured with a magnitude of 8.9, and Seismologists have claimed it's one of the biggest earthquakes to hit Japan for many years.

A tsunami warning has been sent out to the Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, the Pacific coast of Russia and Hawaii.

Some nuclear power plants were automatically shutdown and the Prime Minister Naoto Kan has said there's been no radiation leaks.

Click here for more

So.. I expect everyone will start saying '2012 came early!' etc now?

8.9 thats one **** of a quake.

& 2012 is a bunch of ****.

yeah pics are horrific , ive survived a 7.1 and a 6.3 and maybe a tsunami in the morning as now christchurch nz have got a warning haha

looks like they are suspecting Cali to get hit buy some waves from it around 8am(6hours from now).

Last edited:
8.9 Magnitude, luckily the epicentre wasn't too close otherwise there would've been absolute chaos. As it is, we can only hope a minimum of damage has been done.

This is just the start of it this morning...its going to get worse throughout the day. Death toll at 26 so far, but it is going to be far far higher.

Nasty aftershocks have been reported, with it triggering fires in the area.

Not good. :(

Hard thing is to decide what to say without sound hollow and flippant. Can only extend my sympathies and thoughts to the families of those killed and indeed of all Japan at this time.

So much being destroyed :( Including the place where they make Nintendos, i heard it has also been destroyed :(

The world will only end in 2012 if Leeds win EPL next year. Basicly, the world WON'T end.

So much being destroyed :( Including the place where they make Nintendos, i heard it has also been destroyed :(

Oh no, not the place where they make nintendo's..... oO)
Hope the people are ok, judging by pictures of that Tsunami there could be a lot of casualties!

Oh no, not the place where they make nintendo's..... oO)
Hope the people are ok, judging by pictures of that Tsunami there could be a lot of casualties!