Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

we are talking about mother nature here so no one now's whats going to happend in the future

just got up at 11:45 and put on BBC1 like i usually do to read the gossip column and when i seen BBC NEWS Special i thought something very bad must have happened..

It did :( Thats some earthquake/tsunamni the pictures are frightining, hope they are ok

pray for japan

fortunately i live in west indonesia, so i think nothing happen to us

It's apparently going to hit Hawaii in under an hour and Mexico's coastline in 3/4 hours.

This. Is. *******. Insane.

It's apparently going to hit Hawaii in under an hour and Mexico's coastline in 3/4 hours.

This. Is. *******. Insane.
Tsunami alerts have been extended to the following countries among others:

Russia
Papua New Guinea
Australia
New Zealand
Fiji
Mexico
Guatemala
El Salvador
Costa Rica
Nicaragua
Panama
Honduras
Chile
Ecuador
Colombia
Peru

12.36pm: People within 2km of the Fukushima nuclear plant have been told to evacuate as a precaution against radioactive leakage from the reactor, which is subject to a state of emergency, Sankei reports (Japanese link). The authorities said earlier there has been no radiation link from the plant but it has a problem with its cooling system.

Tsunami alerts have been extended to the following countries among others:

Russia
Papua New Guinea
Australia
New Zealand
Fiji
Mexico
Guatemala
El Salvador
Costa Rica
Nicaragua
Panama
Honduras
Chile
Ecuador
Colombia
Peru
Jeeeesus Christ. Although I heard Australia's gunna be alright, and New Zealand's warning got taken away.

Jeeeesus Christ. Although I heard Australia's gunna be alright, and New Zealand's warning got taken away.

I think a lot of places will cope with the Tsunami now, an island has only experienced 5ft waves, which is decreasing all the time the longer it lasts. It's just the very, very small islands that may struggle with it.

Well on the "plus" side, the Tsunami thats going to hit Hawaii may not be as bad as first though. It's already hit an island (forgot the name) and its dropped to a few foot, so its already lost force.
Like Godcubed mentioned before though, if it happened inland, the results would've been absolutely catastrophic. And I have a feeling the reactors should get sorted-it's just the one causing concern now. They normally have emergency "housekeeping" plans in place for an emergency. Hopefully that ship that got swept out with 100 people on board may have survived. Though after seeing the pictures on tv, I wouldn't hold out too much hope. When I first saw the thing, thought it was CGI generated. Proves that mother nature cannot be stopped, no matter how much you prepare. Imagine if this happened on the western US seaboard in San Francisco. Jesus

Last edited:
Well on the "plus" side, the Tsunami thats going to hit Hawaii may not be as bad as first though. It's already hit an island (forgot the name) and its dropped to a few foot, so its already lost force.
Like Godcubed mentioned before though, if it happened inland, the results would've been absolutely catastrophic. And I have a feeling the reactors should get sorted-it's just the one causing concern now. They normally have emergency "housekeeping" plans in place for an emergency. Hopefully that ship that got swept out with 100 people on board may have survived. Though after seeing the pictures on tv, I wouldn't hold out too much hope. When I first saw the thing, thought it was CGI generated. Proves that mother nature cannot be stopped, no matter how much you prepare. Imagine if this happened on the western US seaboard in San Francisco. Jesus
as bad as this is, they have got lucky. What a deeply unsettling thought

the pictures are shoking :/

80 confirmed deaths so far

Theres a train unaccounted for from the coastal area too being reported. Looking bleak as that was one **** of a wave :(

Thing is, one thing confuses me. The Yen has just surged to a 3 month high AFTER the earthquake, and is expected to strengthen further. Is that a good thing or a bad thing, because that's left me baffled.

And what about that whirlpool? Incredible

Last edited: