UCL: Arsenal Vs FC Barcelona 1st k/o round

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are not Invincible but bar those teams, they have not lost a game all season, they are running riot in the La Liga alongside Real Madrid who they are 8 points above mind you and are in the Kings Cup Final

they may not be invincible but i doubt they will lose

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

cos a man called Mourinho decided that the only way to beat them was to play defensively, i doubt Wenger will do that
what about the home game, nothing defensive about that performance. None of what you say tell mes they are invincible, they are very very good not invincible, they have weakness that can be exploited like any other team.

Last edited:
Alcaraz no team is invincible

Anyone can beat anyone on their day

Ever heard of the phrase called a "cup upset" ?

what about the home game, nothing defensive about that performance. None of what you say tell mes they are invincible, they are very very good not invincible, they have weakness that can be exploited like any other team.

as we have discussed before, they have weaknesses but only through the sheer quality of their players are they able to shore up those weaknesses

btw in that home game, Barcelona had to take a bus journey from Spain to Italy due to the Icelandic Volcano Ash, dont you think that played a part in the way they played

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

Alcaraz no team is invincible

Any can beat anyone on their day

Ever heard of the phrase called a "cup upset" ?

i never said they were invincible, i just said they have looked invincible this season, i dont recall mentioning that no team can beat them this season and lets face it Arsenal are unlikely to be the ones and I am pretty sure people will agree with me after your match against Newcastle

as we have discussed before, they have weaknesses but only through the sheer quality of their players are they able to shore up those weaknesses

btw in that home game, Barcelona had to take a bus journey from Spain to Italy due to the Icelandic Volcano Ash, dont you think that played a part in the way they played

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

i never said they were invincible, i just said they have looked invincible this season, i dont recall mentioning that no team can beat them this season and lets face it Arsenal are unlikely to be the ones and I am pretty sure people will agree with me after your match against Newcastle
no it didnt, that irritated me people were trying to find an excuse for their loss

again, excellent side, not invincible, and if there is a side that can exploit that, its arsenal

I don't actually understand what the arguement is? Yes Barca is a very good team and the odds are with them. Yes Barca are not invincible. What else? Lol.

I don't actually understand what the arguement is? Yes Barca is a very good team and the odds are with them. Yes Barca are not invincible. What else? Lol.
i get really annoyed that there is this idea that teams should basically give up when playing barca. arsenal are not favourite, but if there is a side out there capable of unlocking them its the gunners

no it didnt, that irritated me people were trying to find an excuse for their loss

again, excellent side, not invincible, and if there is a side that can exploit that, its arsenal

tbh if Arsenal perform they way they did against Newcastle in the second half, i very much doubt they can beat Barcelona

My verdict: Barcelona 3-0 Arsenal

Arsenal have been hot and cold this season, shining for 5 game and then performing like they did against Newcastle, unless Wenger manages to spring a tactical suprise i doubt they will win

btw Mike. still dont get your logic on how the bus journey did not affect them, it would have affected any team but i agree that they should not blame that for their loss, still it played a part

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

doubt Arsenal can win, Barcelona haved looked invincible this season so unless Wenger takes a leaf out of Mourinho's book and plays a defensive tactic and on the counter, i doubt Arsenal will get anything out of the game

I would say throw every man back bar Rob Van Persie and exploit the space Barca leave behind and pray Messi, Xavi or Villa dont have one of their games

this was my first post

I dont recall metioning that Arsenal cannot beat Barcelona or they should just give up and I just said Barcelona have looked invincible this season not that they are invincible, i just said that it would be incredibly hard for Arsenal to do that and I am prtty sure that was a valid point

i know barca's record, i just brought it up. still not invincible. Lets not already over hype them any more than necessary, they got knocked out last season playing better football than this season

If losing a game wont make them invincible then Arsenal in their unbeaten season were not invincible as they didnt win champions league.

When you see Barca team scoring for fun, word Invincible is way to small to describe them. And i hate Barca as much as any, still for few loses we cant say they are not invincible.

On topic,

I think Barca will win 2-1 or 3-1 at Emirates.

going round in circles. the bus journey was not some epic quest of hardship they still had time to recover, other teams had issues during that period and didnt use it as an excuse. anyway off to watch ireland france

Barca were shocking at the weekend, and are without Puyol.

Song is playing, so hopefully he can mark Messi out of the game again..

Seriously, though - people need to climb out of Barca's behinds and start showing some positivity - Every Arsenal fan comes on and says "We're going to get beattered" or whatever.

If you take a considered view of this game, rather than just looking at how amazing Barca are because well ...they just are then we can definitely win this, at least the first leg:

- Song marked Messi out of the game last year - two defensive and goalkeeping errors cost us two goals at home, then Theo came on and changed the game.

- We were lucky in the first half because we showed far too much respect to them (Just as everyone on here is doing), we were braver in the second half and did much better.

- Messi ran riot because we let him in the second leg - Having Mikael Silvestre, no Fabregas, no Nasri, no Song, no Gallas, no RvP hardly helped..

- They couldn't deal with Nick: Scored in the second leg, created both goals in the first, hit the bar in the second - always looked a threat and will do especially (if he plays) with no Puyol.

- They don't have Puyol.

- They were awful yesterday, left gaps everywhere and were lucky to get a point. They went on overload after about 50 minutes, and with better finishing and a final ball, Sporting could have scored more. Valdes, especially as well as Milito looked poor.

I'll be writing a tactical preview of this game for STV Sport and Arsenal Report for anyone that's interested.. I'll talk about what went wrong last year, and how we can beat them this year. The article will be live from Wednesday morning on STV's website, and the afternoon on the blog.

C'MON ARSENAL DON'T LET THESE BASTARDS WALK OVER US AGAIN!

going round in circles. the bus journey was not some epic quest of hardship they still had time to recover, other teams had issues during that period and didnt use it as an excuse. anyway off to watch ireland france

i dont recall Barca players blaming that for their loss, only their fans

i get really annoyed that there is this idea that teams should basically give up when playing barca. arsenal are not favourite, but if there is a side out there capable of unlocking them its the gunners
Same, but I see where they're coming from. When we do silly things like let 4-0 leads slip makes us look pretty hopeless but I definetely have faith and I think we can win this. Also Wenger said something interesting, Barca will not be happy with this tie at all. If you look at it from their perspective this is the worst tie they could have hoped for.

btw Barca have lost only one game in the La Liga and are in the Kings Cup Final

btw Barca play in a pretty poor league..

Sporting should have beaten them yesterday - Only Madrid have a realistic chance of catching them and it's a two-team league, really.

Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Man City > Villarreal, Valencia, Espanyol, Sevilla.

Madrid have only lost twice - To Barca one time, obviously when they were absolutely awful and Ronaldo tried to make it him vs Messi instead of Real vs Barca - they didn't press the ball and conceded an unfortunate goal meaning they were chasing for 80 minutes.

Plus it's a team still very much gelling.

Easy win for Barcelona, Do not think the Arsenal team has matured enough.

Will be reading your STV piece again Joss as i liked the first one you did

:)

My Score as stated in the OP

2-0 Arsenal

Barca were shocking at the weekend, and are without Puyol.

- They were awful yesterday, left gaps everywhere and were lucky to get a point. They went on overload after about 50 minutes, and with better finishing and a final ball, Sporting could have scored more. Valdes, especially as well as Milito looked poor.

It is no surprise though. After every international breaks they drop points. They have won something like only 3 games out of 16 after international break. So dont read much about their weekend performance.

Going defensive...with our defence: I don't think so.

I think we have a good chance especially now Van Persies back, were so much better with him in the side. If we don't get too nervous and don't let them control the match we can win. I think our best chances will come down the left flank with Alves getting forward so Nasri or Arshavin will need to be on form.

Can't look past Barcelona for this, maybe this is the game that Wenger will regret not signing anyone in January?

Nou Camp - Barcelona 3 - 1 Arsenal

Emirates - Arsenal 0-1 Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.