UCL: Arsenal Vs FC Barcelona 1st k/o round

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an expert but I don't think Arsenals defense can handle Barca. With Messi, Villa, Pedro all on form they should run riot.

Hoping Arsenal can ****** a win but I can see Barca beating them 2-0 at the Emirates.

I'd love Arsenal to win this but I just can't see it..

1-0 to Barca at the Emirates then 3-1 at the Nou Camp.

i fancy arsenal to win 2-1 at emirates but barca to win 3-1 at nou camp and go through 4-3 on aggerate

Seriously, though - people need to climb out of Barca's behinds and start showing some positivity - Every Arsenal fan comes on and says "We're going to get beattered" or whatever.

Yeah but you will get battered. It's like you're on a one man crusade to be-little anything and everything about Barca.

Arsenal 1-2 Barca
Barca 2-0 Arsenal

I'll go 2-0 Barca at Emirates, 4-1 Barca at the Nou Camp.

Hurts me to look at these Champions League threads...

Europea League ftw? :(

I will cry tears of joy if we win. Nothing would be better than to knock out everyone's favourite bandwagon team, but our defending doesn't make me feel confident so I'm not holding my breath.

Come on Arsenal !

1-0 Arsenal at the emirates
2-1 barca at Nou Camp

...away goals ;)

I'll go 2-0 Barca at Emirates, 4-1 Barca at the Nou Camp.

Hurts me to look at these Champions League threads...

Europea League ftw? :(
Eh don't sweat it, Liverpool should do great vs. Prague.

If Arsenal take hint from Gijon/Barca yesterday, they should capitalize on the absence of Puyol. Oh well, will be one **** of a game, my hometown club vs. my favorite English club :wub:

Yeah but you will get battered. It's like you're on a one man crusade to be-little anything and everything about Barca.

Arsenal 1-2 Barca
Barca 2-0 Arsenal

Im pretty sure theres no way of determining we'll get 'battered'.

Sporting Gijon managed to hold them to a draw and would have been a win if it wasn't for a beautiful finish from Villa.

I think this is where Arsenals troubles are. Barcalona have 3 or 4 players arguaby more who can produce something special out of nothing. So even if we played them off the park, theres always the possibilty that Messi or Xavi will pull something out of the bag.

I think Pep Guardiola will be happy with anything but defeat. I think he'd accept draw at the Emirates as they are extremely strong at the Nou camp and it will be tough for us to get a result there.

Im pretty sure theres no way of determining we'll get 'battered'.

Sporting Gijon managed to hold them to a draw and would have been a win if it wasn't for a beautiful finish from Villa.

I think this is where Arsenals troubles are. Barcalona have 3 or 4 players arguaby more who can produce something special out of nothing. So even if we played them off the park, theres always the possibilty that Messi or Xavi will pull something out of the bag.

I think Pep Guardiola will be happy with anything but defeat. I think he'd accept draw at the Emirates as they are extremely strong at the Nou camp and it will be tough for us to get a result there.

Just like to point out that Song marked Messi out of the game at the Emirates and was injured in the second leg.

Just like to point out that Song marked Messi out of the game at the Emirates and was injured in the second leg.

I think you can get anyone to mark Messi, although Song done it superbly. But Messi has the ability to produce something regardless of whos marking who.

exactly No Song and RVP

Playing Silvestre against xavi iniesta ibrahimovic messi pedro

= barca hammering us

Arsenal can pull one off if they play smart. Everyone gives Barcelona too much credit and that let's them control the game. Recently they were 1 down to sporting and sporting closed up and let them control the game which worked until Villa got one in the late minutes.

So simply if Arsenal play their game and ignore the media about how they'll get thrashed they might stand a chance.

2-1 at home and I don't know about the Nou camp.

Reckon both legs will be a cracker, but won't be as good as last season's games as Arsenal have improved greatly and Barca have the same squad bar Villa for Ibrahimovic.

Arsenal 1-1 Barcelona
Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal

Confident we can beat them, last time we were up 3-2 on aggregate at one stage. Our team is so much better than it was last time while Barca's is much the same, other than Villa in for Ibra.

Love how some people in this thread have been bringing up the second half of the Newcastle game, why not mention the first?

With the DJ and Kos partnership at the back, I'm not too worried about conceding a bundle of goals as those two have been playing so well together. And with RVP in brilliant form he could dominate a Puyol-less defence that will possibly be too focused on shutting down Walcott.

Going to be very positive and say 3-1 win for us, RVP scoring a brace before Villa pulls one back before Theo gets us a late one to give us a good advantage.

I'm confident we can, I'm just not confident we will.

Expecting an absolute thumping if I'm honest, maybe not an awful defeat in the First leg, but on aggregate I can see a 3+ goal difference.

Confident we can beat them, last time we were up 3-2 on aggregate at one stage. Our team is so much better than it was last time while Barca's is much the same, other than Villa in for Ibra.

Love how some people in this thread have been bringing up the second half of the Newcastle game, why not mention the first?

With the DJ and Kos partnership at the back, I'm not too worried about conceding a bundle of goals as those two have been playing so well together. And with RVP in brilliant form he could dominate a Puyol-less defence that will possibly be too focused on shutting down Walcott.

Going to be very positive and say 3-1 win for us, RVP scoring a brace before Villa pulls one back before Theo gets us a late one to give us a good advantage.

Obviously we will bring up the second half, its where u showed your worst defensive performance yet, even though u were great in the fist half against Newcastle your defending was **** after Diaby got sent-off, as far as I am concerned, no attack is complete without a good defence and you guys can boast all u like about that first half, shipping 4 goals against Newcaslte is hardly the confidence booster Arsenal need before going into this match

Even though Barca's team has not changed, they are still better than any other team in the world and Villa is arguably one of the best strikers in the world and Macherano, a player capable of disrupting Arsenal's fluid play

RVP may be in great form but people tend to forget Busquets, he has always been the unsung hero and Pique is still there, another player who is one of the best CBs in the world

Arsenal no doubt have the quality to beat Barcelona but will have to play out of their skins to do it and its hardly like they are going into the match brimming with confidence

Last edited:
Arsenal 1 - 3 Barcelona

Barcelona will be far stronger then Arsenal I feel.

Lionel x2
Villa
---
Theo

Status
Not open for further replies.